INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update library: which files disappear  (Read 967 times)

wladdy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Update library: which files disappear
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:19:18 am »

I just updated my library in MC10.
It took under one minute (although I have >30k files), and it ended up telling me that 826 songs and 223 cover art files where removed.

PROBLEM #1
However, I was surprised that I did not get any list of the removed files - the message at the end of the update did not have a 'More details' button. I could not find the removed files in the recycle bin.
Does anyone have an idea on how to figure out exactly which files were removed?

PROBLEM #2
Also, a strange thing happened during the update: MC removed 223 valid cover art files. It did not tell me which ones either, but I could find those in the recycle bin. When I went to look the corresponding songs, I found that they had been associated to a new cover art file that does not exist - same name as the old one and same path, except that it is now in drive C: instead of Ï:. This is strange since all my Media Center is on I:. The path C:\...\Cover art does not even exist.

Any ideas of what might have happenned?

Sorry for the length of this post, but I sure would appreciate some help...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Update library: which files disappear
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 11:51:02 am »

Check your settings for file location in the options.  

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Update library: which files disappear
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 10:07:19 am »

I just updated my library in MC10.
It took under one minute (although I have >30k files), and it ended up telling me that 826 songs and 223 cover art files where removed.

PROBLEM #1
However, I was surprised that I did not get any list of the removed files - the message at the end of the update did not have a 'More details' button. I could not find the removed files in the recycle bin.
Does anyone have an idea on how to figure out exactly which files were removed?

Update library just removes links to files that don't exist. If they didn't exist in the first place, they won't be in your Recycle Bin
Pages: [1]   Go Up