INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing Smartlists in MC11  (Read 948 times)

wizbang

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Editing Smartlists in MC11
« on: November 04, 2004, 04:49:44 pm »

Is it me, or is the process of editing smartlists in MC11 very counter intuitive and "buggy"...

Here are some examples of what I mean:

Create a smartlist with many rules so that you cannot display the whole smartlist across the screen.

How do you easily get the smartlist to scroll horizontally to display the rules that are off the screen?

Why is it that if I right-click on a rule I get "Edit (by typing)", but if I left click on the rule I get a choice of "Edit (by typing)" or "Edit (by wizard)"?

If I have a "Limit" rule and I want to edit it later I only ever get the option to "Edit (by typing)" and when I select this I get the words "~limit=-..." appear highlighted and I do not seem to be able to show the rest of the text of the rule so that I can edit it. What do I need to do to see the full rule text?

Wouldn't it be better to allow the user to just double-click the rule that they want to edit and then a "wizard" open up to allow editing?

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Re:Editing Smartlists in MC11
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 04:59:35 pm »

I agree 100% with all your points.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 12:33:31 pm »

Why is it that if I right-click on a rule I get "Edit (by typing)", but if I left click on the rule I get a choice of "Edit (by typing)" or "Edit (by wizard)"?

If I have a "Limit" rule and I want to edit it later I only ever get the option to "Edit (by typing)" and when I select this I get the words "~limit=-..." appear highlighted and I do not seem to be able to show the rest of the text of the rule so that I can edit it. What do I need to do to see the full rule text?

Wouldn't it be better to allow the user to just double-click the rule that they want to edit and then a "wizard" open up to allow editing?

I can't reproduce.  Left and right-click should show the same menu.

Could you paste your exact search string, and where you're clicking?  Also, paste your system info here.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 01:55:02 pm »

BTW, the limit text being shortened will be fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wizbang

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 03:47:37 pm »

Hi Matt,

Here is my smartlist:

~t=250 ~sort=[Random] [Media Type]=[Audio] ~limit=-1,2,[album] ~limit=-1,4,[artist] -[My iPod]=[Exclude] [Artist]=[Alex Parks],[Amy Studt],[Anastacia],[Ashlee Simpson],[Avril Lavigne],[Beyoncé],[Britney Spears],[Chantal Kreviazuk],[Chantal Kreviazuk - Before You],[Fefe Dobson],[Fiona Apple],[Geri Halliwell],[Hilary Duff],[Holly Valance],[Jamelia],[Jennifer Love Hewitt],[Kaci],[Kate Bush],[Kelly Clarkson],[Kylie Minogue],[Madonna],[Martine McCutcheon],[Michelle],[Natasha Beddingfield],[Nelly Furtado],[Paula Cole],[Sinéad O'Connor],[Sinéad Quinn],[Stacie Orrico],[Vanessa Carlton] [Rating]=>=1

I'm not sure what I was doing last time, but I can't reproduce the left/right click issue now! I think it was a mistake as the "artist" rule and the "rating" rule are at the end of the line and depending where I position my mouse I either get one or the other. With the Artist rule only giving me the "edit (by typing)" selection...

Thanks for fixing the "limit" issue.

Do you have a tip for how I horizontally scroll my rules so that I can easily get to the ones at the end of the line when viewed on a monitor that won't show the full line?

Oh! Here's my SysInfo:

Media Center 11.0.117 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2417 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 209 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:44  MaxSpeed:44  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up