INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.177 Beta Available  (Read 9381 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.177 Beta Available
« on: January 14, 2005, 05:18:21 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110177.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.177 (1/14/05)

1. Fixed: Some drag-n-drop / clipboard actions could cause a crash if no files were involved.
2. Changed: Back / forward works between webpage and library type views, to effectively create one history list.
3. Changed: Wait message should appear while MC gathers information from Portable Devices.
4. Changed: Wait message should appear while Portable Device Action Window draws playlist tree when necessary.
5. Fixed: Portable Device Sync queue will prompt to clear queue when AW is closed.
6. Fixed: Portable Device playlist tree flickering during draw.
7. Fixed: Searches / tree items for long strings would not work properly when a short string started the same as the long string.
8. Fixed: Quick Play of mix-type smartlists would play the same results each time.
9. Optimized: Improved speed of views containing view headers.
10. NEW: Added view header to handheld list views.
11. Changed: View header for CDs "Rip" control changes to "Cancel Rip" when ripping is in progress.

11.0.174 (1/13/05)

1. Fixed: Audible plugin would not install properly on some systems.
2. Fixed: UPnP Header case, cache-control, server, date and usn header.

11.0.173 (1/12/05)

1. Changed: m3u playlists  for mass storage portables will include .\ in the path to accommodate Rio players and others.
2. Fixed: Shuffle / Continuous menu items in Mini View would not properly update their check state when switching states.
3. Fixed: Import dialog could paint slowly with skins that had custom dialog backgrounds.
4. Fixed: Seeking on some WMA radio streams could cause the program to hang.
5. NEW: Added native playback of Audible files. (allows DSP, burning, visualizations, etc.)
6. Changed: Dropping / pasting on "Playing Now" item shows menu for possible actions.
7. Changed: Drag-n-drop in Playlist, Playing Now, and some other views assumes move vs. copy based on keyboard control button instead of always showing a menu. (menu still possible with right-drag)
8. Changed: Drag-n-drop operations that will result in a menu being shown will show the link-type drag icon. (instead of move / copy)
9. Changed: "Please wait. Loading Page..." message uses list colors to better fit with the current skin.
10. Fixed: Relative path M3U files would not work properly when an entry started with a backslash.
11. Changed: Moving the volume slider will unmute the volume.
12. NEW: MC TV has A "Signal Strength Meter" on "TV Channels" property page, as well as on Scan Digital Channels dialog window, to indicate signal strength for digital TV.
13. NEW: Clicking an entry in TV channels list on "TV Channels" property page temporarily tunes TV to that channel.
14. Changed: Added long title scrolling back to the player display on mouse-over.
15. Changed: Reduced the show duration of tooltips in the player area.
16. Changed: Optimized synchronization for Portables.
17. Fixed: Device configuration dialog would not allow playlist tree to be scrolled.
18. Fixed: MC could crash when closing if its license was not loaded properly.
19. Fixed: General UPnP Cleanup.
20. Fixed: Library/TiVo/UPnP Server thread cleanup could avoid some problems.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

UnknownID

Re: Media Center 11.0.177 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 07:24:40 pm »

I am not sure if you are doing anything to the Library Browser at this time, but there seems to be a problem with the columns.

I have a screen resolution of 1600 x 1200 and the Library Browser displays 3 columns of Albums (I only use MC for music at this time). When I make a selection (single click on any of the blocks) in either of the first 2 columns everything works fine. But when I make a selection in the third, all 3 columns shift to the left causing the first column (1/4 of the image to be precise) to be partially covered by the Tree. When the left most column is selected everything shifts back to the correct space.

There is no impairment on functionality; it is just a visual thing.

Good Luck!

UnknownID

P.S. Are there plans to develop this area further? If so, it would be nice to be able to have just one column so that the full title can be viewed.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 08:09:13 pm »

- The forward and back buttons are still missing from the slideshows:

Full size image

- Auto-hide has changed. Control Bar appears whenever the mouse is moved, even outside MC.
  Earlier it it took action only if the mouse was hovered inside the display area. This changed a few builds ago.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 08:28:46 pm »

- The forward and back buttons are still missing from the slideshows:

This is the new design.  Play around with it a little.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CautionESPN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 09:22:21 pm »

Audible files do not play properly I get an error

When i try to view the audible plugin using plug in manager I get the following error:

When I try to play an audible book i get this error:

Media Center Registered 11.0.177 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1992 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5112  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R5112   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:2  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Portable Device Access Crashes
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 09:55:35 pm »

I defined a local folder as a device under handheld.

