INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.140 Alpha Available  (Read 11986 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.140 Alpha Available
« on: December 01, 2004, 03:45:42 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110140.exe [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.140 (12/01/04)

1. Fixed: WMDM Progress will no longer show in Task Manager.
2. Fixed: Maximize / restore on W2K could cause Media Center to not resize web page views properly in some cases.
3. Changed: Gridlines extend to right of items in a list.
4. NEW: List control headers support skin specified heights. (Skin: List > Headerbar > Height)
5. NEW: List control header sort arrow count is skin customizable.  (Skin: List > Headerbar > SortArrows)
6. Fixed: Conversion didn't scroll to follow the currently processing file, so knowing overall progress was tricky.
7. Changed: Conversion columns were too wide, so list would show horizontal scrollbar when converting many files.
8. Fixed: Toolbar art for customized toolbars could be incorrect. (due to art system changes, custom toolbars will have to be rebuilt)
9. Changed: "Update Library (from tags)" no longer asks for confirmation to apply the updated information to the database after the update has finished.
10. Fixed: Library Browser sorting (specified in the drop-down next to the tabs) was not always working properly.
11. Changed: Skinning engine supports different art for enabled and disabled splitters.
12. Changed: Time elapsed fields like "Date Imported" or "Last Played" get displayed nicer in a smartlist, and can be edited with a wizard.
13. Changed: Skinning engine supports graphical list selection image. (Skin: List > Selection)

11.0.133 (11/23/04)

1. Fixed: m3u playlist creation for mass storage portable devices.
2. Fixed: Some right-click controls in the player bar weren't working properly.
3. Fixed: Warnings about over-capacity when burning CD/DVD could be incorrect for very large values.
4. Changed: Tree auto-expand / auto-collapse happens on a timer so expansion state won't toggle when double-clicking.
5. Fixed: Tree auto-expand / auto-collapse was not working when changing tree selections with keyboard shortcuts.
6. Changed: List gridlines extend to entire list, including non-item area.
7. Changed: Track number and disc number are linked so that sorting by track number automatically sorts by disc number first.
8. NEW: Thumbnail building now builds several thumbnails at once (multiple threads), which can be much faster in some cases.
9. Changed: Thumbnail builder no longer keeps threads running once thumbnails have finished being built. (more efficient)
10. Fixed: Media Center could be unstable on a computer with a CD drive installed that wasn't a burner. (introducted 129)
11. Changed: Options button position for TiVo Server and Library Server moved to the left.
12. Changed: Removed Media Server from installation.  Use new Library Server / TiVo Server from Media Center > Tree > Plugins.
13. Fixed: Double-click to add / remove buttons wasn't working the "Customize Toolbar" window.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Media Center 11.0.140 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 03:54:19 pm »

Bugs:

1.   Changes to the library information for a file that is entered/changed in Drive&Devices is not reflected in Viewschemes. Even after restarting MC, the correct information is in the library for file viewed in Drives&Devices, but not in Viewschemes. Running Import Media, then effectively undoes all of the changes made in Drives&Devices that weren't saved to tags, which in the case of MPEG video files means all of the changes!

2.   When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I have not done detailed testing to determine whether this problem crops up in other contexts.

3.   The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

4.   After importing video files using Tools-Import Media, MC locks up. Terminating and restarting MC shows that all the media were imported.

5.   When starting MC and there is no connection to the internet, instead of putting the page \Media Center\Data\Default InetPage\index.htm up within MC, an instance of Internet Explorer externall to MC displays that page and MC shows an “Action Cancelled” error page.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Multizone Playing Now Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 04:17:19 pm »

I have 2 zones each with a different Playing Now list.  If the first zone is active and I issue the play command for the second zone via mjextman, the Now Playing list for the second zone is replaced by that of the first zone.  I would expect it to just start playing the second zone without touching the Playing Now list.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Multizone Playing Now Problem
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 04:31:59 pm »

I have 2 zones each with a different Playing Now list.  If the first zone is active and I issue the play command for the second zone via mjextman, the Now Playing list for the second zone is replaced by that of the first zone.  I would expect it to just start playing the second zone without touching the Playing Now list.

