INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.184 Beta Available  (Read 6119 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.184 Beta Available
« on: February 01, 2005, 05:03:47 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110184.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.184 (2/1/05)

1. Fixed: Some 2D visualizations would not work properly on non-English locales.
2. Changed: PDT portable modifications to accommodate any base .m3u file path. Added support for iRiver H-140.
3. Changed: Attempting to start a burn without a disc in the drive shows a message to insert a disc and try again.
4. NEW: UPnP Server option to disable NOTIFY warnings.
5. NEW: UPnP Server responds to device type SSDP searches.
6. NEW: UPnP Server supports service descriptions and eventing.
7. NEW: UPnP Server supports images on Streamium.
8. NEW: UPnP Server supports BrowseMetadata (required for Roku).
9. NEW: UPnP Server supports resource size.
10. Fixed: UPnP Server supports duration in proper format.
11. Fixed: UPnP Server supports better object types (required for LinkSys).
12. Fixed: When transferring to a portable device, if files are missing, removing them from the library would cause a crash during transfer.
13. Changed: Displaying analog TV's video inputs (SVideo, Composite etc.) as channels is now optional.
14. Fixed: In some cases digital TV playback/time-shifting would start in wrong video size.
15. Fixed: In rare cases, background tag updating could cause a crash / hang.
16. Fixed: Replay Gain for iPod.
17. Changed: Image playback uses new unified OSD to display image captions. (still a work in progress)
18. Optimized: Several actions faster due to optimized UI update routing and handling. (please report any strangeness you see where the tree / view doesn't update when expected)
19. Fixed: Quick Play > Playing Now entries were not working properly.

11.0.183 (1/28/05)

1. Fixed: TV on-screen display of message text did not work for digital TV.
2. Changed: "YUV Mixing Mode" for digital TV is made optional (default is ON).
3. NEW: Media Center creates a log each run to aid with bug finding / fixing. (log stays private unless you share it -- placed in C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11)
4. Fixed: During device sync, multiple 'clear queue' messages.
5. Fixed: Devices - 'Clear Queue' at end of transfer is removed.
6. Fixed: Disappearing AW after Portable sync.
7. Changed: Added wait message for initialization of a portable device.
8. Fixed: Some visualizations would not function properly.
9. Changed: Added +100x / -100x DVD seeking speed.
10. NEW: Added new unified on-screen display to playback display for showing playback state. (still a work in progress, most complete for DVD playback)
11. NEW: Added DVD bookmarking so MC will optionally start where you last left off when starting a DVD.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
Re: Media Center 11.0.184 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 07:03:31 pm »

Recent Changes

2. Changed: PDT portable modifications to accommodate any base .m3u file path. Added support for iRiver H-140.

[

I'm sorry to say that ".m3u file path" is not fixed for iRiver H-140.

The dot at the beginning of the path gets an error and .m3u isn't playable.
If I cut it off, the playlist becomes readable.

Stefano

VGuarino

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 10:27:29 pm »

Library server only drops down the default library to start. So I was starting the default library, which was an empty library.

Vin

VGuarino

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 10:55:04 pm »

Well, there is no bug in the drop down list. It's just hard to notice.

Sorry about that.

The good news is, LS seems to be running much leaner (CPU) and consistent, even on Windows 2k Pro.

V

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 02:06:30 am »

Hello,
I am not sure if anyone requested this.. Would it be possible to

- implement "minimize on close" option. i.e. when one clicks on the "close" glyph (top-right corner of the MC window) it would minimize rather than quit

- Detachable/stand-alone player. i.e. when one closes the library the player stays on. This is basically the same as the first request but instead of "minimize" MC should go to mini-me mode.

Thanks!
And congrats with a great product! I finally registred :)

max

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 04:18:39 am »

Hello,
I am not sure if anyone requested this.. Would it be possible to

- implement "minimize on close" option. i.e. when one clicks on the "close" glyph (top-right corner of the MC window) it would minimize rather than quit

I personally like the 'Close' button to close apps. There is already a 'Minimize' button.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 04:38:50 am »

1. Importing seems to take longer than it should and the number of files imported into the library is reported incorrectly.  Also, while MC is searching for new files, parts of the previous dialogue window GUI remain on the screen.

2. When MC finishes analyzing large number of files, the analyzing window never displays " completed" and the exit button stays greyed out, even though the file analysis is compleeted.

Media Center Registered 11.0.184 -- F:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3403 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 05:05:32 am »

1. Fixed: Some 2D visualizations would not work properly on non-English locales.

It's not completely fixed yet. My PCs are not hanging anymore, but some of the visualizations don't look right if the decimal separator character is not the "dot".

