INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .WAVs  Converted  to  MP3  Don't have Tags !!  (Read 923 times)

iamjcl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
.WAVs  Converted  to  MP3  Don't have Tags !!
« on: November 23, 2002, 05:22:35 am »

In continuing trying to figure out the many nuances of MJ,  I have not been able to:

1) Rip a CD to .WAV

2) Convert the .WAVs to MP3, with the .MP3s having tag info from the MJ datbase for the .WAVs.

- If I rip directly to MP3, then the tags are filled in fine, but the .WAV --> .MP3 Conversion does not fill in the tags.

Now I realize that .WAVs do not have tags by nature, but It seems that you would be able to transfer the MJ info at the time of conversion.

I also understand that I can populate tags by either using MJ or T&R after the fact from the filename/directory, but I am frustrated by having to use "multiple steps" for about everything I need to do with MJ.

What I really want to do, if anyone cares, or cares to comment (thanks!) is:

With ONE step -

Rip the CD to .WAV, and store in a ARTIST\ALBUM\TRACK # - FILENAME  format.

Convert the .WAVs to .MP3 with the same filename structure, in another directory.

Have the .MP3 tag info populated (artist, album, track # & title) either from the MJ database or the filename itself.

----

The only way I have been able to do this is to rip to .MP3, saving the .WAVs in the temp directory, and then manually making the directory(s) and copying the .WAVs over.

If I rip to .WAV, and then do a secondary Conversion step, I get no tag info in the resulting MP3s !!

Either way, it seems there is manual manipulation involved, and this is tedious when doing it frequently and / or with large numbers of CDs.

- Chris

faisal

• nothing more to say...
Re: .WAVs  Converted  to  MP3  Don't have Tags !!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 08:08:57 am »

this wouldn't be a problem if MJ supported Encoding and tagging .AIFF
Pages: [1]   Go Up