Double-check your play button mode in options.  By default, "Play" means "Play visible files."

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 04:33:00 pm »

4.   After importing video files using Tools-Import Media, MC locks up. Terminating and restarting MC shows that all the media were imported.

6.  When starting MC and there is no connection to the internet, instead of putting the page \Media Center\Data\Default InetPage\index.htm up within MC, an instance of Internet Explorer externall to MC displays that page and MC shows an “Action Cancelled” error page.

Should be fixed next build.

5.   Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

This is by design.  MJExtman can be used to launch / show MC.  (if it's doing during an illogical command, let us know)

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 05:34:17 pm »

Installing this build wiped-out all my toolbar icons on both the upper and lower toolbars.
. . . the game is rigged

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re:Multizone Playing Now Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 06:21:36 pm »

Double-check your play button mode in options.  By default, "Play" means "Play visible files."

This was it.  Thanks.

edbro

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 07:31:18 pm »

Still can't find where to enable WDM support for handhelds. (Rio Karma)

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 07:41:57 pm »

I've posted about this a couple times now and no one has responded yet.  Can someone at JRiver please take a moment to acknowledge they are reading this?

Media Center crashes when I try and select the Drives & Devices item on the left hand side.  It seems to happen when I insert my DVD-RW media into my E: drive.

I do have Nero InCD running in the system tray, because I use the E: drive to backup data to.  Could there be a conflict with InCD running on a drive and Media Center trying to analyze it?

If I leave the drive open before clicking on the Drives & Devices it will "analyze devices" and expand without a problem.  But as soon as I insert a disk, Media Center will crash on the following item:

AppName: media center.exe
AppVer: 11.0.133.0
ModName: cdwriter.ocx
ModVer: 1.0.0.111
Offset: 00028013

Here is my system info:

Media Center Registered 11.0.140 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2082 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 555 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive V:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: ARTEC    WSM-52X            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:5  MaxSpeed:5  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 07:53:58 pm »

Yes, we read.  No, we don't know.  Yes, there could be a conflict.  Try uninstalling other software to test.

Best to start a new thread.  I don't think this is a bug in MC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 07:55:15 pm »

Can you post this on the "Portable Devices..." board?

edbro

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 08:02:29 pm »

Can you post this on the "Portable Devices..." board?

Sure, will do but, ...
Maybe drop this in the MC 11 bug thread until we can get it resolved.

Thanks edbro.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 10:25:09 pm »

5.   Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

This is by design.  MJExtman can be used to launch / show MC.  (if it's doing during an illogical command, let us know)

It does it when clearing the playlist for example. This is an issue when I want to run Theaterview on one monitor while keeping MC minimized on another. I use Girder and MJEXTMAN to send commands via a remote control.

I've since worked around this, but I don't see why executing MJEXTMAN commands should unminimize MC. I expect there might be other good reasons to want to keep MC minimized by sending commands to it via a remote and MJEXTMAN, or some windows script and MJEXTMAN.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 10:58:09 pm »

It does it when clearing the playlist for example. This is an issue when I want to run Theaterview on one monitor while keeping MC minimized on another. I use Girder and MJEXTMAN to send commands via a remote control.

If you are using Girder consider using the SendMessage plugin and send the windows messages directly instead of with mjextman.  This appears to leave MC minimized.

matshif

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 12:30:28 am »

Installing this build wiped-out all my toolbar icons on both the upper and lower toolbars.

I got the same "news".

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 03:21:01 am »

Build 140 still doesn't update MC's "Playing now" to show the currently playing file.

Fixer

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 10:01:28 am »

Same here, I restored my older version from a hd backup to get my toolbars back.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 10:03:24 am »

Same here, I restored my older version from a hd backup to get my toolbars back.

User customized toolbars will need to be recreated with 11.0.140 and newer.  This is to accomodate the new toolbar art system.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2004, 11:47:06 am »

I absolutely MUST commend you on MC's EXCELLENT Secure Ripping. It appears to operate flawlessly.
I do have a question however; If I only wish to rip a track or two, how can I quickly de-select the unwanted tracks? Edit->Invert Selection does not affect this.

