INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V10 feature request  (Read 1480 times)

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
V10 feature request
« on: June 16, 2004, 07:12:46 am »

The right mouse click behaviour is "sticky" e.g. if you navigate to "open in default editor" that becomes the 1st menu choice until you do something different - or close MC.  Is there any way that 1st choice could persist across shut downs?

Ian G.

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
Re:V10 feature request
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 12:54:49 pm »

When selecting songs to play in the "Media Library" view it would be VERY helpful if the icon at the left of the song title was a different color when it exists in the current "Playing Now" list.   :D  

Please see image below for example (green = in current "playing now" list)

http://www.picgoo.com/uploads/mediacenter.jpg

::)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 07:30:25 am »

The right mouse click behaviour is "sticky" e.g. if you navigate to "open in default editor" that becomes the 1st menu choice until you do something different - or close MC.  Is there any way that 1st choice could persist across shut downs?

Ian G.

You can increase the number of recently used items that appear in the list via a simple registry change.  First make sure that you have an item in the list (i.e. do something!) then look in the registry under something like HK Current User\Software\J River\Media Jukebox.  Edit the key called MRUCommandCount.  I set it to 8.  

Your setting will persist across MC sessions but any recently used items will be cleared with each new session.  I think that the feature request here is for the setting to default to something like 5 and for there to be an option  to have the MRU items to persist across sessions.  I doubt it will happen as we've been after it for ages and there's always something more important.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 08:33:28 am »

I doubt it will happen as we've been after it for ages and there's always something more important.
That's also often said about the numerous other requests.

IanG

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 08:39:42 am »

You can increase the number of recently used items that appear in the list via a simple registry change.  First make sure that you have an item in the list (i.e. do something!) then look in the registry under something like HK Current User\Software\J River\Media Jukebox.  Edit the key called MRUCommandCount.  I set it to 8.  

Your setting will persist across MC sessions but any recently used items will be cleared with each new session.  I think that the feature request here is for the setting to default to something like 5 and for there to be an option  to have the MRU items to persist across sessions.  I doubt it will happen as we've been after it for ages and there's always something more important.

That helps, thanks!  You're right about the persistent MRU items too.  As for priorities - I couldn't possibly comment   :)

Ian G.

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Re: V10 feature request - Sticky Menu Items
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 04:08:15 am »

Looks like the location to set the number  of sticky menu items listed has changed in MC11.

Just in case someone is looking for it, since the help is not updated yet:

The registry to be changed is now

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 11\Properties
and the setting:
View - Right Click MRU Count

MODIFIED: And now I just saw it: It is now part of the options: Options/Tree & View/Advanced. So no need to changed it through the Registry anymore, except if you want to make a backup of it.

Regards
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320
Pages: [1]   Go Up