Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB  (Read 2066 times)

britei60

• Recent member
YADB
« on: December 07, 2004, 10:42:43 pm »

Why is it that I NEVER get ANY cd data from YADB??? I always get the "CD not found message".  Also, is it possible to import a file using its "tag"???    How???

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: YADB
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 10:05:04 am »

Are you connected to the network when using YADB?

I don't understand your second question.

j

britei60

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 03:13:33 pm »

I am connected to the internet if that is the network.  I want to import certain songs without having to import the entire library.  I want to import according to genre.  Thanks for your answer.  I am so excited to get a response.  Thanks again for your help.    Is there a certian way to get to YADB????

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 03:28:43 pm »

I don't think there's a way to import based on tag.

How exactly are you using YADB - the exact sequence of steps you go through?

Try using it, and after it fails, enter:
http://www.yadb.com/
into a browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla.
What do you see?

j

britei60

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 10:19:58 pm »

I want to use YABD for cd info when I rip.  It is my understanding that mj will aautomatically hook up with YADB to get this info.   I have done this with Windows Media Player and there is NO problem accessing the data base and/or getting the cd info.   MJ has been relatively user friendly but it is getting to be  a royal pain.  I am using XP and wonder if XP and MJ8 are compatible??
Thanks again.  I might just uninstall and then reinstall and see what happens.  Please let me have your thoughts and experience.

britei60

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 10:21:21 pm »

I want to use YABD for cd info when I rip.  It is my understanding that mj will aautomatically hook up with YADB to get this info.   I have done this with Windows Media Player and there is NO problem accessing the data base and/or getting the cd info.   MJ has been relatively user friendly but it is getting to be  a royal pain.  I am using XP and wonder if XP and MJ8 are compatible??
Thanks again.  I might just uninstall and then reinstall and see what happens.  Please let me have your thoughts and experience.  I have Media Player 10.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 10:01:50 am »

I need more info - what steps are you going through, and what happens or doesn't happen.

Thanks,

j

britei60

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 07:30:20 pm »

I couldn't believe it, but I made contact with YADB last night for the FIRST time.  I hooked up with them three times.  I couldn't stand it.  I MUST seee what happens tonight.  How do I remove my post from the Board???

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 07:55:47 pm »

That's progress.  The problem may be a basic network error or it could be firewall related.

You should see a "delete" button and a "modify" button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up