INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.77 Alpha Available  (Read 3682 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.77 Alpha Available
« on: September 07, 2004, 05:06:35 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your settings.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110077.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.77 (9/7/04)

1. Fixed: MC would not update the database info / thumbnail after using the image editor.
2. Fixed: MC would show a copy icon during drag-n-drop when dropping was disabled.
3. Changed: MC allows copies of files to be made by dragging them to the same folder in My Computer with control pressed.
4. NEW: Playlists / Playing Now support move and copy drag-n-drop. (hold control key to switch to copy mode during a drag)
5. Fixed: The mjextman.exe program would crash upon exiting in some cases, such as after registering an MC license.
6. Changed: No file messages in list controls wrap to multiple lines when necessary.
7. Changed: Double-click on the search control selects the entire search string.
8. Fixed: Filenames with semi-colons in them would not work properly in some areas.
9. Fixed: Theater View "Reshuffle" would not update the file list until returning to Playing Now view.
10. Changed: Import dialog allows filenames to be manually typed in when using "Browse..." or "Exclude Folder...".
11. Fixed: WAV playing, importing, and converting could possibly fail in some cases.
12. Fixed: Right-click (and possibly other actions) on a non-selected item in the tree could change the selection.
13. Fixed: CUE parser would not handle values that weren't inside quotation marks.
14. Fixed: CUE parser would not import the last file in some cases.
15. Changed: Audio files with no year will not use the file's date for the year. (doesn't change image, video, and data)\
16. Changed: Selecting "Show in Theater View" for a view scheme will cause the parent view schemes to automatically show up.

11.0.76 (9/3/04)

1. Fixed: The CD burning "direct decoding" option checkboxes on the main burning options dialog and the DSP settings dialog were not synchronized.
2. Fixed: Sample-accurate MP3 analyzer could fail to import / play some MP3s.
3. Changed: MC could be slower than expected when making many sequential filename changes.
4. Changed: Clicking a star rating with multiple files selected changes the rating for all the selected files.
5. Changed: Using an empty field in a path for "Rename Files From Properties" is now replaced by Unknown Artist, Unknown Album, etc.
6. Changed: Added "Configure Theater View..." back to the right-click menu.
7. Changed: Installer removes old "Media Jukebox.exe" file since it's now named "Media Center.exe".
8. Fixed: mjextman.exe was not functioning properly.
9. Changed: Pane header auto-size no longer figures the width of the header text. (made grouping columns too wide)
10. Fixed: Adding / editing Theater View root items would fail.
11. NEW: The order of Theater View root buttons can be user configured.
12. Fixed: Theater View "Keep focus" would not always work.
13. Fixed: Popup dialogs started from Theater View would not be visible.
14. Changed: Added Display Options (DVD chapter, etc.) to "Controls" Theater View menu.
15. Changed: Theater View no longer auto-hides or shows a "Starting playback..." message when starting playback from Playing Now section.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 11.0.77 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 05:44:42 pm »

Matt,

The problem with starting files from Windows Explorer (mjextman.exe) is now gone. Big thanks!  :)

The X-10 MP3 remote plug-in still refuses to install...  ? Any idea why?

Michel.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 05:54:02 pm »

When I try to edit a smartlist using the wizard selection on the rigth click menu, the box that appears is for the wrong criteria.

Example:
I right click on Not Artist and select edit using wizard
The box that appears is for Not Album which is the item to the right or left in the string.

This started happening after I clicked around in the string a bit.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 05:57:47 pm »

Clicking on a list of playlists makes the app behind MC appear for a second.

in my case it is firefox with interact, shows 3 lines of text right around where the mouse is, it is not the entire screen.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 06:03:34 pm »

Is it just me, or has the mjextman.exe fix really speeded up the time it takes to load a file from Windows Explorer? Seems to really zoom now!

Michel.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 06:12:45 pm »

Oups, just had something happen...

