INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with 11.0.105?  (Read 1670 times)

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Problem with 11.0.105?
« on: October 18, 2004, 05:03:21 pm »

It appears that your device presents itself to your PC as a fixed drive rather than a removable drive. If this is the case, we also have a solution. For MC to recognize your device as a Portable (with all the Portable device features such as rearrange folders, etc.) if it is a fixed drive type device, go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure and then enter the volume label for your device.  Also enter a playlist directory if your player has a specific directory in which playlists must reside. After you do this, MC should recognize the device.

A few days ago this worked perfectly - now I can only get MC to see the handheld as a drive. Any ideas, please?

Ian G.

SteveG

Re:Problem with 11.0.105?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 10:30:42 am »

Ian,

Please double check your volume label in Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure. This appears to be working here.

Steve

IanG

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 11:05:41 am »

Ian,

Please double check your volume label in Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives->Configure. This appears to be working here.

Steve

Steve

That was the first thing I tried.  I'll try starting from scratch when I get home i.e. renaming the device and going through MC's options.  One thing I noticed was that Win Explorer was reporting the device name in all uppercase, though I'm quite sure it was in mixed case originaly.  Changing it to all uppercase in MC didn't have any effect.

Ian G.

IanG

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 12:19:40 pm »

I've just tried a different PC, running 11.0.99 and it worked as expected.  Upgraded to 11.0.103 and it fails.

Ian G.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 09:28:03 am »

Ian,

This all is about to change in the next build or so. If you can, please wait a day or two and there will be a new way to access your player. FYI, the whole volume label detection is about to go away and instead, you will specify a path or drive and that is what you will sync to.

Steve

IanG

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:09:18 pm »

Steve

OK, thanks for that!  As an fyi, I tried using a n/w drive as a remote under 11.0.103 and had the same problem.  I then tried expanding the folder tree of the n/w drive and the right hand pane went transparent i.e. I could see my desk top through it.  Several reboots and a reinstall later and it's still the same!  I'll uninstall and start again, but there's something nasty in there!

Ian G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up