INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.140 Alpha Available  (Read 11985 times)

flipflop

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:Media Center 11.0.140 Alpha Available
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2004, 01:20:27 am »

This propably has been reported already, but importing cover art from clipboard (library view, audio view or playing now) seems to cause random crashes ('media center core has caused something and has to be shut down' message).

At least in builds 128 - 140...

UnknownID

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2004, 12:42:36 pm »

Greetings! This is my first time using a forum, so I hope I am doing everything correctly.

MC
I noticed a problem when I have a number of mp3 tracks in Playing Now with the last track being a streaming file (pls). When the current track moves from the mp3 to the pls file MC renames the last mp3 track to whatever the pls file is currently before it starts playing the stream.

Download Manager
I am sure you are not even thinking about the Download Manager now, but I have run into an error. Regardless of file type, whenever the DM finishes a download I get an error:
-----------
Application Error
The instruction at "0x0041dbda" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate. Click Cancel to debug.
-----------

Sorry if I am repeating something that has already been discussed... consider it a confermation that I am getting the same problem :)

Thanks for making the best media player ever!

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Media Center 11.0.140 Alpha Available
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2004, 06:06:26 pm »

MC is mis-interpreting a 700mb CD-R for a 650mb CD-R once again.
. . . the game is rigged

Fixer

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2004, 09:05:46 pm »

CD Burning Problem.

The CD burns at an EXTREMELY HIGH level, like +100db as shown in the burning options DSP screen.  Even turning DSP for burning off, it still burns so loud and distorted the discs are coasters (sure am glad they only cost a few cents now).

How can I fix this .....

NOTE:  discs burned by Nero are okay, so it's not my hardware.

Media Center Registered 11.0.140 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2998 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: CDWRITER IDE5224            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2004, 10:05:15 pm »

The search field is behaving extremely strange in this version when text is entered.   Immediately after a character is entered, the cursor jumps 2 spaces and the character(s) previously typed plus the empty space become highlighted.  The result is that the most recent character entered deletes the previously entered characters.  The only way around this behavior is to use the right arrow key to move forward one and back two spaces prior to entering a new character.  This is how the field looks after laboriously entering 4 characters.

I am noticing this exact same behavior.  If I don't type what I want to search for fast enough (pause for 1 second) then when I continue to type whatever I typed before is wiped out.

Problem Customizing current view.  I changed the columns showing when viewing playlists which I have under certain Playlist Group.  I actually changed the view in the parent (group these playlists are in) and then choose to save view for this location and sub-locations and say ok when MC asks me if I'm sure I want child views to look like this.  I assume it would change to show those columns for each playlist in that group but doesn't work that way.  Am I doing something wrong or is it not designed to do this?

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2004, 12:20:38 am »

Hello everybody, It's my first post...

First, I want to say that I was looking for a soft like Media Center for years!!
I found it two weeks ago, and, I am very glad to use it. I think i am going to buy it, and perhaps I will make one or two pluggins...

OK... About version 11.0.140 Alpha :

1) With 11.0.129, when I import musics with cover jpg in tag, Media Center make its thumbnails, and there is nothing to say. But with 11.0.133 and 11.0.140, all of the new imported files do not have thumbnails, and sometimes files are associated with wrong cover. If I re-import, it can work, but not every time. I think it's a bug with the new thread engine that create thumbnails. As I am importing a lot of files these days, I re-installed 11.0.129, and it work very well with it.

2) If I externally change the cover tag of a mp3 file, and do "update Library (from tags)", the new thumbnail isn't displayed.

3) Media center doesn't keep the 0x/0x format for the track#  tag. But it is not very important...

4) Media Center's Rating tag seems not to be the standart one: If I inspect files which rating tag have been mofified by MC, (with Tag&Rename, for example), I can't see the new rating...

I hope it will help for the next build...

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2004, 11:15:13 am »

The quouting mechanism and I are not on speaking terms, so I quote the oldfashioned way:

" Posted by: 10sne1      Posted on: Today at 05:05:15 AM
Insert Quote
Quote from: Shelly on December 04, 2004, 04:43:25 AM
The search field is behaving extremely strange in this version when text is entered.   Immediately after a character is entered, the cursor jumps 2 spaces and the character(s) previously typed plus the empty space become highlighted.  The result is that the most recent character entered deletes the previously entered characters.  The only way around this behavior is to use the right arrow key to move forward one and back two spaces prior to entering a new character.  This is how the field looks after laboriously entering 4 characters.

I am noticing this exact same behavior.  If I don't type what I want to search for fast enough (pause for 1 second) then when I continue to type whatever I typed before is wiped out. "

I didn't notice Shelly's observation when I posted Reply #49 where this is one of two issues.

I have experimented a little and found that I have this problems only under two conditions (both to be fulfilled): I have a split view (2 windows, haven' tried with three) and one of them has to be the "start" window, the other something else. Under other conditions, the searching works for me.

Has anybody (Shelly, 10sne1 or somebody else) seen this problem in any other situation?

As a user I can't of course do anything about it, but it could be interesting to know, and it could maybe save  a few minutes for the people who have to fix it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2004, 01:24:10 pm »

CD Burning Problem.

The CD burns at an EXTREMELY HIGH level, like +100db as shown in the burning options DSP screen.  Even turning DSP for burning off, it still burns so loud and distorted the discs are coasters (sure am glad they only cost a few cents now).

How can I fix this .....

What type of files?  Try converting them to WAV first and see if the WAVs are right.  If so, burn the WAVs and see if the burn is still wrong.  Start another thread if you have any more info.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2004, 01:25:14 pm »

I have experimented a little and found that I have this problems only under two conditions (both to be fulfilled): I have a split view (2 windows, haven' tried with three) and one of them has to be the "start" window, the other something else. Under other conditions, the searching works for me.

Thanks -- that was the key.  Look for a fix next build.

And to repeat: Has anybody (Shelly, 10sne1 or somebody else) seen this problem in any other situation?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2004, 02:41:18 pm »

And to repeat: Has anybody (Shelly, 10sne1 or somebody else) seen this problem in any other situation?

I don't have start window open.

My experience is this.  I am building playlist.  I have chosen BUILD PLAYLIST from action window.  Now I go back to all audio files on left and search.  This is where search is problem...type whole word fast or I end up loosing what I've typed.  I drag file to playlist window....which is ALSO a problem.  This window of my new playlist doesn't show correctly.  I can't drag it bigger.  The mp3 I've just dragged there has to be place in the larger grey border on top of this window...not into space where other song is listed.  Then only the one song is displayed...can't see whole list.  The only way I can accomplish this is to view playlist in left window. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2004, 02:51:56 pm »

10sne1,
Thanks.  We can reproduce it now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up