INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.88 beta available  (Read 3056 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.88 beta available
« on: March 10, 2004, 04:48:38 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues and report them from time to time until we have addressed them.

The latest stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10088.exe

10.0.88 (3/10/04)
1. Changed: Download Manager window will come to the front when it intercepts a download from internet Explorer.
2. Fixed: "Disable Browser Integration" was not initially checked in system tray menu when it was supposed to.
3. Fixed: Video playback would show "can not show visualizations for this type" message right before starting.
4. Fixed: Doing a 'Next' during fullscreen video playback could make it so the bars / mouse didn't work as expected.
5. Fixed: Editing the Date (day), Date (month), and Date (year) in some places didn't work properly.
6. Fixed: Seeking wasn't working for DVD videos.
7. Fixed: License install/restore with older licenses were failing with an "unknown error 18".
8. Fixed: Seeking/fast forward/rewind was not working correctly with most video file types.
9. Fixed: Dialogs and message boxes would not always come to the top and stay on the top when in Fullscreen or Theater View.
10. Fixed: After trying to move the selection in Theater View when it could no longer move would cause it so right-click menus wouldn't get erased after being used.
11. Changed: Theater View's TV item better handles when there are no channels setup.
12. Fixed: Theater View's TV item doesn't show the "List Files" option.
13. Fixed: Theater View's down button wouldn't always scroll to the bottom of a thumb list if there were partial rows of thumbs.
14. Fixed: Download Manager would not pause downloads that were in "Connecting..." stage or earlier.
15. Changed: The text ("Pause All"/"Unpause All") and state (enabled/disbled) of some system tray menu items are changed dynamically.
16. Changed: Library root item icon now changes with the selected Media Mode.
17. Changed: Added more logical handling of play button mode "Play visible files (selected)" when in Playing Now view.
18. Changed: Library searching is now possible from 'Start' tree item.
19. Fixed: Uninstaller was not removing a link from Quick Launch

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re:Media Center 10.0.88 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 07:31:11 pm »

WMA radio stations still don't work.  I know these are stations that used to work since these are the ones I bookmarked in my "My Stations" box.  If you want to test the problem, just pull up the list of "Radio Free Virgin" stations and start going down the list.  They all produce the error:

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.

Windows Media Error:
The specified stream type is not recognized.

Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

Should I stop reporting this?  Can someone from J River confirm that they know about this problem?  Others have reported the same issue, but I've never seen a response to this issue from any J River people, so I'm in the dark as to what the status of this is.

Thanks,

Larry

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 08:51:52 pm »

Still no DSP Studio with this version.

Coverart is broken in all Track Info Display Plugins when connected to a MediaServer.  All you get is a  red X, not even the missing coverart image.  Coverart works in all other Display Plugins, so it doesn't look like an issue of MediaServer not serving it correctly.

BTW this has been broken FOREVER and reported MULTIPLE times...  It would be great to have this working again!

It seems like the Help->Plus Features... menu item should be removed, now that this is no Standard/Plus version distinction.

-John

Media Center Registered 10.0.88 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1594 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Z:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Z: MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jantypas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 10.0.88 and transfers to removable memory cards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 09:47:58 pm »

This worked in the 9.1 series... I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing problems in 10.

I've got a USB flash card writer attached to the machine running MC 10.0.88.  When I create a smart list and then do a "Send to" removable drive (letter), the process starts, and all files are transcoded appropriately, but during the transfer phase, a screen window briefly pops up and then immeidately disappears.  No error messages are generated, but at theend, there's nothing on the card.

These are all WMA files.  They all play and copy to CDs fine.  However, the transfer log shows ALL files are failing because they are of an unsupported file type.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 09:58:51 pm »

Still no DSP Studio with this version :(

-John

Media Center Registered 10.0.88 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 281 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive Z:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Z: MATnutsA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

If you start MC, don't let anything play, and then click the Player > DSP Studio menu item, do you see anything?

If not, close MC, erase these reg keys, and try again:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Properties\DSP Studio Left
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Properties\DSP Studio Top
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 06:17:40 am »

4. Fixed: Doing a 'Next' during fullscreen video playback could make it so the bars / mouse didn't work as expected.
Just like that, and it's fixed. Nice one.

Sadly though, from 10.0.84 (I think)...
Library manager is still allowing pathnames with invalid characters ('*', '|', etc...) to be entered. This means you can set up an entire library and find that it doesn't actually save anything. Oh well...

Scott.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 08:40:28 am »

Sadly though, from 10.0.84 (I think)...
Library manager is still allowing pathnames with invalid characters ('*', '|', etc...) to be entered. This means you can set up an entire library and find that it doesn't actually save anything. Oh well...

Scott.

Check my reply here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19787

Please start a thread if we need to dig more.

Thanks Scott.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 08:45:44 am »

Close disc function still crashes MC
Rich

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 10:30:06 am »

jantypas,

This is covered in the next build. Thanks.

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 10:40:14 am »

Bug ?

At the top, MC10 gives the title and the track's duration and the time elapsed, ok ?

MC gives 7:50 / 2:37 !!!!  at the end of the track ! (for exemple "perfect"!)

This error of calculation seem frequently .... but MC is  perfect when he gives the time remaining.
Jean-Marc

benrose

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 11:47:42 am »

Actually it seems to be the link off the Web Media for all Windows Media stations.  If you put the link in via the File menu it works fine, however if you click the link off Web Media it crashes out Windows Media Player so you have to restart Media Center and use url again.  A bit of a pain as you have to store the windows media radion stations somewhere else for reference.  I am using Windows Media Player version 9.00.00.3075 as there may have been changes / problemw with Windows Media player and not media center as some old stuff doesn't work in this client as well....

WMA radio stations still don't work.  I know these are stations that used to work since these are the ones I bookmarked in my "My Stations" box.  If you want to test the problem, just pull up the list of "Radio Free Virgin" stations and start going down the list.  They all produce the error:

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.

Windows Media Error:
The specified stream type is not recognized.

Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location."

Should I stop reporting this?  Can someone from J River confirm that they know about this problem?  Others have reported the same issue, but I've never seen a response to this issue from any J River people, so I'm in the dark as to what the status of this is.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up