INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.91 beta available  (Read 5543 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 10.0.91 beta available
« on: March 12, 2004, 03:47:50 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10091.exe

10.0.91 (3/12/04)
1. Changed: CD views show a "no disc" message when no disc is in the drive.
2. Changed: Library shows "no files" message when there are no files in the library.
3. Changed: Installer and Uninstaller are now more responsive while executing commands.
4. Fixed: MC was failing to retrieve information from read only WMA files.
5. Fixed: Sometimes on a skin change, the title bar menu area wouldn't paint with the new skin background.
6. Fixed: Image wouldn't switch when going to the next track if both files had internal cover art.
7. Fixed: Progress reporting for Portables with more than 10 file conversions.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 10.0.91 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 05:28:30 pm »

MC keeps trying to open the download manager to play this WMA link: http://www.di.fm/wma/vocaltrance.asx

This behavior is new and I don't have download manager associated with any files.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 05:32:38 pm »

Start in last location does not work if the Audio mode is enabled -- MC goes to the MC web page instead of the Media Library.

TimB

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 06:03:55 pm »

Start in last location does not work if the Audio mode is enabled -- MC goes to the MC web page instead of the Media Library.
I'm having this problem on both my PCs.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

munter

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 06:04:24 pm »

Can't get any of your links to work..  ? (just me or?)
Very nice software by the way, MC v. 10 seames like a must have...

LonWar

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 06:15:19 pm »

I do not have any problem,

Are you using Internet Explorer
Turn off your firewall
Don't use a download manager..

-

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 06:54:25 pm »

Playing with fonts since i was trying to get rid of the bold since it does not auto resize correctly

Courier New, Courier New, size 9, Looks A Bit Weard, MC10 does this with some other fonts.

however if you close MC and then reload it i clears up.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 08:31:20 pm »

Up in the area where the artist/track are displayed, right above the progress bar, the text doesn't have enough room, the bottom part of hanging letters is cut off, like the lower part of j g y characters.

This is not new, been there since I can remember, but everything is just about done, so it's time to mention this.

Anyone else see this?

Sauzee

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 11:53:17 pm »

Right click does not work when MC is in browser mode eg at amazon.  It's useful for manually copying cover art where auto search fails

Shaddow

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 06:57:50 am »

Does not seem to Sync iPod ratings.. (3g)

Simple test:

Sync one playlist with one tune.

Eject.

Play tune on iPod , change the rating.

Plug back in and Sync.

Does not recognise the new rating.

Please someone fix this issue so I can ditch iTunes..

SouthsideIrish

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 08:04:43 am »

Was just getting ready to update to .91 so I did a sync in .90 and the ratings and playcounts weren't working there as well.

Edit---

I just installed .91 and suddenly the last played and ratings appeared, and this was for the syncs I had did in .90, as well as the one I had did in .91. Very strange.

Bill McNair

sjchmura

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 09:39:55 am »

Can you explain exactly how you are getting this to sync? Which options are you choosing.

For exmaple, my iPOD (iTUNES formated) is showing up as drive h:

Robodoc

• Recent member
  • Did I really say that?!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2004, 06:31:49 pm »

I've noticed that v.91 doesn't properly update the Cover Art in the upper right pane in mega-me mode if there is missing album art.  I have most all of my album art located in the files but don't think that matters.  I have 'Cover Art' selected as the viewing scheme.  When the playing now is selected and displayed and the current song doesn't have any album art, it keeps the previous song's cover art on display instead of showing the default image that it used to display when a song lacked album art.  Sorry if I'm not describing it clearly enough...I don't recall all the pane names and lingo that a more experienced user would probably use.  Happy to answer questions or do tests to further characterize as you need.  Thanks.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2004, 11:49:05 pm »

small bug...

when clicking on column headers to sort it updated that column to reflect 1, but it doesn't update the old column 1 to show it as column 2 until you move your mouse over the heading.  simply moving your mouse over is enough, no clicking required.

Side note: when entering a playlist, the columns have 2 with sorting #'s displayed, and they show a 3 and 4 (1 and 2 are not to be found), when I click on to resort, it will update the column I sorted, but not the others until you move your mouse over it, then it updates 3 to 4, and 4 goes away, but now there's no 2 or 3.

