INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing video or images while browsing  (Read 1017 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Viewing video or images while browsing
« on: September 22, 2004, 11:29:15 am »

From the build .86 thread:

Me
---------------------------
I'm using build .84 and I'm unable to view any video in the window and browse the library at the same time. viewing in the window causes mc to minimize and clicking on it in the task bar only brings up the window playing the video.
--------------------------------------------

Matt
-------------------------
If you set MC to use windowed mode, it'll minimize the main app by default when switching.

Either of these work:

Set MC not to use Windowed mode, but instead use Full Screen

Hold 'Shift' while starting playback to disable MC from minimizing when going to windowed mode
-------------------------------

I think that pressing shift when pressing play is a bit of an obscure way to achieve this.  How would anybody know to do this? And without some obvious way to do it, rating images, tagging etc while being able to see them enlarged in the window would be impossible.

On the plus side, I do like the way that hitting stop when viewing images or video brings you back to the library instead of playing now. That feels really intuitive.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re:Viewing video or images while browsing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 01:26:58 pm »

Hey, that's pretty useful...  I never knew the shift key worked like that.  But how do you get your images to preview without "playing" them?  I seem to have to play the image in order to preview it.

Thanks for the tip!  It sure beats viewing the image in the Action Window.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 01:48:33 pm »

Hit enter in recent versions to see the image.  Hit enter to return.  Escape also returns.

Slide show mode is turned on and off with the space bar.

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 04:07:12 pm »

OK, so there is no way to have the windowed display track what I'm selecting in the library - rather I need to start a slideshow, which I can pause by using the spacebar.  It would have been nice if I could have the window dynamically display what's selected in the library, without having to keep going back to the library to add another image to the slideshow.

I use the Action Window's File Properties -> Image to preview the image larger than the thumbnail, but I was thinking how nice it would be if the windowed display would do the same thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up