If I access the 'device' in any way (send to, click it in the tree) MC crashes.
I only did this yesterday, so for .174 and now .177 it is the same. Don't know about earlier versions.

Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   Application Error
Event Category:   None
Event ID:   1000
Date:      1/15/2005
Time:      11:50:39 AM
User:      N/A
Computer:   IZZY7A
Description:
Faulting application media center.exe, version 11.0.177.0, faulting module hh_portable.dll, version 1.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001623f.

Intel Pentium 4 2656 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: SONY    CD-RW  CRX220E1   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: SONY     CD-RW  CRX220E1    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Fire Rod visualization freezes MC
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 04:44:51 am »

This is the new design.  Play around with it a little.

I must have missed the announcement. I played around with it a little.

I pushed the buttons on the left several times. At first I noticed that they have some kind of double-function. They work as "back and forward" buttons when the display is in Image mode. But they also change the display mode. I pushed the buttons until the "Fire Rod" visualization tried to start. That froze MC. Killing MC in the Task Manager rebooted the whole PC.

After the reboot I started video playback. I changed the display mode to Cover Art and Track Info (both empty). Should it be able to switch to those modes during video playback?

Then I started audio playback. MC tried to start "Fire Rod" again and froze. The only way out was Task Manager and it rebooted the PC again.

Now I am stuck with the "Fire Rod" visualization. MC changes to that display whenever I try to start audio playback and I have to reboot. Nice.

Is the Auto-hide change also by design?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 05:44:39 am »

I tried to use the disc# field like so

album xxxx disc# 1  track 1
album xxxx disc# 1  track 2
album xxxx disc# 1  track 3
album xxxx disc# 2  track 1
album xxxx disc# 2  track 2
album xxxx disc# 2  track 3

the complete album flag is 0 even though both discs are complete...

Marcel

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 08:42:57 am »

1. Analyzing large files, > 100 MB (mixes), hangs around 40%, sometimes the whole system freezes.
2. When MC finishes analyzing large number of files, the analyzing window never displays " completed" and the exit button stays greyed out, even though the file analysis is compleeted.
3. Importing seems to take longer than it should and the number of files imported into the library is reported incorrectly.  Also, while MC is searching for new files, parts of the previous dialogue window GUI remain on the screen.

Media Center Registered 11.0.174 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Intel Pentium 4 3403 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Fire Rod visualization freezes MC
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 08:47:04 am »

Now I am stuck with the "Fire Rod" visualization. MC changes to that display whenever I try to start audio playback and I have to reboot. Nice.

A quick and dirty fix was to delete the "Fire Rod.mjv" file from the "<MC program path>\Visualizations\Vis Studio\Oscilloscope" folder.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 12:51:52 pm »

I pushed the buttons until the "Fire Rod" visualization tried to start. That froze MC. Killing MC in the Task Manager rebooted the whole PC.
It sounds like MC may have a bug, but the crash may be related to a video driver problem.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 01:25:03 pm »

I have ATI Radeon 9600 with this driver package: wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-042-040803a-016701c, dated August 11, 2004. I'll try the December 13 version.

DirectX version is 9.0c

Media Center Registered 11.0.177 -- C:\Soft\MC\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2845 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 723 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4480B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.177 Beta Available
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 01:48:12 pm »

Still ripping problems
I am setup to 2 rips/2 encodes/4 processes.
Put two cd's in and started to rip. First song on 2nd cd got stuck on encode but everything else worked fine. Went back and ripped the one track and it worked fine.
Put one cd in and started to rip. Third track got stuck on encode and rest ripped fine. Went back and ripped track 3 fine.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 02:08:47 pm »

It's the same with the new drivers. I noticed that MC seems to be frozen, but if I let it be long enough, half an hour or so, the visualization stops and releases MC. Audio continues to play at the same time when MC's GUI is unresponsive. I have set the visualization quality to "Low", if that matters.

jankm

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 03:08:57 pm »

I'm still having problems with the play count being increased when I skip a track after playing a whole song. Its really been messing up my playlist. Is any one else seeing this?

