INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download confusion  (Read 2363 times)

azdood

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Download confusion
« on: August 04, 2004, 09:58:15 pm »

Hello All - I just downloaded King Sparta's Cover Art Finder, but can't find how to access it on the MC.  I checked the J. Rivers folder in my Program files and it's there - it just doesn't show up on the MC menu.

Also, I tried to download the G-Force Visualization but ended up going around in circles.  I clicked on the download button in the Plug-Ins selection page and that took me to the G-Force website.  I then selected MC as my download site and was taken back to the Plug-Ins page again.  Round and round.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
We are all bozos on this bus...

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Download confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:13:55 pm »

hi, just a dumb question...did you install the plug in?  When I did it, I had to install the plug in from the downloaded file , then unlock it with king's unlock code (you get it from his site).  As for G-Force, I downloaded it from the g-force site.  Then start MC. start playing a tune, then select player, display options, display plug in, and select G-Force.  Go to playing Now and enjoy the show.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:24:58 pm »

Are you running 11?

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 10:31:48 pm »

No, I'm running MC 10

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 01:51:12 am »

Thanks Bebop.  Man, this is embarrassing.  Like you guessed, I didn't download it.  I had the file, but....

The G-Force is still going around in circles.  When I go to their website they gave me options of where I wanted it to go and I, of course, picked MC.  Well, that took me right back to the Plug-In page.  I clicked download on the G-Force ad and that took me right back to the G-Force website.  I sure hope the answer to this isn't as embarrassing as the Cover Art one....

IanG

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 02:44:02 am »

The G-Force is still going around in circles.  When I go to their website they gave me options of where I wanted it to go and I, of course, picked MC.  Well, that took me right back to the Plug-In page.  I clicked download on the G-Force ad and that took me right back to the G-Force website.  I sure hope the answer to this isn't as embarrassing as the Cover Art one....

It looks the the G-Force website's come unstuck - there are links to the various media players' websites, but no download for MC!  Of course you could always go for Gold - you'll probably buy it anyway - it's $10 well spent!

Ian G.

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 06:18:35 am »

Here's the link from their download page for G-Force for Windows:
http://seeyourmusic.com/g-force/downloads/G-Force_268.exe

Run it and during the install you state which media player you want it to support.

The text on the download page is confusing as it suggests that there is a different download link for each Media Player and also a separate standalone application.  That's not the case.  All these applications are bundled together in one package for download.

I've provided feedback to the G-Force support area (aka Andy).

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 03:55:49 pm »

Thanks JLee.  I was able to download G-Force from the link you provided but it still hasn't shown up on my MC10.  I saw the selected download sites you mentioned during the download and it had WMP and MC10 both checked.  I unchecked WMP (it doesn't deserve anything this cool) and left MC10 checked.  I finished the download, but G-Force is no where to be found on my MC10.

I followed Bebops instructions about picking a song and then opening 'player' and selecting G-Force, but when I did it told me it wasn't available.

The mystery continues.  Thanks for all the help.

azdood (aka David)  

bebop

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 03:59:57 pm »

David, was it in your download folder?     Try installing it from there - you should get an install window but you have to have all media players closed before trying to install it or it doesn't work (yup, did that myself at first  ;)   ).  Good luck   Bet

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 05:31:46 pm »

I downloaded it to my desktop.  I checked, it wasn't in my download file.  I think I'll start over and just open it when the time comes.  Thanks.

modelmaker

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 05:36:22 pm »

I haven't been able to get either G-Force or White Cap to work in MC 9.0.180. They work externaly just fine and with WMP & Winamp. I've posted on the G-Force site.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

bebop

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 06:47:04 pm »

David, i just re tried it on my machine...and it worked fine.  So here's what I did...went to http://soundspectrum.com/g-force/

clicked Downloads (on left side of screen), choose Windows,  2.68 (under the windows logo), downloaded to my downloads folder.  When download completed, went opened the folder and there was the install package icon for G Force 2.6.8.   Made sure all my media players were closed and just to be extra careful, made sure all my firewalls, virus scanners etc were temporarily disables (sometimes they cause me some problems), installed the package, opened MC, started playing a track, went to  player,  display optins. plugin and choose G-force.  Then went to playing now and it was up and running (there was a bit of a lag before it started, but that's because I have such a large library and have all my cover art inside the files).  Hope you get it to work.   Bet

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 07:39:09 pm »

Thanks Bet.  I followed your directions exactly and it still doesn't work.  I played a song, went to 'player,' clicked on 'G-Force' in the visualations options and got this message: Cannot create visualization plug in 'G-Force.'  I must have some block in my MC that I'm unaware of, but then again, I had no problem downloading all the encoder plug ins.  

Thanks.  I'll keep investigating.....

David

jleerigby

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 02:41:23 am »

In response to our feedback Andy has made subtle changes to the wording on the G-force download page so it is clearer.

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 01:26:51 pm »

Thanks JLee.  He might have changed the wording, but the problem didn't go away.  I still go around in circles trying to download it that way and going directly from my download files doesn't work either.  Appreciate your help though.... azdood (aka David)

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 02:40:59 pm »

Yes, that's the page I see marko.  When I pick MC as my download destination I'm taken to the Plug-Ins page of MC.  There I find the ad for G-Force and click on that.  Then I'm taken back to the page you sent me.  Round and round I go.  

I'm upgrading to XP from ME (do I hear applause?) next week and I'm hoping that will solve this little mystery.  

Thanks for the input.....

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 03:10:04 pm »

Well, I just tried it again doing what you suggested but no success yet.  Maybe it's the way I save it?  When it asked where I wanted to save it I chose:
JRiver
Media Center
Plug-Ins
I then looked to see if it downloaded.  In display options I chose G-Force and got the message: Unable to create G-Force visualizations.  

Bummer.

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 03:54:16 pm »

OK.  Thanks.  I'll try that later and let you know....

azdood

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 12:56:08 am »

Well, I tried it the way you suggested marko, even though I had tried that before, and still no luck.  So I dug the hole deeper.  I purchased the Gold version of G-Force.  And that didn't download either!!!

I sent an email to G-Force and asked them to guide me through the download.  I've tried everything else.  Time to ask the experts.

Thanks for all your excellent suggestions marko.  They should have worked, but.....

azdood (aka David)
Pages: [1]   Go Up