INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.49 Alpha Available  (Read 4765 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.49 Alpha Available
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:20:30 pm »

We're just starting work on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your settings.  Some plugins still do not work.

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
[This build was pulled because it fails when no other MC11 is installed AND deskbar is in use.]

11.0.49 (8/4/04)

1. Changed: Several side-by-side install with Media Center 10 enhancements. (let us know if you have any issues)

11.0.48 (8/4/04)

1. Fixed: Mp3 encoder "trial period over" error would appear for every track on a CD being ripped. Now it's just shown once and CD is not ejected.
2. Fixed: Cancelling a rip process is now much faster.
3. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could detect other programs or 3rd party plugins as previous installations.
4. Changed: JRImage and JRReader moved to installation directory. (some plugins may not work until they're updated for this change -- please report any problems you encounter)
5. Changed: Media Center 11 better handles side-by-side installs with Media Center 10. (requires MC 10.0.156 or newer -- let us know if you have any issues)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re:Media Center 11.0.48 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 04:16:21 pm »

Still getting the following error:

Media Center Failed to install a necessary file
Source:C:\program files\JRiver\Media Center 11\Setup\JROptionsHelper.dll
Destination C:\winnt\system32\JROptionsHelper.dll

If I click ok all runs fine.

This is still there on my xp machine, But the message now says:
Destination C:\windows\system32\JROptionsHelper.dll

The coverart bug with the install is gone...

Feature Requests

**Be able to have the EQ always visible in MegaMe
**Be able to change the tool tip fonts and background color... Would love to be able to use the ThunderStorm windowblinds skin again.
**Any way for you guys to be able to let us specify different Import locations for each library
-

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 04:38:37 pm »

- When starting MC in "Playing Now", it always shows the list from the beginning and not the song that's ready to play. Only when navigating to media library and back to playing now, it will go to the currently selected song. But that song is out of sight, I have to navigate a little bit up to see it.

- The animated images gives a "error starting directx engine"

Media Center Registered 11.0.48 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2604 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 162 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1514 (xpsp2.040109-1800) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: SONY    DVD-ROM DDU1612   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 04:39:37 pm »

bennyd,
Try updating Direct X.  IE/Tools/Windows Update should do it.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 11.0.49 Alpha Available
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 05:33:59 pm »

Getting the same direct x message.  Tried windows update. nothing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 05:38:34 pm »

You'll need a pretty good video card to do windowed 3D.

Any ATI Radeon with at least 32 MB on it should work.  We're not sure about other cards.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 05:50:22 pm »

Any ATI Radeon with at least 32 MB on it should work.  We're not sure about other cards.

So this is a change from 2 days ago?

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 06:04:09 pm »

Since build 11.0.47 I also get an "error starting directx engine (error creating Direct 3D Device)" when trying to use the animated file view with Alt+3.
It worked fine with earlier builds.
I updated yesterday to directx 9.0.c.

A day without laughing is a day without living

Omni

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 06:41:15 pm »

Okay, first, I now not only have both 10.0.157 and 11.0.49 installed, but I also have them both up and running!  (Don't ask me why; I just like living life on the edge I guess.)  Everything seems to working fine, even MC11's cycling visualizations (in reference to the DirectX problem above).  You guys rock!

Minor Bug:  That "first run" License Expiration notice was hidden behind all my other windows, so it took me a few moments to figure out why MC wasn't launching.  (This was with the installer initiating the launch, not me.)

Comment/Question:  Like I said above, I have them both up in front me, and they look absolutely identical.  (Same interface, same views, same Action Windows, same everything.)  Speaking as an alpha tester (rah!), I guess the only major difference (for us to test) at this point is the database engine, right?

(I just don't want to waste my time testing out an interface that is already tried and true. :)  Instead, I'll just focus on DB manipulation.  I have thousands upon thousands of images I have yet to use MC to manage. :P)

Omni

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 06:47:34 pm »

In regard to the above "ome plugins still do not work" warning, are we still limited to interface plugins only, or can I be bold and try to install my DFX plugin?

(No big deal if I can't since I don't really use it that much anymore, but I just thought I'd ask.)[/size]

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 06:57:09 pm »

Since build 11.0.47 I also get an "error starting directx engine (error creating Direct 3D Device)" when trying to use the animated file view with Alt+3.
It worked fine with earlier builds.
I updated yesterday to directx 9.0.c.

Ditto...  

Omni

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 07:00:58 pm »

Bug:  When I brought MC back into focus, I saw the following dialog box sitting in the middle:  "An invalid argument was encountered."

You guys will be gods in my mind if you can track that down, but I thought I would report it anyway. :)  It seems to have caused no major problems in that MC is still playing my current album.

Notes:  I closed MC10 about 5-7 minutes ago (recall that I was runing MC10 and MC11 concurrently).  I was just playing back the album I just ripped (with MC 10.0.157), and I had turned off the visualizations just after I closed MC10.  (It's now just showing the Album cover.)  It is possible the error message had been there for a while but just didn't bring MC into focus.  (When MC11 was brought to the front, the dialog box was already sitting there.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 07:15:58 pm »

No.

LonWar

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2004, 07:45:12 pm »

I as well get the Error in DX...

I have a Radeon 9700pro 128mb Vid Card....

If the Playlist or view contains no songs, (Files) then you get the error... If you have something in the list it populates.

Also when switching large lists the Thunderstorm skin seems a little jumpy...