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 05:37:15 pm »

I'm still having two problems that have been going on for several versions now:

1)  When I import tracks, the import goes fine, but then MC freezes. All I can do is "End Now" to close it and I get a report that it is "not responding". This is consistent and consistently annoying.

2)  When I rip, I often almost always I ahve 1-3 or 4 tracks that rip fine, but then I get a message saying the tags couldn't be saved. When I go and look at the file, it has some weird name and an additional extension of .XXXX after the .mp3. (e.g. it was supposed to have been "07 - Saturday Night.mp3" and what I got was "07-SA456~.MP3.XXXX" or something like that).  Obviously, while they have this odd name, they are not recognized by MC (since the filename listed in MC is "07 - Saturday Night.mp3) When I rename them, they play just fine. I don't really see any reason why the particular tracks are singled out for this problem -- their names aren't any longer or contain more odd characters than any other track, the rip seems to go fine, they play fine after I rename them, etc. But it's an annoying problem that I never had before recently.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 06:00:56 pm »

Grr, #1 above is worse than I thought and I know this has been reported before --

One of the albums I just ripped didn't have an image file. I got it from amazon and then added it to the songs. This time 4 songs came up listed that their tags could not be updated. I went to look at them via Explorer and MC had RENAMED THEM.

Example:

was -- 06 - Tempo.mp3
now -- 06-TE~X7.MP3

was -- 07 - Miracolo.mp3
now -- 07-MI~DN.MP3

Are you guys working on this problem? I know this have been reported by several people before. It started at least in the .16x versions, maybe a bit before. And it is still happening.

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Portable Device Access Crashes
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 08:19:06 pm »

If I access the 'device' in any way (send to, click it in the tree) MC crashes.
I only did this yesterday, so for .174 and now .177 it is the same. Don't know about earlier versions.

Confirmed. I can't synchonize my handheld (iRiver H320) anymore. It seems this bug was introduced with version 11.0.173. Reļnstalling 11.0.168 resolves the problem.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 10:40:04 pm »

Ever since build .168, MC has been realigning the "Status Bar" info to the center of the bottom status area. This is not specific to any skin either. This is happening on all skins.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2005, 12:36:15 am »

Only one Theater view skin in MC11? I try and switch to one of the others, and I get a message "Media Center could not load the desired skin, loaded Hairstyle instead". I see the other skins in the fullskins folder, but can't load them.

Also, any way to get MC11 to not search for album covers when importing media? I can't even find the "store cover art in file" option anymore...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2005, 03:38:56 am »

... Also, any way to get MC11 to not search for album covers when importing media? I can't even find the "store cover art in file" option anymore...

File > Library > Import Media... > Retrieve album art from Internet
Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Save cover art inside tags when possible

and possibly also this:

Tools > Options > Devices > CD Ripping > Get cover art from internet after ripping

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2005, 05:21:06 am »

7. Fixed: Searches / tree items for long strings would not work properly when a short string started the same as the long string.

Thanks for fixing this.  :D

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2005, 01:08:48 pm »

Possibly one for the plugin forum:

Just installed this build from v11.0.118. G-Force is not working. Uninstalled G-Force, 2.7.1, downloaded latest 2.7.3 seemingly without problem, but I cant get it to show.

Anyone else get G-Force to work?

Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to say - MC shows G-Force as being installed in the Plugin manager. I just cant find it in the playback window. All other standard visualisations are available.

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2005, 06:55:48 pm »

Just installed this build from v11.0.118. G-Force is not working. Uninstalled G-Force, 2.7.1, downloaded latest 2.7.3 seemingly without problem, but I cant get it to show.

Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to say - MC shows G-Force as being installed in the Plugin manager. I just cant find it in the playback window. All other standard visualisations are available.

I had this problem a few builds ago and posted the same question w/no response. I finally stumbled on the answer on my own.

With a Audio file playing:

Go to Tools/Image/Play Image, playback will start  then you can select G-Force with the arrows at the bottom of the display window.

Hope this helps.

Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2005, 10:16:09 pm »

Ok, this is quite trivial, as I'm sure you all will agree. Nevertheless, I am quite picky about visual quality and look and feel. Something I've been noticing and goes back in more build numbers than I can remember;

The first CD that is inserted after starting MC causes the MC window to flash and then/or show a window restore animation down to the "Gathering Info" window, however the main MC window does not actually restore, only the animation occurs. Whether the window just flashes, or flashes and does the animation, is dependant upon the skin being used. But it always does some kind of flash regardless of the skin. All subsequent CDs do not invoke this strange window behaviour.