While tagging, I got a an error message saying:

"Unicode Failure"

"The Microsoft Layer for Unicode failed to initialize. Please re-install"

Once I clicked OK, focus went back to MC. MC seems OK, but then again, I'm not typing anything with International Unicode characters...

Michel.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 06:23:21 pm »

Hi;
Any chance of getting these very old problems resolved ?

MC will not load to Last Exit View about 2/3's of the time...
Although I have Remember Media Mode & Last Exit View turned on, MC will about 2/3's of the time, not load in the last view I used.
* It seems to be totally random.  Sometimes it comes up right but most of the time it does not.

* Usually, MC will load in a reduced size in the top half of the screen.  I always maximize MC but it most often refuses to load that way the next time.

* I do not have Full Screen View selected as the Last Exit View should work correctly, but it does not.

TV Boot up to wrong channel sound...
Each time I boot Win XP, MC will load the TV (as I want) but it will always have the sound from channel 2 no matter which channel the image is actually on.

* If I delete VideoSVideo under the sort button, then re-load the TV, it will then come up with the correct sound for the current channel and will continue to load the correct channel sound for the current Windows session.

* The channel 2 sound problem happens after EVERY Windows XP boot.

* Have been having this problem for the last 25 or so builds.

* The ATI TV tuner does not have this problem; it seems to be unique to MC TV.  The ATI TV tuner always boots up to the last channel viewed; MC TV does not (always channel 2 sound for the first loading after booting the computer).

Error after Install..
* Am still getting the Failed to load JRImage.dll that a lot of users have reported on right after installing MC11.  It still shows even after a Win XP restart as required by some installs of MC; it finally goes away after the second Win XP boot up.

The loading to wrong window size in combination with the TV channel 2 sound problem is driving me nuts; this is a VERY old problem :P

If you add no more new features but fix these I will be happy. ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 06:36:16 pm »

If you add no more new features but fix these I will be happy. ;D
Easy to say.  Print this out, sign it, get it notarized and mail it to us certified.  We'll think about it then.    ;)

DocLotus

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 06:46:21 pm »

;D Very Funny  ;D ;D
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 07:13:28 pm »

TV Window Problem...
I always use the TV in a windowed mode but have been having a major problem with they way the TV window has been behaving for the last few builds...

* Load MC with TV playing.

* Select the Windowed View icon to make the TV into a window.

* Double click on the TV window to maximize it to full screen.

* Double click on the maximized TV image and it will return to being attached to MC... not what it has always done before.

* It should say a window and not reattach itself back to MC as I originally selected the Windowed View icon.

LonWar

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 08:39:16 pm »

Good Evening...

Requests:

**Can you please add    .csv to the supported list. It opens with MS Excell.
**Be able to have the EQ always visible in MegaMe
**Be able to change the tool tip fonts and background color... Would love to be able to use the ThunderStorm windowblinds skin again.
**Any way for you guys to be able to let us specify different Import locations for each library
**Can we be able to view www.last.fm from within MC. This is for the AudioScrobbler Plugin.
** Last Played.. 88:45 ago.. Can this be changed to days after 23:59? ie  1 Day 10:10 instead of 34:10
-

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 08:41:31 pm »

**Can you please add    .csv to the supported list. It opens with MS Excell.

You're talking about the document management association?  Perhaps a better request would be to allow user customizations for *any* file extension.

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 08:49:49 pm »

**Any way for you guys to be able to let us specify different Import locations for each library

I second this - big time!  :)

Michel

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 02:39:39 am »

Not sure if anybody has seen this yet.

I just purchased Media Center 11 and after installing license, I tried to play some songs (APE format). At the end of the song, Media Center just closed. No error message or anything. It just closed. I assume that it crashed but I have nothing to check with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 11.0.77 -- E:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 314 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: HP       DVD Writer 400c    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:5  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Don't Panic!

IanG

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 02:48:06 am »

You're talking about the document management association?  Perhaps a better request would be to allow user customizations for *any* file extension.

I've asked for this a couple of times - maybe it's being saved for the doc management version?

