INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Window Last Viewed  (Read 1794 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Action Window Last Viewed
« on: June 17, 2004, 09:21:56 pm »

Why does the Action window not come back up to where I left it when I closed MC ?

It always reverts back to the main Action Window when MC is loaded.  I want it to stay on Image View where I left it.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

jleerigby

Re:Action Window Last Viewed
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 07:26:25 am »

It was done this way for the sake of inexperienced users.

DocLotus

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:27:39 pm »

Hmmmm...

Seems to me that an inexperienced user would want it to return to where they were last using it.

In fact, it seems to me that almost anyone would want it returning to where they last used it.

If I am playing some music, then shut down Windows, then the next day I boot up Windows I want it to always return to where I left it.  After all that is the reason for the Last Exit View command.  Other things return to where they were so why not the Action Window ?

Makes no since to me at all  :P

I suggest that the Action Window should be tied into the Startup Interface option like much of the rest of MC is.  That would resolve the problem once and for all and provide everyone just what they want with the Action Window.

Then it would all make since  ;D
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

pank2002

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 06:42:38 pm »

yeah, that one have annoyed me too! I like to have several action windows open (image; playing now etc) and it's really a shame it dosen't 'remeber' the position on exit. Please fix it!
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Sauzee

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 11:12:27 pm »

Agree 100%.

MC doesn't even remember position of the action window when the file properties action window is minimized.

Try it...........  it reverts back to the 'home' Action Window. :(

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 04:02:02 am »

This has been a suggestion for quite a while now.  I would like to be able to "set" the specific list of Action Window "states" that are started when MC is opened, which would save me from having to re-navigate to my "most used" AW's every time I start up MC.

Larry

DocLotus

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 05:53:12 am »

Kind of looks like JRiver needs to address this problem soon.

I know that for me it certainly would make MC much more enjoyable to use when playing back music 8) ;D

This seems like such a basic requirement that it should have been in the Action Window all along, huh ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 07:26:24 am »

It was done this way for the sake of inexperienced users.
Correct.  New users easily get lost with things like this, and if they do, they give up.  Think of it as your gift to new users.

In any case, it's not going to change.

DocLotus

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 08:16:28 am »

Sad, very sad indeed  :'(

So why can't this be implemented...

I suggest that the Action Window should be tied into the Startup Interface option like much of the rest of MC is; it could then be used with the Last Exit View command.

It could still default to the way is currently is but we "experienced" users could change it to make it more usable for us. It would provide a more flexible MC... that only makes since.

This would resolve the problem once and for all and provide everyone just what they want with the Action Window.

After all, MC is basically a power user program but the Action Window kind of leaves me cold as it does not behave correctly.  Having to constantly manually bring up the Image View each time MC is loaded is a pain that does not need to be.

Please reconsider you hard stance on this as I am not alone on wanting the Action Window to remember the last position used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up