Also,
User customized toolbars will need to be recreated with 11.0.140 and newer.  This is to accomodate the new toolbar art system.
Understood, thanks for clearing that up for us.  
Will they become an item we can backup/restore once the updates are achieved?
. . . the game is rigged

Fixer

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2004, 01:19:06 pm »

Track Info Tooltips - can't turn them off.  Since I installed this release, they are on.  I went to options to verify, and they are OFF, I turned them ON then OFF again, but they are still popping up.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 01:34:18 pm »

If you are using Girder consider using the SendMessage plugin and send the windows messages directly instead of with mjextman.  This appears to leave MC minimized.

Where is how to use this documented?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 02:11:28 pm »

Girder is at www.promixis.com

IanG

Problems with handhelds
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 04:05:16 pm »

If MC is started with a handheld already connected, the handheld doesn't appear in the action window.

If "sync handheld" is cancelled before starting the sync, the handheld disappears from the action window.

Ian G.

<Edit>

And then I unplugged / replugged the handheld and it's working perfectly  ?

IanG

Problem with Thinkpad
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 04:11:01 pm »

I tried demonstrating this build on a friend's IBM Thinkpad - the synchronize handheld window was like a letterboxand the only way to navigate it was with a mouse wheel.  To make things worse, not all the playlists could be found.  

I was using the Thunderstorm skin (and should have tried others  :-[ ).

Ian G

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 05:30:42 pm »

Here's a funny one...

I'm listening to a Jann Arden album called " Happy?"

As MC plays each song, it is changing the Album name from "Happy?" to "Happy" without the question mark...

Michel.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 05:32:26 pm »

Where is how to use this documented?

The SendMessage commands are in the sample Girder (GML) file supplied with Media Center.  Just copy these into your Girder file and load the SendMessage plugin for Girder.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 06:23:38 pm »

Media Center crashes when I try and select the Drives & Devices item on the left hand side.  It seems to happen when I insert my DVD-RW media into my E: drive.

I do have Nero InCD running in the system tray, because I use the E: drive to backup data to.  Could there be a conflict with InCD running on a drive and Media Center trying to analyze it?

If I leave the drive open before clicking on the Drives & Devices it will "analyze devices" and expand without a problem.  But as soon as I insert a disk, Media Center will crash on the following item:

I can confirm the same behavior since build .133.  I do not run InCD, so that can be ruled out as a source of conflict.  

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 07:11:25 pm »

I can confirm the same behavior since build .133.  I do not run InCD, so that can be ruled out as a source of conflict.  

Sounds kind of similar to a problem I had with "Analyzing Devices".  Here's the thread that I started about that (never did get a response):

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24429;start=msg170300#msg170300

phatrabt

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 07:31:53 pm »

MC freezes for 6 to 10 seconds every time I make any tag changes while the status bar says, "Saving tag changes..."  During this time, MC is unresponsive.  I thought for a while that it was just my hard drive's being so fragmented, but I just defragged and the problem is still there.

I recall that with v11, tag changes are supposed to be made in the background.  Not so with me.  Any idea what's wrong?

Also, a long-standing quirk with MC:  When you delete a file, the list of files shortens by one, but the wrong file initially disappears until several seconds later when MC corrects that with a refresh of the screen.

Intel Pentium 4 1793 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E: TDK     DVDRW880N         Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive P:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive R:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TDK      DVDRW880N          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Robodoc

• Recent member
  • Did I really say that?!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 09:45:14 pm »

Using v140, whenever I change any tags, get images from internet, or rename files using tag info, the "Saving tag changes (XX remaining)" never goes away and if I go back to look at the moved files (if I renamed) the files are not moved even though the filename in the view window has been updated.  Don't know if this started with 140 or not.

PVWhalen

AMD Unknown 2401 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 460 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-106   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8520B   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Space MP3Done.wav

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD RW DRU-510A    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8520B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 10:14:44 pm »

Using v140, whenever I change any tags, get images from internet, or rename files using tag info, the "Saving tag changes (XX remaining)" never goes away and if I go back to look at the moved files (if I renamed) the files are not moved even though the filename in the view window has been updated.  Don't know if this started with 140 or not.
Try starting a new thread on this.  There may be some read only directories or something else strange like that.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2004, 01:20:21 am »

MC is still not killing orphans...  :-X

Also...