Easy fix?
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2004, 12:24:18 am »

another small one...

when I right-click on a tree item (playlist for example) and select edit selected item, then position my mouse in the middle of the highlighted name, left-click and move left to select part of the name, it acts as if I clicked outside of the box, and becomes not editable again, if I repeat, it works fine.

wierd and annoying, but certainly not huge.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 12:35:37 am »

it would be really nice if when you check the box to mark a field you want to insert into a view, it would automatically highlight that field as well, so when I click the move up button, it didn't have to remind me to highlight the field I just selected, save me a click, and a  >:(

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2004, 02:22:13 am »

How hard is it to make tagging a 'background' operation.  I just updated a custom filed on a long mp3 (just over an hour long), and it's taken over 10 minutes to save the tag changes.  In this case I'm doing it over a VPN connection to the office, so it's taking longer than normal, but it woud be nice if I could use MC while it's re-writing the file.

I have been doing quite a bit of updating tags lately, and it seems to take a several minutes to write a couple hundred tag changes, and while it works, I can't do anything else.  Gets to be pretty frustrating at times.

PS I have stumbled a screen for 'tagging mode' but I can't seem to figure out how to get there on purpose, or how to use it if I do find it again.

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 06:23:51 am »

The following errors occur during iPod synchronisation, using conversion from .ape to .mp3 (VBR normal):

1) When sync is first started, the "overall" bar records progress normally.  If sync is interrupted and restarted without closing and restarting MC, the progress bar remains blank.

2) When synching after converting a batch of tracks, the Time Remaining counter now counts down from zero instead of to zero. (As the operation time is only around 10-14 seconds anyway, the counter seems superfluous.)

3) Twice in about 3000 tracks, MC has frozen at the end of conversion encoding.  I had to use Task Manager to abandon MC.  On restarting MC and restarting sync, a file corruption error was reported for the affected track.  After acknowledging this report, the conversion proceeded normally, and a file was created on the iPod for the bad track.  Attempting to play this file resulted in the file corruption error appearing again, the iPod file list blanked, and the file count went to zero.  To correct this situation I had to eject the iPod, close and restart MC, reconnect the iPod, delete the bad file, eject the iPod again, close and restart MC, and reconnect the iPod.  I could then restart sync, when the supposedly bad file was processed without any problem.  This happened with different tracks - once in .90 and again in .91.

A multiplication factor displayed during conversion encoding would be nice (it's a handy performance indicator).

MC 10.0.91
iPod 30Gb ver 2.1
Windows 2000 SP4
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax

miked

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 09:34:23 am »

Nomad IIc portable bugs.

The warnings about the portable subsystem have gone on the betas so this must be a bug.

Trying to send files to the Nomad IIc doesn't do anything!
Open "HandHeld Player" then "Nomad II"  drag files to the transfer window.  Click transfer, window closes as if it had completed, but checking the IIc shows nothing was transferred.
Without touching the hardware, I can shutdown MC and open Creative MediaSource and transfer the same files correctly.  :(

The same thing happens if "file conversion" is used the conversion happens, but nothing is transferred.
Nomad Plugin V9.0.06

Mike

Media Center Registered 10.0.91 -- D:\Audio\MediaCenter\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1830 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive S:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive S: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

miked

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2004, 09:53:40 am »

Portable subsystem and file conversion

While trying to get the Nomad IIc working these annoyances emerged.

When "force file conversion" is set for transfer to the handheld.
I convert from MP3 192K to 128K for the IIc
MC appears to be trying to guess what the final size of each file will be after conversion.  When trying to transfer I keep getting the message  "Available Space Exceeded".  
If you click OK on this, you are sent back to the main Action Window, you should go to the  handheld "Show List" window so you can change the queue.

When in the "Show List" window, I right click a file in the "queue", I get the options  "Delete" and "transfer to PC",  the file is in the queue not on on the Handheld, it should say something like "Remove From Queue" only.

After removing files from the queue, the transfer window shows the queue as
         "63MB - 2.9MB Available"
When I click transfer, I go back to "Available Space Exceeded" window, very frustrating.

