INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wma not supported???  (Read 2481 times)

wetbob

wma not supported???
« on: January 31, 2005, 06:20:47 am »

I'm trying to convert my wma files to mp3, but the operation keeps coming up as "failed". I've noticed that under the file type heading "not supported" is shown, even though they are all wma and all play. What can I do?

dutchman

Re: wma not supported???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:16:06 pm »

funny thing, i have the same problem....running windows xp...conversion worked before though on me. is this an xp issue?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 04:23:25 pm »

It's an MJ issue.  It's a long story.

MC can do this.

www.jrmediacenter.com

rabmj

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 08:06:30 am »

I have the same problem on my Windows 98 machine.  The file was recorded using MJ.  Looks like I do not have an Input Plug-in (???).  Where does one get it?   Can you help?

Is there a technical support group from the s/w or we have to rely on other users?  This is very frustrating for someone who bought the product in the last 24 hours.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 08:27:52 am »

This is tech support.  It's both users and JRiver staff.

Conversion of WMA is not supported in MJ.

GregEaton

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 09:02:32 am »

I made several mistakes over the past few years. The first was recording all my purchased CD's  (bought and paid for) with MJ8 in WMA 192kb. ALL 2678 songs. The second was buying a new computer.

I upgraded my MJ to the latest version and now it says all my WMA files are unlicensed and crashes all the time. It took me years to put these songs on my pc - what can I do ?

Can you Help ?

Desperately missing Leonard Cohen and Van Morrison.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 09:06:55 am »

That is a WMA DRM issue.  Either switch to JRiver Media Center.

MJ 8.0.400 doesn't support WM DRM.

GregEaton

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 09:51:39 pm »

Not quite the answer I wanted but I have now purchased Medaia Center and yes everthing is restored and working well - the upgrade price was not too painful, either. 

Thanks

Greg Eaton

That is a WMA DRM issue.  Either switch to JRiver Media Center.

MJ 8.0.400 doesn't support WM DRM.

nancyburns

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 03:01:01 pm »

obviously I'm on this thread because I have the same problem..5400 songs in wma...all a zillion MB...so I want to convert to anything else...

since MJ is not able to convert these files to mp3, do you have any suggestions for other downloads I can get?

thanks-

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 03:14:11 pm »

obviously I'm on this thread because I have the same problem..5400 songs in wma...all a zillion MB...so I want to convert to anything else...

since MJ is not able to convert these files to mp3, do you have any suggestions for other downloads I can get?

thanks-

yes

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27009.0
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Lala412

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 11:50:21 am »

Help.  I didn't realize the music I was downloading from Napster the last two days were all wma files.  I want mp3 files (and, so far, can't find an option to download mp3s instead of wmas on Napster - any suggestions??).  I have MJ 8, and my computer, sadly, doesn't fit the requirements for MC (and it'll be a while before I can upgrade). 

The software that came with my Zen Micro says it can convert files, but then pops up with a message saying that it can't convert the wmas to mp3s either.  Is there another program out there that I can find just to do that (and then cancel my free trial of Napster)?

Am I at least going to be able to burn an audio CD with wmas in the mix?  This is so irritating.  Not MJ, Napster. 

Thanks -
Laura

Lala412

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 01:26:31 pm »

Well, I guess the long way will work if I really want to change them (I've decided that as long as it will burn, I don't care) (but will they play in a jam box-type thing that plays mp3s?) - I wanted to cut some silence off of a couple of them so my playlist would fit on an audio CD, and realized that I can open them in editor, edit them, and save them as mp3s.  Have no clue if I'm losing sound quality, but that's only as good as my player anyway, right?  Doesn't sound bad so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up