Ian G.

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 03:07:37 am »

8. Fixed: Filenames with semi-colons in them would not work properly in some areas

The "no dup" function still doesn't work with semi-colons data fields - ie keywords.

Please, please please...... can we have this.    :-\

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 03:26:57 am »

Thanks for the fixes

Outstanding CUE issues to be resolved :

1. When tracks are converted, tags are not included and there is no system for filenames.

It is possible to convert a CUE track to a single-track file, but there is no system for filenames and no tags are included. MC uses the album file name (+ a sequence number if needed).

A possible solution :

MC has access to the trackname, track artist, album & track # from the cue already. It might be ok, to tag the file as such.

I think of extracting a track from a cue as similar to ripping a track from a CD. MC could use the same naming convention for extracted tracks as chosen when ripping CDs.

2. No duration information (in the library) / CD Burning

I'm looking forward to CUE imported files showing their durations.  It would also be nice if, during the import, MC checked the MP3's tags for fields that it can't get out of the CUE file (e.g., genre).

CD burning
The duration of the Audio CD burning list stays at zero, because files don't have that information (missing duration information is mentioned earlier in this thread). Data CD burning is also useless because the resulting files don't have tags or useful names.

3. Media Server

Does not work with CUE based tracks. The client sees track entries, but the server cannot send the audio data. (APL tracks work, though APE files are too big and the client is buffering all the time.)

4. If sample rate is set to 48 kHz (or more) in DSP studio 44.1 kHz files end too early.

If usual 44.1 kHz files are played with 48 kHz output mode tracks end too early. A 5-minute track stops at about 4 minutes and 45 seconds and MC starts the next track.

I use the 48 kHz output mode in my laptop, because it resamples anyway to 48 kHz and the integrated circuit is not so high quality.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 03:39:06 am »

The MC 10 Files of the Visualization-Studio don't work any more in MC 11

Uwe

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 06:51:45 am »

16. Changed: Selecting "Show in Theater View" for a view scheme will cause the parent view schemes to automatically show up.

[Edited ... I did not read carefully enough]

I would like to be able NOT to show up parent view scheme.
It seems impossible. Am I right?
I don't want to see the audio root view scheme.
("Show In teather View" not checked but it still shows up)

David.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2004, 07:04:45 am »

The MC 10 Files of the Visualization-Studio don't work any more in MC 11

Uwe

As reported for previous versions, Visualizations  don't work for me too (on the 2 computers I have). MC frezes.

David.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 09:36:08 am »

Media server seems to be choking on very short files.

On short files, the client stays in a perpetual "buffering" state. Clicking on a longer track allows it to pick up again. It seems that this happens when the server finishes streaming the file (hits 100%) before the client has finished buffering and starts to play it. Because of bandwidth, I've got buffering cranked way up.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2004, 10:17:35 am »

1. Auto sized panes gived grouped fields way too much space. counter to logic, they get more space than non grouped panes.

2. setvolume doesnt work in media scheduler. unless the follwing command is incorrect: "Command VolumeSet [35] "

3. .asf files (which are video files on my machine) are showing up in the audio file schemes.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2004, 10:28:16 am »

Media server seems to be choking on very short files.

On short files, the client stays in a perpetual "buffering" state. Clicking on a longer track allows it to pick up again. It seems that this happens when the server finishes streaming the file (hits 100%) before the client has finished buffering and starts to play it. Because of bandwidth, I've got buffering cranked way up.

How short is short? Ballpark is close enough.

j

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2004, 10:50:19 am »

As long as 9 seconds, but consistently on 6 seconds. It's a fluke that I hit this today.

If you need, send me an email and I'll point you at my server. jpw @ ever-america.com.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2004, 12:31:16 pm »

As long as 9 seconds, but consistently on 6 seconds. It's a fluke that I hit this today.

If you need, send me an email and I'll point you at my server. jpw @ ever-america.com.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it here. It'll be fixed soon.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up