INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant' Format "cda to mp3"  (Read 1133 times)

ballen

• Junior Woodchuck
Cant' Format "cda to mp3"
« on: October 27, 2002, 01:06:22 pm »

After reading the rave reviews Media Jukebox has received on CNET, I decided to download & install Media Jukebox 8.   I'm one week into my 30 day trial period and like the product so far.

Before paying for the Plus version, I decided to take a look at some of the Plus features.  I ran into a problem trying to convert a "cda" song from a CD I was listening to into a 320kbps "mp3" file.  

I'm using Windows XP Pro;
Pent III 733mhz
392meg PC133 RAM
Tyan S1854 Trinity 400 motherboard
Fujitsu 40GB HDD
latest BIOS rev. and all drivers current

I have the "cda" input plugin installed as well as the "mp3 encoder" plugin installed.  From the "Playing Now" window, I highlighted the song I wanted to convert.  Choosing "Tools/Convert Format" gives me the "Convert Files" dialog box with the song I chose to convert listed.  "New Format" field shows "MP3 Encoder 320KBps" listed.  When "Start" is chosen, the status changes to encoding but nothing happens after that including no progress shown in the "Progress" bar.  ?

I'd previously used MJ's "Help" features before embarking upon this and reread them when I encountered this problem.  

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated and help me in determining whether the "Plus" features should be purchased.

Sincerely,

ballen

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cant' Format "cda to mp3"
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 01:14:38 pm »

Just use the Rip button in MJ.  Select the file on the CD, then press the Rip (aka Copy) button.  There is a section on Ripping in the FAQ here under Help.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 01:18:14 pm »

What JimH Said

>> Tools/Convert Format"
works for file formats like APE, WAVE Etc... Too Maybe MP3 Or WMA

'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' Charted At 02 In 1967

Listening to: 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine' from 'Greatest Hits' by 'Gladys Knight And The Pips' on Media Jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 03:52:52 pm »

The progress bar moves during the "copy" phase but not during "encoding". Try turning off "rip & encode simultaneously". If that doesn't work, rip to WAV or APE and encode from the hard drive.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up