INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning problem  (Read 2125 times)

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
Burning problem
« on: June 17, 2004, 01:18:39 pm »

Got time to try to fix my burning problem with mc10. Tried using 1x speed and got to 85 percent before I got the error message "failed possibly due to a buffer under run condition where computer is unable to send data fast enough. Choose lower writing speed.
 Remember, It works perfectly at 4x when I covert my files to wave with mc and then shut it down and use my adaptec cd creator software.
 I also set adaptec so it wouldn't come up automatically but it still does. Did this twice and rebooted several times since I set it. :-\ :-\
deerhunter

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
Re:JimH,JohnT. Lets fix my burning problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 01:22:21 pm »

Better give you my system info again

Media Center Registered 10.0.146 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 86 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1017) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E: HP      CD-Writer+ 8200   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:1  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
deerhunter

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 01:26:34 pm »

so your burner does not support BurnProof

thats not good.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Omni

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 01:32:01 pm »

BurnProof is evil.  Give us ice tea drinkers back our coasters, I say!

(I deference to imjustgamer, I should point out that I'm only kidding of course. :P  *runs*)

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 01:38:39 pm »

Don't know what burnproof is but my mechanic just said "thats not good" when I told him I am slowly leaking antifreeze from my car and can't find it. Would this be similar to my cd burner problem. It was the top of the line hp cdwriter in its day just as my 97 Buick was.
deerhunter

Matthew

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 02:48:38 pm »

Have you tried other burning software? And what was your results. Theres Nero and Easy CD Creator as an option. How old is your CD Burners?

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
Re:Burning problem
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 03:06:48 pm »

As I said in my first message, my adaptec easy cd creator works perfectly with my hp cdwriter plus. It may be a little old but the cd I created by sending mc converted files to my hard drive and then burning with the software that came with my burner was perfect and sounded great on mc10. Why won't mc10 burner work. Too much hassle to burn many this way.
deerhunter

Matthew

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 03:16:42 pm »

Its Roxio Easy CD Creator. :) Simply get a faster burner or get a new OS like Windows XP/Windows 2000 pro which our more stable Operating Systems. Your problebly using old version of Easy CD Creator.

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 04:02:38 pm »

As I said in an earlier post, great program but you have to have a lot of patience.
deerhunter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 04:17:57 pm »

deerhunter,
It might be time to get a new drive.

Omni

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 04:19:59 pm »

Don't know what burnproof is...

With the old CD-Writers (like yours), once the laser fires up to burn the pits in your CD, there's no turning back.  This means that the drive's internal buffers must have data to write at all times, otherwise, you'll get a coaster since the laser is going to burn through the CD whether there is valid data or not.  This is why burning CD's on drives like yours is super CPU usage sensitive.  If your PC is busy doing other stuff, it may not be able to keep up with the drive's need for data.

With the introduction of BurnProof technology, this is no longer true.  The laser can be turned on and off (figuratively) at will, so if there is no data, the drive simply waits until there is some.

Anyway, when burning a CD in MC, 1.) make sure there are no other tasks/applications running, and 2.) make sure the files are local and not on a network.  If this is already true, then your best bet is just to upgrade to newer drive since maybe MC is just not fast enough on your system to keep up for some reason.  (These days, they are practically giving them away anyway.)

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 05:20:41 pm »

Apparently mc doesn't always send information. I am not buying a drive until I get my new top of the line Dell this fall with a couple internal cd and dvd writers. . Anyway I know enought to turn everything off when I write a cd. And though it is a lot more trouble my cd writer works perfect if I save the files to my hard drive and use the software that comes with it. Just aggravating.
deerhunter

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 05:27:28 pm »

I still love the program so will not worry about the cd burner.Listening to: 'The Image Of Me' by 'Conway Twitty' on Media Center 10
deerhunter
Pages: [1]   Go Up