INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Multiple Libraries  (Read 630 times)

pfeffermj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Question about Multiple Libraries
« on: December 01, 2004, 05:14:10 pm »

I have a question about how multiple libraries work.  I have an iPod that I'm currently using with iTunes for Windows, due to the ease of use with AAC and the dynamic playlists.  I also have MC11 setup for use with my Tivo, and since there's no way to stream the AAC files to the Tivo (converting on the fly) I have another set of music encoded in MP3 format for my tivo.

I would like to start using MC with the iPod, but I want to use the AAC files that I have ripped with iTunes, but I don't want to 'contaminate' my mp3 library with duplicate songs.  I know there's a way to do it, but can I have more than one library, one 'general use' library comprised on my mp3s and digital pictures for use with my other computers/tivo and one comprised just of my AAC files to use when syncing with my iPod?

The reason I want to switch the iPod over to MC is that the smart playlists are starting to REALLY annoy me in iTunes, and I like the smartlists in MC MUCH better, but I still want to use the AAC files on the iPod.

Thanks in advance.

--Matt

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Question about Multiple Libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 05:55:25 pm »

Yes, you could keep all your AAC files in a different library.  MC's Help should tell you about libraries.  Start with File/Library Manager.
Pages: [1]   Go Up