INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.106 Release Candidate 1 Available  (Read 7642 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.106 Release Candidate 1 Available
« on: April 02, 2004, 01:44:52 pm »

Please use this thread for Big Bugs now.
If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.[/b]  The latest version of 10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100106.exe

10.0.106 (4/2/04)

1. Changed: Default compression quality for JRiver Video Codec is changed to 7.
2. Fixed: On computers without TV device, pressing "Reset Device" button on TV Options would cause multiple "Audio device not found" messages to be displayed.
3. Changed: Start playback on startup no longer switches to Playing Now.
4. Fixed: Printing a file list could output one less line on each page in some cases.
5. Fixed: CD burning not handling multiple instances of DRM protected files correctly.
6. Fixed: 3D Pong's score wouldn't reset for both players on a new song.
7. Fixed: Screensaver would blink on, then off in Theater View. (instead of staying on)
8. Fixed: During image playback, Theater View icons could blink.
9. Fixed: CD burning engine now supports CD/DVD burners installed in Shuttle ST61G4 systems.

Not release to the public.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bedessy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dj NoBody
Re:Media Center 10.0.106 Release Candidate 1 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 07:55:03 pm »

works great here other than burning DVD's. That's the only problems I'm having, so far .

KingDodo

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 08:01:38 pm »

Anyone have a problem with midi files? Here they cant play !!

... where is my module plugin?  ;D

Modified

Just a little note about the midi files. When you try to play a midi file, the status show something like a streaming...

0:00/Live ??
French peoples, visit my portal :
Francophones, visitez mon portail:
www.kingdodo.com

darkAngelChild

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 08:03:42 pm »

found a big bug that lost me hours of work creating a playlist.
if u have a playlist full of songs then type something into the search box to try find some songs within your playlist, it then returns all your songs as it should. delete one of the songs from that list however and it instantly deletes all other files as well that did not match  your search criteria.
trying to delete one song from a playlist that took me 3 hours to make just erased every song in the list.

Platu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 08:32:49 pm »

Bug Found

When starting in standard view and viewing videos full screen, when the video ends or you click stop, it automatically switches to Theatre view. It seems as though the Theatre view preference "Show when playback stops" is inadvertantly affecting this. This preference should only affect media launched while in Theatre view.

Platu

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 10:04:19 pm »

1. When I change "Fonts" to Tahoma 10pt Bold, the bottom of lower case letters like "g", "y", "j", "p" are partially cut off in the top center display window which shows the title of  the currently playing track.

2. The "Options" dialog box will not close when you click on the "X" box, must click on "OK" button to close the dialog window.

Media Center Registered 10.0.106 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1969 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 723 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive L:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive L: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-107D   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 10:23:38 pm »

This happened to me too!

"found a big bug that lost me hours of work creating a playlist.
if u have a playlist full of songs then type something into the search box to try find some songs within your playlist, it then returns all your songs as it should. delete one of the songs from that list however and it instantly deletes all other files as well that did not match  your search criteria.
trying to delete one song from a playlist that took me 3 hours to make just erased every song in the list. "

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 11:47:54 pm »

You may or may not consider this a bug, but I was surprised that clicking near the smaller play control buttons (prev, stop, next) in the Thunderstorm skin caused those buttons to activate, even though I wasn't apparently touching them.

(I'm used to clicking in a non-control area of an app's window to bring it to the front without other side effects.  It sure looks like the black (dark grey) areas of the MC window ought not have any function.)

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Ignore Articles & Artist Column
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 01:31:37 am »

I have 'Ignore Article' turned on.
In Audio mode, I select Audio in the Tree.
I click anywhere in the Album Artist column.
I type 'be'
I am positioned on Beck
Above this artist is The Beatles and The Beautiful South

Since those begin with 'be' and sort ahead of Beck, shouldn't I be positioned on The Beatles?

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 02:38:30 am »

When selecting "Get Image from Scanner", MC launches the TWAIN driver software for my scanner and imports the image OK.  However, it launches this software using the current skin for MC, which looks most odd depending on the skin used (PixOS looks fine but ThunderStorm looks very peculiar).  Shouldn't dependent processes like scanner applications be launched "skin-less" as they are meant to be run?

Nick-S

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 03:36:53 am »

There's  still the bug, I mentioned a few releases ago.
When you edit the lyrics of one song and WHILE editing them MC begins to play the next song and you hit the SAVE button in the lyrics-window, lyrics are saved to the next song and not to the song where you began your editing.

Nick

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
Context menus
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 11:14:13 am »

Know this isn't a show-stopper but it's a problem that keeps cropping up.

Context menus are inaccessible via Windows menu key and the Shift-F10 shortcut.  It appears that it may be a skin problem as the Windows menu key works with the Green Eyes, PixOS and Z skins but not Blue Steel or ThunderStorm.  Shift-F10 doesn't work for any of them.  Tried it in Playing Now and Media Library.
Shortie

qstar2k

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 12:58:50 am »

This has been around for a while, since 102 at least, but I dont know how to reproduce it consitanly.

With the volume at 100%, When I try to drag the volume slider with the mouse, the display will only move between 100% - 99% while the actual volume changes OK.

Rel: RC1
Wayne

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 01:34:31 am »

Creating a new library field named 'Type' of type List (semicolon delimited) works just fine, until you close down MediaCenter.  Once you restart MediaCenter the field is AWOL along with all its data!  Any view schemes you had the 'Type' field in are now blank...

Either don't let me create a field with this name, or quit throwing away my data please.

-John

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 04:12:17 am »

BUG
Closing MC while audio analysis is running causes crash
Rich

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 07:32:40 am »

We're trying to reserve this thread for any major problems so I've moved some posts into new threads.