This doesnt affect play or anything like that, it just makes the program not look very stable.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 11:02:04 pm »

I'm having some issues when listening to streaming WMA files. What happens is that the music stops for a few seconds and then resumes. These are very high bit-rate files (WMA lossless), but they were streaming perfectly in MC10, so I'm assuming something weird is happening in 11. Also, I was monitoring the network throughput (via Taskmanager) and there was no problems there, that is, the streaming download continued smoothly, even during the break in the play.

Magicland

• World Citizen
  • Gabba Gabba Hey!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2005, 12:41:43 am »

File > Library > Import Media... > Retrieve album art from Internet
Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Save cover art inside tags when possible

and possibly also this:

Tools > Options > Devices > CD Ripping > Get cover art from internet after ripping

Thanks, I figured the options were in there somewhere, but it's initially confusing when they move from version (MC10) to version (MC11).

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2005, 12:14:28 pm »

Have not been able to connect cleanly to my portable devices in some time.  MC11 crashes when trying to access.  I have a rio carbon and iriver h140.

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2005, 12:45:40 pm »

Thanks

I had this problem a few builds ago and posted the same question w/no response. I finally stumbled on the answer on my own.

With a Audio file playing:

Go to Tools/Image/Play Image, playback will start  then you can select G-Force with the arrows at the bottom of the display window.

Hope this helps.

To add to Tiberius' helpful reply, and to further answer my own question, you can get to G-Force and all the other visualisation options by right clicking on the grey bar at the bottom of the display window. This is clearly by design in this build, albeit a bit confusing (to me at least). Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2005, 05:21:31 pm »

Have not been able to connect cleanly to my portable devices in some time.  MC11 crashes when trying to access.  I have a rio carbon and iriver h140.
If you haven't done so, please post details on the Portable Digital Players board here

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 10:34:10 pm »

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but would it be possible to manually resize panes instead of automatic? Panes like "year (date)" and "artist (grouped)" do not need so much space.

thanks

the illest villain

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2005, 03:18:57 pm »

I must have missed the announcement. I played around with it a little.

I pushed the buttons on the left several times. At first I noticed that they have some kind of double-function. They work as "back and forward" buttons when the display is in Image mode. But they also change the display mode. I pushed the buttons until the "Fire Rod" visualization tried to start. That froze MC. Killing MC in the Task Manager rebooted the whole PC.

After the reboot I started video playback. I changed the display mode to Cover Art and Track Info (both empty). Should it be able to switch to those modes during video playback?

Then I started audio playback. MC tried to start "Fire Rod" again and froze. The only way out was Task Manager and it rebooted the PC again.

Is the Auto-hide change also by design?

I'm also having issues playing videos/visualizations to a second monitor.   I can't seem to get fullscreen when playing my mpg1 videos or visualizations.    MC seems to locks up when I toggle back and forth between desktop and fullscreen.    I have tried all resolution sizes and nothing seems to change it to a full screen size.

Also MC is stuttering again when playing videos.... even with media player's engine turned on.   This happens when playing videos back to back.  It's a random thing. Not on every video.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 03:34:17 pm »

I am unable to RIP from 2 CD's at the same any more, MC will RIP the 1st CD then move onto the 2nd CD once the 1st is finished.

This was working fine in .161 before I went away for Xmas.

This may be by design, but has changed from how it used to work.

Have checked settings and all apprear to be correct.

Richard

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2005, 06:40:34 pm »

Still getting an "out of memory" error when trying to export to XML

AMD Athlon 1990 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 576 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive I: MATSHITADVD-RAM LF-D521   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive I: MATSHITA DVD-RAM LF-D521    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2005, 06:49:15 pm »

The playlists field seems to have disappeared sometime in version 10 and is still gone.

I would like to be able to display this field in customized views and create new trackinfo templates with TRACKINFO_INSERT_PLAYLISTS  included.  The field is still documented as valid and the action window file properties/playlists functionality works but no dice using playlists as a field.

Is this a bug or by design?

Fixer

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2005, 09:43:37 pm »

What order should "recently imported" come up in?  It seems random to me and does not follow my saved sort order.
Pages: [1]   Go Up