If you are going to guess the file sizes for a conversion the message about "Available Space Exceeded" should be a warning, with an option to proceed with the transfer anyway

Final cosmetic issue
If the queue is bigger than the card I see the transfer confirmation window showing ,   for 64MB card
     11 files - 67 MB - 0.0GB Available
It would look better if the 0.0GB  was  0.0MB, MC knows the card size is MBs

Mike

Media Center Registered 10.0.91 -- D:\Audio\MediaCenter\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1825 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive S:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive S: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

wizbang

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2004, 11:35:38 am »

I can't get MC to recognise .m3u and .mpl files from within the application any more.

Under "Drives & Devices". If I click on a folder that has an m3u or mpl file within it. The icon that is shown is an unrecognised one and if I right-click and select "Play" I get a "Please select files to play" dialog box.

Not sure when this fuctionality stopped working but I definitely used it in 10.0.74.

SteveG

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2004, 02:50:43 pm »

Miked,

There is not a plugin for the Nomad II for MC 10 at this time. Using the MC 9 plugin will not work correctly.  There will be one soon.

Steve

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 04:07:45 pm »

Using the scroll-wheel to change volume on mini-skins is still uneven. The percentage of change between raising and lowering the volume is different. This varies between different Mini-skins with some exhibiting this behaviour more than others - however all are uneven to some degree. Particularly bad examples are "Lower left" and "Lower right".

salsbst1

• World Citizen
screensaver still doens't work
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 05:42:33 pm »

first reported in 10.0.80...

I can't get the system screen saver to show at any time while MC is running.  Doesn't matter which view I'm in.

If the MC window is displayed, then I must quit MC, go to the screen saver properties, set it to None, apply it and then reset a screen saver.

Documented here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19601

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2004, 02:11:33 am »

Playing Now bug
When playing music files In Playing Now, when the display plugin is set to "Cover Art", the art does not change as MC moves to the next track. It always shows the art of the first song played.

This was only partially fixed in this build. When moving from a track that has cover art to one that doesn't, the cover art from the previous track is still displayed instead of correctly showing the MC icon.

-Platu

SteveG

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2004, 08:12:14 am »

Shaddow,

Check the date and time on your iPod and make sure they are correct and that you have checked 'Sync data to MC' checked.  MC will sync ratings from iPod to MC if the last synchronization time is smaller than the date modified time on files in MC.

sjchmura,

Right click and select 'Synchronization' and then check the box for 'Sync data to MC.

SteveG

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2004, 08:53:22 am »

Sir Alan,

1 + 2) I cannot duplicate this. When converting more than 10 files, each batch should sync and report status on the individual batch. Even when I cancel and restart a sync, individual batches report the correct status and time remaining.

3) Can you give more details on the file corruption error?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2004, 09:51:45 am »

Somehow, when I installed this version (or some time after), Download Manager started taking over my downloads.

I do not want to use Download Manager.  I removed all extensions from the file type tab in it, but they keep coming back.

How do I disable this behavior?

Thanks!

Did Download Manager download your files or did it only get started and sit there doing nothing?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2004, 11:38:40 am »

MC keeps trying to open the download manager to play this WMA link: http://www.di.fm/wma/vocaltrance.asx

This behavior is new and I don't have download manager associated with any files.

This happens to me also. After a short time, the file does end up playing in MC though.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2004, 12:34:17 pm »

Upon closing MC the following error message or similar often appears:

Media Jukebox.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0049e5f3" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

sysinfo:

Media Center Registered 10.0.91 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1740 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive P:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive U:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive P: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:36  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
. . . the game is rigged

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2004, 01:07:15 pm »

1 + 2) I cannot duplicate this. When converting more than 10 files, each batch should sync and report status on the individual batch. Even when I cancel and restart a sync, individual batches report the correct status and time remaining.
I found the overall status bar error by hitting Cancel as the first Decode started after a batch was synched.  On restarting sync the bar was blank (expected) but would remain blank even after several batches had been processed, by which time something should have been showing.  The time remaining countdown had worked correctly until I installed an update (not sure if it was .90 or .91)

3) Can you give more details on the file corruption error?
Unfortunately I did not make a note of the actual message - it was several lines long with an OK button below.  Sorry.  (It was clear that the source files were not actually corrupt as they were successfully processed later.)  During the sync when the current batch ended, the problem file was seen to be transferred to the iPod.  The resulting entry in the iPod's file list looked normal in every way, until I tried to play it when, to the best of my recollection, the same message appeared (or one very similar).
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax
Pages: [1]   Go Up