Please don't post minor problems here at this point.  They will be addressed later.  You may be better off to wait until we have more time.

Questions should go in a separate thread.

Thanks.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2004, 10:20:12 am »

When I Move an image file from one directory to another and there is already a different file with the same filename (e.g., cover.jpg), MC asks whether to replace the file.  I click No.

In this scenario, nothing should change.  And on the hard disk, everything is fine.

In the MC database, the first file is missing from the first directory, and both files appear in the second directory.  That is, two files are listed with the same filename in that directory according to MC.  Each has its original "name" (e.g. "Elvis Costello back cover").  Both thumbnails are that of the first file.  And when you Play them, both show second file.

I've tested this a couple times only with image files.

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2004, 10:22:36 am »

Automation bugs

1. ShowProgram (1) causes a server threw an exception error

2. The View Scheme Tree does not seem to populating correctly but I haven't had time to carefully look at this other then a reinstalling 9.139 and seeing that it works... has the automation interface changed?  

Ok, some more information, the tree populates correctly when using the defaul view scheme.  If you add non default items to the top level of the tree, they do NOT populate correctly.  Changing level 2 items works fine.

Mike

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2004, 11:56:27 am »

WILL THIS BUG NEVER GET FIXED? It may be the 10th time I report it!

1. Play a tagged mp3 file with a year in the tag
2. Go to PLaying now
3. Set the display plugin to 'Track Info'
4. The style to Dreamstate

Now NOTICE that the 'Year' is empty, it never displays the year set in the tag!

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 12:08:00 pm »

WILL THIS BUG NEVER GET FIXED? It may be the 10th time I report it!

1. Play a tagged mp3 file with a year in the tag
2. Go to PLaying now
3. Set the display plugin to 'Track Info'
4. The style to Dreamstate

Now NOTICE that the 'Year' is empty, it never displays the year set in the tag!

Dreamstate apparently still uses the TrackInfo_Insert(Year) command, instead of the current TrackInfo_Insert(Date).  Not sure if this will help, but you can go inside it with any HTML editor and correct the index.html file, but that might get overwritten the next time the software is updated.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 12:08:40 pm »

We're trying to reserve this thread for any major problems so I've moved some posts into new threads.

Please don't post minor problems here at this point.  They will be addressed later.  You may be better off to wait until we have more time.

Questions should go in a separate thread.

Thanks.

Jim,  I totally understand your wanting to keep this thread for bugs only, but in the last few days, it seems we keep needing to post bugs in a different way.  Would it be easier if you just started a sticky thread where we could post these bugs and our wish list for the future?

I've noticed a couple of threads where you guys have said, remind us of that in a couple of weeks.  Maybe it would be easier for everyone if we just have one thread that could have all of these ideas, that way, we don't have to remember to remind you, and you don't forget/miss any good suggestions.  I don't think it would be very hard to do, and would probably make everyone's experience with bugs and suggestions easier to manage.  Just a thought.

Have a great day.
pretend this is something funny

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 12:13:43 am »

The "tag info" screen can no longer be brought up for streaming radio stations -- it says "no files selected" when you try.  I'm pretty sure this worked before, since I remember being able to check the file type info for radio stations somehow, and I don't know where else I would have looked.  I also remember being able to see the actual internet address someplace, and now I can't seem to find this anywhere.  I believe that this was in the AW under "tag info" as well.

As a workaround, I used "Customize Display" to add "file type" to the line above the progress bar, but being able to check for this type of information in the Action Window is a very useful feature that seems to have been removed.  This workaround also doesn't solve the issue of not being able to see the address.

Larry

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2004, 08:18:35 am »

scrollbars aren't working in audio analysis
Rich

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2004, 08:31:44 am »

Current version does not have appropiate icons for "Album thumbnails" and "Detailed view" toolbar's buttons.

New buttons still have the same icons as List style.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 08:37:29 am »

... in the last few days, it seems we keep needing to post bugs in a different way.  Would it be easier if you just started a sticky thread where we could post these bugs and our wish list for the future?
You could do that if you want, but we won't make it sticky.

Our focus is now completely on eliminating any serious problems with existing features in MC.  Anything else will be ignored until MC 10 has been released.

Please use a new thread for discussions so we keep this thread for BIG BUGS only.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2004, 09:08:37 am »

Sorry - not a "BIG BUG", but I do think it's relevant.

Plugins Manager pages for Encoder, Handheld, Input, Interace and Remotes all have references to "MJ" instead of "MC" :)

Scott.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2004, 10:29:48 am »

The progress slider no longer works when playing Midi files   :-X
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

JohnT

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2004, 10:34:21 am »

works great here other than burning DVD's. That's the only problems I'm having, so far .
I've created a separate thread "DVD burning problem" to work with you on this. Please post there.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

denon

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2004, 11:50:18 am »

I KNOW !. YOUR GOING TO.. DELETE ?.  THIS..  BECAUSE.. IT  is NOT ?..  A  MAGOR  BUG..   BUT !!!

I ALSO  HAVE...
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9
MEDIA MONKEY
MUSIC MATCH
AUDIO STATION
WINAMP
CREATIVE PLAYSTATION
SONIQUE
AND REAL PLAYER  (  PRETEND PLAYER )

AND...   I  ALLWAYS !!!  COME  BACK  TO  USING  YOURS..

SORRY..  NO  COMEPLANTES ??
JUST  THE  BEST..  KICK..  ASS PLAYER AROUND
SORRY TO  TAKE UP  EVERBODYS  TIME...
Pages: [1]   Go Up