INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezing up on Importing files  (Read 951 times)

seals

• nothing more to say...
Freezing up on Importing files
« on: April 14, 2004, 01:46:50 am »

When I got to import new files, mj locks up, not my computer just the jukebox.  I have tried to uninstall, then reinstall, but it still does the same thing.  I dont think I could max out the library, I have like 8000 songs.  This is my favorite player and I really dont want to go to something else.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Freezing up on Importing files
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 12:11:54 pm »

it may be a few bad mp3's\media files or ID3v2 tags that is creating the problem.

try moving the offending mp3's\media files and try re-importing.

some files that are protected media files may have problems with importing i think there was somone else with the same problem.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 03:35:59 pm »

indeed - i had this problem.

check to see if the importing always stops on the same number, if it does then delete that entry from the library then retry. once you can get all the other files imported go back and try that one seperately.

the thing is i cant remember quite how i mapped song number 12473 to its filename, but it didnt take me too long. i think MC scans the files in quite a logical way...

Stu

• Perfection Through Silence
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 01:22:07 pm »

I've also been having this problem much to my annoyance, originally the the count was stopping on file 365 I think. I tried highlighting in the folder everything I wanted to add, right clicked and clicked import to media center a different number of files were added that time.

I'm not sure if its just a bug conflicting on my computer or not. I am using Xp and running version 10. I opened up a minute ago and got an error saying that Blue Steel couldnt be loaded too  :-\

I think my computer is ******
Pages: [1]   Go Up