INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License problem  (Read 869 times)

smr888

• nothing more to say...
License problem
« on: November 09, 2002, 12:01:59 pm »

I have a MediaJukebox8.rrg file on my hard disk.  When I attempt to restore using Help/Restore License/Restore License from File, I get this message:

"In order to restore your license, you must register online.  Click OK to go to our Restore License webpage."

I do that, and (since I don't seem to have my "registration code") I click the link to have my license e-mailed to me.  No e-mail ever comes.

I still have the original "buybutton receipt" so I know that the e-mail I am entering is the same one I registered with in April of 2002.  I also try entering my other e-mail address.  No e-mail comes to either one.  This is getting quite frustrating.  I have just upgraded to the current MJ and am getting various "this feature is not activated" messages.  What do I need to do to get a valid, usable license?  The e-mail address I have been entering is the same one I gave to register here on the forum.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Yet another license problem
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 12:32:53 pm »

When you restore in MJ, you should have two options.  One from the file and the other from the internet.  Choose file and then browse to the rrg file's location.

If not, what version?

The Restore Page won't help since your license is an older type.  Please see the FAQ on this under Jukebox/Purchase above.

smr888

• nothing more to say...
Re: License problem
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 12:40:58 pm »

Thanks Jim for the very quick response.

I believe that I am doing, and have been doing, exactly what you are telling me to do.  That is, I selected Help/Restore License/Restore License From File, selected the c:\MediaJukebox8.rrg file, and MJ came back with the "In order to restore your license, you must register online.  Click OK to go to our Restore License webpage." message.  I have been unable to find a way to restore from the Internet (you seem to be telling me that I cannot).  In answer to your question, I am on the current MJ, 8.0.388, and trying to get it back to full power or whatever.  I have read through the FAQ numerous times, but nothing there seems to address this situation specifically.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License problem
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 12:50:08 pm »

Check your old e-mail from Buy Button.  There should be one telling you how to convert that license.

If you can't find it, email your name and address to jimh @ jriver.com and I'll see if I can find it.  I'm guessing your e-mail address changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up