INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Email From JRiver on 22/11/02  (Read 1072 times)

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
Upgrade Email From JRiver on 22/11/02
« on: November 24, 2002, 07:53:08 am »

Jim

In light of the issues that people appear to be having with the "beta" versions of V9 would it not be prudent to extend the 1st December Deadline for upgrading until say 1st Jan?

I have a file library of in excess of 28000 tracks and use MJ8 extensively.

I love MJ8 (apart from the fact that Cover Art is not working) and would love to continue going with the latest version of your products however I feel that being forced to purchase the software prior to it being stable may be counter productive.

It also seems to be a little unfair that I am penalised to the tune of $25 or $40 for being cautious.

Your Email was sent to us on the 22 November thus giving only 8 days maximum to make this important decision.

For example if I choose to stay on V8 will any further development be done? or am I better moving to V9?  

Presently all that I use MJ for is for Audio Files.

Ripping Burning, Cover Art, Tagging, Playlists, Smartlists etc are the most important features to me.

PS This is not meant as a "rant" but more of a constructive critisism!

Graham

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
Re: Upgrade Email From JRiver on 22/11/02
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 07:55:43 am »

As another thought Jim would it be in any way possible to create an install routine where V* and V9 could co-exist on the same PC.

That way I could use my MJ* for playing music, whilst also provide valuable feedback and beta testing for you on V9

Just a thought

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 07:59:47 am »

It's possible, but it would slow us down a lot to try to do it.  We can't afford the time.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 08:05:20 am »

In light of the issues that people appear to be having with the "beta" versions of V9 would it not be prudent to extend the 1st December Deadline for upgrading until say 1st Jan?

I have a file library of in excess of 28000 tracks and use MJ8 extensively.

I love MJ8 (apart from the fact that Cover Art is not working) and would love to continue going with the latest version of your products however I feel that being forced to purchase the software prior to it being stable may be counter productive.

Your Email was sent to us on the 22 November thus giving only 8 days maximum to make this important decision.

Presently all that I use MJ for is for Audio Files.

Ripping Burning, Cover Art, Tagging, Playlists, Smartlists etc are the most important features to me.

PS This is not meant as a "rant" but more of a constructive critisism!

Graham,
I feel your pain.  We knew there would be some difficulties when we did this, so we're trying to get through it as quickly as we can.

What we've done is to offer existing customers a very good deal if they will switch now.

If you choose to switch later, there will be an extra cost.

You might read the FAQ on switching.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up