INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - Trying to get Media Center to Recognize PDA as remote control device  (Read 1419 times)

NewToJRiver

Hi - if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.  :) I downloaded the 30 day trial version of Media Center to see if it's what I'd like to use, but I've been unable to get it to recognize my Dell Axim as a remote control device. I've downloaded the PDA remote control plug in, but I must be missing a step somewhere. It downloads as an .mjp file, and even after installing it, it doesn't seem to be creating the .dll file for installing as a plug-in.

It's probably something simple I'm missing, but I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Cal

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!

I'm not familiar with the remote control plug-in you are referring to, but in order to use a PDA as a remote control device, you need some 3rd Party software. The one I know about, which a lot of Media Center users use is NetRemote. You get this, put a version on the desktop and another on the Pocket PC. This will operate MC via a wireless network. To do IR, you need some kind of IR device on the desktop.

rsbrux

• Recent member

I use TV Remote Controller from PDAwin.com on an old iPAQ 3950.  TVRC supports WinCE 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 and WM5.
It's big advantage is that it can emulate the Philips Pronto universal remote, for which you can find all kinds of configuration files on  RemoteCentral.com
FSC Scaleo E upgraded w/Intel DH67BLB3 & Core i3 - 2100 3.1 GHz CPU
DigitalDevices DuoFlex CT & Octopus single CI
Pages: [1]   Go Up