INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instead of playing next, MJ8 buffers endlessly  (Read 1497 times)

Rainer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Instead of playing next, MJ8 buffers endlessly
« on: May 19, 2004, 05:12:24 pm »

Hi, since i have a new PC with windows 2000 MJ8 is playing only one song. If the song has finished it can be seen on the visualisation that something is going on (probably the next song) but there is no sound. At the same time the player says "buffering" without ending and shows the playing time of the next song,  but without any move of the pointer. If i stop manually and then click next, the next song will be played. Continious play one song after each other won't work anymore. I always have to click stop prior to the next song. Another observation is, that the songs that is playing stops some seconds before its real end.
With W98 I did no problem at all. Any idea?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Instaed playing next MJ8 buffers endlessly
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 08:22:49 am »

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Reboot?

Is the program a current version?

Rainer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:53:25 pm »

Hi Jim,
yes I did it twice, uninstall and reinstall with rebooting.  But without no change of the problem. The version is 8.0.400.
Regards from Germany,
Rainer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 01:28:18 pm »

There was a similar problem 2 to 4 weeks ago and I think the solution was found.  Please see if you can find it by reading old posts or searching.

Rainer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Instead of playing next, MJ8 buffers endlessly
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 01:52:19 pm »

I tried the solution of the similar problem (was related to CD playing next track). I was able to make MJ playing next song by using direct sound, but after reboot the problem came back and was still the same. Meanwhile I found out, that the problem is not existing if I use the on board sound (Motherboard ASUS P4C880-E). Unfortunately the on board sound quality is not as good as with my sound card. So i still like to find out what the problem is causing. The sound card I am using (SEKD Prodif plus) was working fine in MJ with all settings (analog/digital playback) under W98SE.

Rainer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 05:04:09 pm »

Hi, I'm still having problems to get MJ continiously playing one song after each other. Due to the very poor sound the onboard audio is not aceptable as final solution. When using my high end quality soundcard I still get endless buffering when next song should be played. Using the direct sound setting helps as long as I don't shut down the PC. After reboot the problem is back again. By the way, trying to start the next song manually several times an error message states that Media Jukebox caused an error and appplication will be shut down. Might there be a chance to find the root cause if I send the Dr. Watson error log to you?

Rainer

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 04:22:33 pm »

The topic can be closed. I found the root cause for the problem by myself. The Sound Max program of the Asus P4C800-E onboard sound system was impacting MJ8 and the PCI soundcard even if the onboard sound was disabled and its application software was deactivated. After removing all onboard sound related SW and drivers from the System MJ8 is still endlessly buffering when using wave out, but with setting to direct sound it is working well and stable now.
Thanks.
Rainer
Pages: [1]   Go Up