INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wish List for MC11...  (Read 841 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Wish List for MC11...
« on: July 14, 2004, 06:29:03 am »

Hi Everyone;

As MC11 is in it's infancy, I thought this would be a good time to express my desires for a more improved MC.

On that thought, I put together this little list of things that I really want to see added to MC11.

The following would certainly make MC11 a much more enjoyable experience for me...

Have several fixed TV screen sizes similar to ATI TV...
* The ability to have several fixed TV screen sizes which can be selected with the CTRL & Up or Down Arrow keys.  This makes it easy to quickly select a screen size to fit the available space on your desktop when working on other documents.

Maintain Aspect Ratio in TV window...
* Maintain Aspect Ratio.  I find this to be very handy in ATI's A-I-W cards as I drag the screen to various sizes it automatically adjusts the frame size in relation to the aspect ratio so there is never any blank spaces outside of the actual viewing area.

Icons...
*  Put the color back into the icons. They are simply too hard to identify without color, especially at the current smaller size.
*  Icons need to be slightly larger as they are too small for high-rez screens.
*  Add a size command to the Customize Menu bar so the icons can be resized to look better on various size & resolution monitors.

Differences between ATI A-I-W 9600 Pro TV viewer & MC 10 TV Viewer...
*  ATI... Has Gamma but no Sharpness controls.
*  MC 11... has Sharpness (very nice indeed) but no Gamma.
*  I seem to remember a Gamma when I was running my ATI A-I-W 7500 card but am not sure.
*  Is it possible to put the Gamma control (Ctrl+Alt+Tab) into MC?

ALL windows should be totally movable plus have an On/Off feature...
I would love to see ALL the windows in MC be totally movable so I could really customize MC by moving the windows to any location on the screen.
*   Sound Forge Siren player from many years ago, allowed me to do that & it was wonderful. It gave me total control over the placement of all my screens.
*  Siren also allowed me to selectivly turn on or off any window.
*  I could make Siren look any way I wanted it to.

More DVD / TV features as in ATI A-I-W video cards and in Zoom Player...
MC is rather basic when in video / DVD / TV modes.  I wish there were a lot more features available as there is in the ATI A-I-W video cards and in Zoom Player...
*  Mouse control similar to what ZOOM Player allows where I can configure the mouse to do all sorts of things.
*  Use the Mouse Scroll wheel to change the size of the whole image similar to what ZOOM Player allows.  This is one very nice feature where I can use the mouse to increase the size (zoom in) of a widescreen DVD or TV image to fit the height of my screen.  As the far right & far left of a widescreen image usually does not contain a lot of useful image I just zoom it off the screen thereby making the image larger to fit the height of my screen.  If there is useful information on the far left or far right I simply scroll the mouse to make it fit (zoom out).  Works great.
*  The ability to zoom in (or magnify) on any part of the screen by drawing a rectangle around the object with the mouse like the ATI A-I-W video cards allows me to do.  NOTE: This is different then the zoom mentioned above.
*  A un-zoom key to restore the screen back to normal.

Action Window should be tied into the Startup Interface option...
The Action Window should be tied into the Startup Interface option like much of the rest of MC is; it could then be used with the Last Exit View command.
*  It could still default to the way is currently is but we "experienced" users could change it to make it more usable for us. It would provide a more flexible MC.
*  This would resolve the problem once and for all and provide everyone just what they want with the Action Window.

View Scheme...
Want the ability to turn off the View Scheme  in the upper right window.

Crop Edges is not working with ATI's A-I-W 9600 Pro video card..
*  When Crop Edges is turned on, all TV becomes very jerky.
*  This seems to be a problem with all of the latest versions of ATI's Catalyst video software as it was ok several Catalyst versions back.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
Re:My Personal Wish List for MC11...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 08:12:25 am »

It would be nice if TV tuner and Web media would also adhere to the View Scheme interface.

I would like to make a TV View Scheme, so that I coould chose TV channels or web radio the same way as I select music, images and videos through the panes.

I would setup a pane that would contain TV channels according to countries ( Swiss ,German, French, British) or specific topics (news, sports, movies etc.)

This would give MC a much more consistent interface over all media types. It would be terrific!

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re:My Personal Wish List for MC11...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 10:37:17 am »

Great idea. ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up