-

Omni

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2004, 07:54:58 pm »

(Don't worry... I'm fixing to get busy with installing the latest DirectX SDK, so this should be my last annoying post for the night. :P)

Bug #1:  Using the option "Output Range: Selection" when exporting a playlist doesn't work.   (Some of the unselected tracks get exported, though.  I can see no pattern to explain why they got exported and the actual selected tracks did not.)

(Smartlist Rule) Bug #2:  When using the Auto-Smartlist "Task -- incomplete albums," I am having an album show up as incomplete when it's not.  (I just checked, and this is true in MC10, too.)

The only odd thing about this album is that I converted one of the APE tracks to a wave file, so there's a duplicate track (sort of) with only a couple of (primary) libraries fields differing.  (I manually updated the library tags for the wave version.)

I converted and imported this track many, many months ago (some time last year), so tonight I tried to duplicate this "incomplete album" phenomenon, but I couldn't. :(

If you care to look into this, you can find the exported playlist (with all fields) here.  (Track #8 is the duplicate track.)

Omni

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 07:57:16 pm »

I'm using DirectX 9.0b, and all works fine.  (Radeon 9800XT)  I'll report back later if it's 9.0c that's the problem.  (That seems to be the common theme judging from the others reporting this.)

LonWar

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 08:28:55 pm »

I'm using DirectX 9.0b, and all works fine.  (Radeon 9800XT)  I'll report back later if it's 9.0c that's the problem.  (That seems to be the common theme judging from the others reporting this.)

I only get the error if the playlist is empty...
-

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 08:31:24 pm »

No.

I use a laptop with a wimpy little 16 mb vid card, but the thumbnail stuff worked 2 days ago.

Omni

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 09:11:52 pm »

Well, maybe my card/card drivers are special, but on the surface, both the retail and debug versions of DirectX 9.0c work fine, and I am seeing my cover art all 3D-ish and spining. :)

Because I am a curious sort, I went ahead and attached my debugger to MC (with the Debug version of DirectX), and I got the following error message:

Code: [Select]
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :DepthStencil Format is not supported for this Adapter/DevType/AdapterFormat. This error can happen if the application has not successfully called CheckDeviceFormats on the specified Format prior to calling CheckDepthStencilMatch. The application is advised to call CheckDeviceFormats on this format first, because a success return from CheckDepthStencilMatch does not guarantee that the format is valid as a DepthStencil buffer for all possible cases i.e. D3DRTYPE_TEXTURE or D3DRTYPE_SURFACE or D3DRTYPE_CUBETEXTURE.
 *shrug*  Again, MC seems to recover (at least for my system) because the 3D visuals do show up.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2004, 09:25:05 pm »

No.

Then it would seem there's a bug about...

Omni

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2004, 10:15:10 pm »

I need to amend my previous report slightly about DirectX 9.0c.

The debug versions of DirectX actually does seem to make MC crash. :(  I was being fooled because Visual Studio was catching the unhandled exception and I was just telling it to continue.  Without VS, it will go unhandled and subsequently crash.

The very odd thing is that the retail version of DirectX 9.0c (the version you guys are using presumably) does not seem to make MC crash.

You guys should run dxdiag.exe and make sure, even though astronomically doubtful, that you don't somehow have the debug DLL's installed.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2004, 11:17:37 pm »

"error starting directx engine (error creating Direct 3D Device)"

I get this too... both when I had DirectX 9.0b and also now that I have 9.0c installed (updated about 10 minutes ago).

However, the message is only displayed when I click Media Library or one of its subheadings in the tree. Once I've selected the media library or one of the media modes AND I click on something in the panes, the animated stuff shows up fine.

I don't know if the other people reporting the error have tried clicking an artist or song in the panes... but it fixed it for me.

NOTE: Clicking on something in the tree at any time will give me the error again.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2004, 11:33:17 pm »

I've had a number of problems with this release.

1.  during install (auto-install), the installer freezes at the screen where it offers to place an icon on the desktop and quicklaunch bar.  I tried it twice and it froze both times.
2.  It forced me to reboot the second time, but not the first
3.  I got the message:
Media Center Install Wizard failed to install a necessary file
.......JROptionsHelper.dll
4.  After install was complete I received the server busy message:
This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy...
<switch to> <retry> <cancel>
5.  After I rebooted I tried to install again and got the same messages.
6.  Now, every single time I run MC, I get this message:
This version of MEdia Center must be activated by running it once with at least Power User priveleges.  After this activation, Media Center can be run with only guest priveleges.  (Unactivated component: C:\......\mcmimeman.exe)

Edit:  I am running with Admin rights.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2004, 12:59:34 am »

I get this too... both when I had DirectX 9.0b and also now that I have 9.0c installed (updated about 10 minutes ago).

However, the message is only displayed when I click Media Library or one of its subheadings in the tree. Once I've selected the media library or one of the media modes AND I click on something in the panes, the animated stuff shows up fine.

I don't know if the other people reporting the error have tried clicking an artist or song in the panes... but it fixed it for me.

NOTE: Clicking on something in the tree at any time will give me the error again.

Yep, here too, clicking on the panes, it shows up, clicking in the tree, error message
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2004, 02:38:43 am »

Yep, here too, clicking on the panes, it shows up, clicking in the tree, error message

The same here!!!
A day without laughing is a day without living

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2004, 05:01:11 am »

I set up 3 zones

I selected synchronize current zone to other zones. that works ok...

Is there a way to make the synchronization 'stick' ?

i.e. if I click 'next track'/pause/etc. they are no longer synced.

Marcel

Pages: [1]   Go Up