Gapless playback seems to be broken with WMA files. Wait, this seems like DeJa Vu. Isnt this a common WMA problem?

-edit

I was wrong. It's happening with MP3 files too. It's tiny, barely noticable. But its still not gapless.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 09:02:49 am »

The control+left/right for moving the cursor from word to word, does not work in this version

:(

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2004, 02:39:55 pm »

I had this problem with 133 and now with 140 --

I open MC on my work computer, it connects to my home computer via Library Server, loads the library. I click on a song to play it. I plays, but after a few or a couple of minutes (the duration varies but now is consistently pretty soon -- within 5 minutes or so of starting to play), I get an error box:

Program Error -- Mediacenter.exe has generated errors and will be closed. You will have to reopen it.  A log has been created.

And off it goes.

I tried looking for the log in my root, Windows and JRiver directories, but couldn't find anything.

This is very frustrating.

It just started happening a few days ago. I think that v. 133 ran for a day or two without problems, but I can't remember exactly. I thought upgrading to 140 would help, but it hasn't.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2004, 03:40:03 pm »

Update: hmm, this also happens when I try to play from my local library, so it would seem it is not related to Library Server. But now MC cannot be used at all (well, for a minute or two, but. . . )

Shelly

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2004, 09:43:25 pm »

The search field is behaving extremely strange in this version when text is entered.   Immediately after a character is entered, the cursor jumps 2 spaces and the character(s) previously typed plus the empty space become highlighted.  The result is that the most recent character entered deletes the previously entered characters.  The only way around this behavior is to use the right arrow key to move forward one and back two spaces prior to entering a new character.  This is how the field looks after laboriously entering 4 characters.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Strange Search
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2004, 10:27:12 pm »

The search field is behaving extremely strange in this version when text is entered.   Immediately after a character is entered, the cursor jumps 2 spaces and the character(s) previously typed plus the empty space become highlighted.  The result is that the most recent character entered deletes the previously entered characters.  The only way around this behavior is to use the right arrow key to move forward one and back two spaces prior to entering a new character.  This is how the field looks after laboriously entering 4 characters.

I just tried this from a few views and it works as expected for me. What skin are you using?

Jaqqe

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2004, 02:34:35 am »

Select a field -> Press F2 (Edit selected item) -> Select part of the text in the field -> Press Delete => NOTHING happens untill you press delete for the second time.
Money... no, chocolate makes the world go round. Even here in Finland.

Shelly

Re:Strange Search
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2004, 09:23:28 am »

The search field is behaving extremely strange in this version when text is entered.  This is how the field looks after laboriously entering 4 characters.

I just tried this from a few views and it works as expected for me. What skin are you using?

I'm using the Media Player skin but tried with Thunderstorm and the same behavior was present.  

Edit:
Select a field -> Press F2 (Edit selected item) -> Select part of the text in the field -> Press Delete => NOTHING happens untill you press delete for the second time.

I wasn't familiar with using F2 for editing a field, but I tried it in the search field and the strange behavior I've been getting was fixed.  Go figure!

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2004, 07:15:06 am »

Installed this both at home and at work. In both cases the installer claimed that MC was running when it wasn't, then needed a reboot, and then reported an error installing JROptionsHelper.dll

At work - loads of Artist tags have been mixed up - i.e. they report Artists that i have, but not for the right files.
I have had to "Update Library From Tags" for every file in my library to get the information back to normal.

Oh - and the shortcuts i had on the bottom toolbar have disappeared!

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2004, 07:18:57 am »

Bug:
I have the genres  “Tango”, “Tango - Milonga” and “Tango - Vals”  in my library. When I select “Tango -  Milonga” or “Tango - Vals”, some (a smaller part) of the tracks with “Tango” in the Genre field are included along with the tracks that really fit my selection.  In MC 10 this works without any problem. The "Tango" seem to also appear in the "Tango" seletion where they belong. The same phenomenon appears also for the more established gengres "Jazz" and "Jazz fusion", so it's not about the hyphen i my homemade genres. I may add that I do the selection by selecting from the items in the "Genre" filed in the tree menu and in the field in the view, not through the general search function.

