INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: free 30 day trial period only 1/2 day  (Read 853 times)

babas

• nothing more to say...
free 30 day trial period only 1/2 day
« on: October 24, 2002, 12:46:38 am »

i downloaded the 8.0 trial version of jukebox player  in the early morning hours of the 23 october 2002 and with some online help from a friend, started to use the program late in the evening that same day.

While trying to learn how to use the varioous onctionalities, such as converting WMA songs into mp3 format, i noticed that the clock on my pc was incorrect, and therefore fixed it to the correct time/date/year. Some time after that, I turned off my pc for awhile.

When i resumed work on converting the targeted files, the Media jukebox opened a window informing me that my "30 day trial period had expired ", and then a smaller ERROR window stating that it "could not create encoder control".

I am sufficiently impressed by the Media jukebox software to consider buying it, but am truly dissapointed in not being able to enjoy the full trial period as publicized.

I was also dissapointed in not being to find any other venue on the internet site in order to contact Media Jukebox customer service representatives other than this forum.

i hope to get somekind of formal company response in the near future.

:-/

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: free 30 day trial period only 1/2 day
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 06:13:58 am »

Apparently your system date was off by 29.5 days, which is what MJ looked at when installed. Now that date has been corrected, you WILL (or had) only have a half day. If you had caught it before it expired, then you could have rolled date back to get your 30 day trial. It's forever burned into your registry (unless you do a clean OS reinstall). Spend the $25, it's worth it.

Xenno

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: free 30 day trial period only 1/2 day
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 06:23:10 am »

[official company response]

xen is correct about this.  I hope you will understand.

Details on purchase are under jukebox/purchase above.

Thanks for trying MJ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up