INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't download/doesn't work  (Read 1775 times)

xpt2004

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Can't download/doesn't work
« on: November 07, 2002, 11:27:53 am »

I dont know what i wrong with version 3.0.388 because whenever i try to download plugins it says failed to connect to server and I dont know why. I tried downloading the beta version of version 9 and the plug ins downloaded perfectly. But when i tried to use the version 8 plugs with version 9 it says it couldn't work because of the differences with the versions. I want the plug ins to work but if i try to use version 8 plug ins with version 9 it wont work and if I try to download version 8 plugins they wont download. Is there someone out there that can give me the .dll file plugins for version 8.0.388 or beta version 9. Please I am begging you all to help me with this problem. I already tried to copy the dlls downloaded from version 9 but I dont know exactly which files are the plug ins and I dont want to override certain files and mess it up even worse. So if anyone can help with the answer to this please help or even send me the plugins to my email address at xpt2004@yahoo.com

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Can't download/doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 12:10:33 pm »

You'll have to stick to one or the other (v8 OR v9), and obviously you can't use plug-in's from one version in the other.

Are you a registered user? If so then Backup License...Uninstall MJ(s)...Update everything (OS, IE, ASPI, etc.)...Reinstall MJ...Restore License

Post your sys info from Help>System Info

Xenno

xpt2004

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 12:29:31 pm »

Thanks for your suggestion but I doubt that it will work. I tried something like that before anyways and it failed. I just want to be able to use all the plugins for both versions without having to install and reinstall again just becuase of plugins. And I noticed that it wont burn my CDs when I put in a blank. It just starts up like it's gonna do it and then goes back to the burning window with all the files. By the way does Media Jukebox help you to download files like on Kazaa or WinMX? I thought MusicMatch was the best jukebox out  there but I was wrong. Media Jukebox is way better and has more features but the sad thing is that the plugins dont come bundled with it. You have to download them. They could have at least included the important ones. Can Media Jukebox record videos if used with my tv tuner card? I would also like to burn enhanced Cds or at least CDs with data files as well as the regular audio CDs in one. Is that possible with this software? And please if anyone has plugins for media jukebox version 9 please send them to me so i can use them with beta version 9.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 12:30:46 pm »

Keep in mind, that if you installed MJ v9, it may have replaced some files that v8 used.  If you then go to use v8, it won't be able to use the v9 files.  Soooo....  As stated before, back up your libraries, and your license.  Remove (uninstal) both versions of MJ from your system, then re-instal v8 only.  Try to DL the plug-ins without having v9 installed.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

xpt2004

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 12:38:48 pm »

Apparently you didnt understand me when I said I tried that already! And it didnt work. I did however save some of the dll files that I downloaded using version 9 and i copied them to a folder but I only used the mp3encoding dll because I didnt recognize the rest of files and I didnt want to mess up anything so I left the rest alone and did not copy it over to version 8 when I installed it. What I need now is all the plugins for version 8 and version 9. That's what I want. Simple as that. So if you have the plugins can you please email them to me. I will use them with version 8 until version 9 plugins are available. I don't know what is wrong with these companies. They should have these stuff readily available on their sites (the plugins that is) if they want smooth transitions to new versions of their software. Beta or not!

xpt2004

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2002, 02:13:59 pm »

Again I beseech anyone out there with the plugins for Media Jukebox 8 to please send them to me through my email at xpt2004@yahoo.com It is very important. I would preferably love the plugins for mp3 ecoding andthe other encoding files, but i still want all the plugins for all the different aspects of Media Jukebox 8.0.388 It will help to eliminate many of the problems I have with some of my software. But if you cant supply me with the plugins for version 8.0.388 send the plugins for version 9 beta. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2002, 02:57:15 pm »

You might try a search here.  

If you are not using IE, then the problem you're having is probably an overly agressive security setting.  Firewall, proxy, IE settings, etc.

You can get around the problem by right clicking on the link and saving the file to your desktop or another location.  Then edit the file (.mjp) with notepad to change the location you want to install from.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 07:54:09 pm »

Sending you the plug-in's won't do you any good because MJ will not be aware of them. They have to be installed which modifies the registry. That's how MJ knows of their existance.

Xenno

xpt2004

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2002, 03:44:44 am »

You are so wrong, I will work because I did the same thing with the mp3 encoder plugins and it worked. I downloaded the version 8 plugins, copied them to a certain folder and then uninstalled version 9 and reinstalled version 8 and copied the mp3 encoder plugins to the plugins folder in version 8 and tried it and it worked. It did work! And if I try the same thing with the other plugins it should work! So I am asking again if you or anyone could send me the plugins I would be thankful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up