INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fadeout problem  (Read 1683 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Fadeout problem
« on: May 09, 2004, 04:17:21 pm »

When I read this,
NEW: Several optimizations to the player core -- improves conversion and audio analysis performance by over 25%. (also helps playback performance)
I hoped that the fadeout bug will be part of the dark past of MC 8) So I turned on my Modem and downloaded it. But it's still there.

Fade Out on Stop holds MC
First reported: 26.11.2003
When having enabled “Tools --> Options --> Playback --> Stop >> Fadeout (xxx) <<” after hitting the stop button and after finishing the fadeout, MC hangs for at least the time the fadeout took. It doesen't react to anything.
This bug appears on all my machines I used since MediaJukebox has the fadeout function. It was in Windows 98 on a Pentium 200 MMX and its still there with Windows XP Pentium IV 1.8.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Fadeout problem
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 04:20:43 pm »

Are the files being played on a network server?

What else do the PC's have in common?

Sound card?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 10:57:27 am »

The files are stored local. Appears as well with mp3s as with wma and wav (I don't have any other...). It only apears if "System Volume" is activated. Buffer, Output Mode and DSP Settings doesn't change the behaivor.

DURING fadeout MC freezes completly, AFTER the fadeout MC is still freezed but now the player controll (play, pause, stop, next, back) are highlighting on mouse over, but they're unpressable and MC uses the whole processor power. The AFTER fadeout period is (plus - minus) the same length like the fadeout itselfe.
But if there is a video file after an audio file, there is the fadeout (with "standard freezing") and AFTER the fadeout the "advanced freezing" takes up to 20 (!!) Sekundes but  the video plays as it should.

Well, I'm now using an Onboard Soundchip (CMI8738). If you want me to, I'll put my old PCI Soundblaster into my system, deactivat the ONBoard Chip  and test it... The old system and the new ones have nothing in common.

Thanks for your reaction!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 11:07:45 am »

BTW:
Am I the only one who has this bug? What about you, NoCodeUK? Does it work for you now? Anyone else?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 11:23:24 am »

Fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 11:37:20 am »

If you really get this bug, I'll... start crying. I was waiting for this for years (or was it just one?) and now you easily say, will be fixed. And you only took a half day  :o

:-* THANK YOU SOOO MUCH !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up