INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freeze of my whole system  (Read 605 times)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Freeze of my whole system
« on: November 04, 2004, 05:06:43 pm »

Hi guys,

I haven't been on the forum for a while for several reasons. One of the reasons is hardware driven. For the second time I lost all my music and videos because of diskcrashes. They probably became too hot.

I installed MC11. Formerly I usedMC10, I waited until there was a more stable version of MC11. That time it wasn't even an alpha version.

I can't say that I'm very impressed. I have a hard time reripping all my CD's. For unknown reasons MC11 causes my machine to freeze for periods of time between a few seconds up to 15 minutes.  >:(

A lot of errors that MC10 use to have or had are reintroduced. Maybe it's a good idea to ask a non MC user to rip 100 CD's and let him/her write down all curious things and errors. A lot of OK clicks can be omitted and the speed of handling CD's can be cranked up.

Marsies .....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Freeze of my whole system
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 05:18:32 pm »

Please read a few of the recent posts (last 30 days) on similar problems.  Try a search for the word "slow", for example.

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Re:Freeze of my whole system
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 05:26:14 pm »

Thanks,

I had a glance  but found nothing new compared to similar problems with MC10. To me it looks like a few things did not improve.

Will go through the last threads more thoroughly 2moro and I'll report exactly what I mean.

Marsies .....
Pages: [1]   Go Up