Deterioration of functionality:
 In MC 10 it is possible to adjust the gap between tracks both in playback and in CD burning. In MC 11 this possibility seems to have disappeared. This is bad since different different styles of music and different ways to use the music (intense listening, background music, dancing etc.) work best with different time gaps between songs.

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2004, 02:11:20 pm »

Yes. I also noticr this problem with Alternative - Alternative Rock, Gothic - Gothic Rock etc.

Stupid User

• Recent member
  • Woodchuck hater
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2004, 04:03:53 pm »

Right clicking the top toolbar doesn't bring up the "Customize Toolbar" menu.
Right clicking the bottom toolbar works fine.
Signature removed by moderator.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2004, 04:49:34 pm »

Two related problems:
1) In MC 10 you could set startup location to "Last location". This is not possible in MC 11,  which  makes the startup procedure longer. If  I have two windows, I can't set any start position for the second window; I get always the start window, that may be interesting for MC:s advertising but is not very useful for me.

2) When I use the split view (with two windows) the start window as the second window (which is default, as I mentioned above).  When I searh for a track, the last character I enter replaces the characters that are already there.  I can sometimes enter two or three characters but hardly more. When I change the second from the start window to i.e. "Playing Now", the problem disappears. There seems to be three possible solutions to this (problem 2):

a) Give me the option to let MC remember  the last position for all windows (best solution)

b) Let the Startup options include start postitions for all windows (can of course be combined with a))

c)  Make the start window less disturbing for the search funcioin (could be a good idea anyway, but for the problems I talk about this is far less helpful than the other solutions since it gives no help for problem 1).

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2004, 02:17:48 am »

It seems that the Disc#/Track# connection is broken again. I have my views set up very simple in the list window. Artist/Name/Duration. That works great for everything, even albums, because they go into sequential order when I select a particular Album. However, if it is one album, with 2 or more disks, instead of listing in list view the tracks in the correct order of Track#/Disc#, they are all listed in alphebetical order, as if there is no Track# or Disc# setting.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2004, 06:07:51 am »

MC11.0.140 stops responding for about 90 seconds every time I go and select the cover image for a file AND the image is in the same directory as the music files.

The hard drive makes scanning noises for about 90 seconds then MC11 comes back.

I can change other tag info and it's OK, and it appears I can select cover art in the MC cover art directory, but when I select an image in the same directory as the music files things go astray.

I have approx 4000 WMA/MP3 files in my library.

Richard

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1880 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 322 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1584 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1580 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-117   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes

evanr76

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2004, 06:17:48 am »

I have MC11 set to auto-rip on disc insert.

If I'm ripping a disc, then insert a disc into another drive, it restarts the first rip too.  Is this expected?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2004, 07:10:08 am »

MC11.0.140 stops responding for about 90 seconds every time I go and select the cover image for a file AND the image is in the same directory as the music files.

The hard drive makes scanning noises for about 90 seconds then MC11 comes back.

I can change other tag info and it's OK, and it appears I can select cover art in the MC cover art directory, but when I select an image in the same directory as the music files things go astray.

I have approx 4000 WMA/MP3 files in my library.
Please start a new thread on this.  Report any third party plug-ins used.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
Bottom field information fault in split view
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2004, 04:40:11 pm »

Fault in split view (2 views with view panes at the top and "playing now" at the bottom):
The information field at the bottom ot the MC window does not change when I change my selection in the panes of the view scheme. In detail:
-When I change the selection by doubleklicking something in the view panes, I get the information for the total of the selection in the information field, which is OK and is the same as with 1 view. However, if I doubleklick the selection  I already have this does not work.
-When I klick a track in the tracklist, the information field shows information for that track (OK)
-When I then change selection by cklicking in the panes, the information fields changes rapidly for a split second, but then shows information for the active track in "playing now" to the single track information.

I can't imagine this is a design choice, it seems more like a fault in the multi veiw handling.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up