For example, if you change the decimal symbol to comma or to underscore and try "Spectrum Analyzer: Black & White" you'll see what I mean. (MC needs to be restarted.)

They shouldn't be depended on the chosen separator character.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 08:38:53 am »

It's not completely fixed yet. My PCs are not hanging anymore, but some of the visualizations don't look right if the decimal separator character is not the "dot".

For example, if you change the decimal symbol to comma or to underscore and try "Spectrum Analyzer: Black & White" you'll see what I mean. (MC needs to be restarted.)

They shouldn't be depended on the chosen separator character.

You must use a . as the decimal since a , has special meaning inside functions.

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 09:14:12 am »

Still a mystery.  How do you get an .m3u playlist created on a handheld when transferring.  I drag the playlist to the handheld and transfer yet no playlist gets created whether I set the options for the playlists to ROOT or \ or even a folder on the device calle _Playlists.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 09:17:38 am »

You must use a . as the decimal since a , has special meaning inside functions.

The commonly used decimal separator characters are dot and comma. I don't know if other characters are used in some locales. Comma is used in many European locales, including e.g. France, Germany, Scandinavia and Spain. My Finnish/Swedish keyboard layout has a "comma" key on the numeric keyboard instead a "dot" key (Del&dot/comma key on the right).

If the separator character is changed to dot that key will not work as a decimal separator with many applications (Excel, Calculator, Photoshop, etc). Also, Excel printouts would look nonstandard since the standard is comma. That would cause all kinds of problems.

Programs are supposed to get the locale information from OS and work accordingly.

Actually, I don't quite understand why a visualization plug-in has to be depended on regional options, but since it is it should work with them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 09:36:59 am »

I personally like the 'Close' button to close apps. There is already a 'Minimize' button.

I was talking about an "option" for MC to act like that. Many programs have such an option. eMule for instance.

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 09:50:44 am »

I can't find the log file.  I crashed every time I run the import, it appears to be crashing during the "Updating library to match external changes..." phase.  But without seeing the list of files, I can't tell what it is failing on.  Perhaps a detail view can be added to the import process window.

-Lee

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 12:25:49 pm »

I can't find the log file.  I crashed every time I run the import, it appears to be crashing during the "Updating library to match external changes..." phase.  But without seeing the list of files, I can't tell what it is failing on.  Perhaps a detail view can be added to the import process window.

-Lee

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Logs

Make sure you tell Windows Explorer not to hide folders from you.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2005, 12:31:39 pm »

Clicking back on start crashes MC
Clicking the back arrow on MCs start screen (the integrated Web Browser not the splash screen) without having a webpage change before, MC crashes. When there is a webpage, where MC can move back to, it works.

Right click on taskbar icon in Video Mode
When watching a Video in MC and trying to use the MC Taskbaricon right click menu, it doesn't appear. Also doesn't work even if the video isn't realy displayed, but playing (e.g. when browsing in Media Libary with internal video display).

Fade Out on Stop holds MC
When pressing stop playing a Audiofile and "Fadeout" on stop is activated, MC doesn't react during the fade time. No mouse klick or anything else has an effekt. Also minimize doesn't work. After finishing the fadeout, MC recognizes all mousklicks given during the fadeout and does the action it should have done.
This is NOT a new bug. It appears when fading was added to MJ, but I didn't report it up to now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 12:39:06 pm »

Clicking the back arrow on MCs start screen (the integrated Web Browser not the splash screen) without having a webpage change before, MC crashes. When there is a webpage, where MC can move back to, it works.
I can't reproduce this.  You might try it on another PC if you can.  Try updating IE.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 12:44:36 pm »

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110184.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.184 (2/1/05)

2D Visualizations don't lock up MC anymore, but display quality is very poor on most of the visualizations, even on Highest quality setting. So for the time being I'll keep using the old dll files in the Vis Studio map.
A day without laughing is a day without living

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 02:05:25 pm »

When I start MC 11.0.184 the GUI stays frozen for 3 or 4 minutes. Processor usage is normal and windows XP pro still operates normally. If I set it to start playing on startup it plays fine while it’s frozen. It will occasionally freeze for a moment after the initial lookup but is fairly stable from then on. It behaves this way even if I use selective startup with everything unchecked. It seems to have issue with the latest ATI divers. The cover art plugin won’t install ether.
Try changing the startup options for location.  Try Start or Media Library.

Do you have a network drive mounted?  If so, is it on?

Please start a new thread on this if you need more help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 04:56:48 pm »

It seems to have issue with the latest ATI divers.

XP Pro sp2
Radeon 9800 pro. Catalyst 5.1 drivers
XP 2500, 1024 mb ram. Nforce 2 ultra chipset.

I've a very similar setup, and am having no problems at all with startup.  I doubt its a conflict with the Catalyst drivers.  Here's my info:
XP Pro SP2
2048 MB PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9600XT AIW, Catalyst 5.1
Athlon XP 2600+
NVIDIA NFORCE2 Ultra 400 + MCP-T (ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe)

I've also got another system with:
XP Pro SP2
1024 MB PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9600 Pro, Catalyst 5.1
Athlon XP-Mobile 2600 (OC'd to 3000+ speed)
NVIDIA nForce2-400 (ASUS A7N8X-X)

Both work just fine.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2005, 05:49:38 pm »

The comments on the new On Screen Display were split to a new thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25863.0

Laffer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 09:12:51 pm »

Not been using 11 long, so please forgive if these are 'features' instead of bugs.

Fired up the latest 11 version, and immediately found that the "edit view scheme" (for the three boxes across the top) does not seem to work.  I tried putting mine n the order I had in 10.x which is Artist, Album, Genre, Year.  Tried it a few times but always ends up back to default - Media type, Album Artist,  Album - no matter what you do.

Laffer.

Edit:
Just been messing with visualisations and got a fatal "Media Core Has Encountered a Problem".
Error Signature : AppName: media center.exe    AppVer: 11.0.184.0    ModName: visstudio3d.dll
ModVer: 10.0.2.0    Offset: 0001a885.

At the time I was using the arrows at the bottom of the vis screen (not in full screen mode) to cycle through them.

System Info:
Media Center 11.0.184 -- C:\Program Files\MC11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3198 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 586 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-108    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Only other thing to add is : ATI Catalyst 04.12 driver on a Radeon 9800 Pro AGP.

lmurawski

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005, 11:12:13 pm »

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Logs

Make sure you tell Windows Explorer not to hide folders from you.

Found the log, wasn't under the user I expected.  Unfortuntely, there doesn't appear to be any logging for the import process at this time.

Snuffy2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Got Corn?
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2005, 11:46:09 pm »

Not been using 11 long, so please forgive if these are 'features' instead of bugs.

Fired up the latest 11 version, and immediately found that the "edit view scheme" (for the three boxes across the top) does not seem to work.  I tried putting mine n the order I had in 10.x which is Artist, Album, Genre, Year.  Tried it a few times but always ends up back to default - Media type, Album Artist,  Album - no matter what you do.

Laffer.

Exact same problem.  ?

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2005, 11:24:27 am »

The "Library Tools - Clean File Properties - Convert Underscores To Spaces" command does not seem to work anymore.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it. The original filename is quite long. As an example:

billboard_top_100_hits_of_1959_-_#099_-_ernie_fields_-_in_th.mp3

which is 60.3 or 63 characters long.

Michel.

Neville

• World Citizen
  • I am the black crow king...
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2005, 12:51:42 pm »

MC is notably faster with this version.  :D
Thanks

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2005, 01:47:05 pm »

At the risk of reporting something that may have already been posted, I just discovered that MC throws the dreaded "Media Core has encountered a problem..." message whenever I try to delete a library entry that doesn't have a backing file. I'm just doing a "Delete From Library".

Media Center Registered 11.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2591 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1039 MB, Free - 478 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1584 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1580 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: LITEON  CD-ROM LTN486S    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2005, 06:19:39 pm »

Cannot sync with my iPoD!

When trying to sync with my iPOD, I get the following messages:

The SYNC HANDHELD window says: "-306,2 MB available after sync". This is not true,  since I use about 10 GB out of 40 GB.

I try to transfer anyway, and get an information window with an information about " more music than can fit into your device...".

Then I see correct capacity information, so I try with the transfer again. I get a confirmation pop-up window where I confirm. Then I get the information window saying  more music than can fit into your device..." again

Screenshots describing the  process can be found at http://web.telia.com/~u31404887/MC11fel/fel050203.htm

This fault seems to be new in 11.0.184. I write "seems to" since I haven't synchronised too many times before .184, but after some other trouble it worked in .183.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2005, 06:28:22 pm »

Three problems with the search function:

1) Blanks are added between and after words in the search field (reported before)

3) The selection of tracks that are visible remains limited by the search even if I clear the search field.

2) Search criteria filters both panes in split view, This may be by design, but to me it seems much better if it only affects the active window. If there are different opinions about this, maybe the choice could be a "Tree and veiw" option to be set by the user.

Pages: [1]   Go Up