INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC10 Import Playlist Support  (Read 631 times)

Tim Harvey

• Recent member
MC10 Import Playlist Support
« on: February 01, 2005, 06:13:46 pm »

Greetings,

I've been looking over the help for MC10 as well as reading posts here and It would seem that some basic functionality regarding importing of M3U playlists either doesn't exist or is extremely un-intuitive.  What I'm trying to do, which would seem very intuitive to me is the following:

Prior to using MC, I have several playlists I've created for my collection which are M3U files.  Once I've imported my 'library' into MC10, I wish my M3U playlists to simply appear under the 'Playlist' tree, each playlist having its own tree item.  It would seem that what MC10 does is open the playlist and simply import the contents into the 'library' (the songs from the playlist should already be in the library), but this does away with the playlist 'container'.  I want each playlist to have created an entry in the Playlist tree with the name of that playlist, and the contents of those entries to be the contents of the M3U file.  Also if I click on the 'Playlist' tree (no subtree or child node of it) I would expect no songs to be shown.

Why would MC pull the contents of playlists in and mix them up with contents of all other playlists?  (This seems to be what it did... my Playlists directory has an 'Imported Playlists' tree which has no child trees, but contains every song in every playlist, all mixed together with no reference as to what playlist it came from).  In addition, if you try to delete items from this location MC wants to delete it from your library.  This is not at all how a playlist should work right?

Is this functionality simply not there in MC10?  I have heard that MC11 is doing something different regarding playlists?  I guess I'll have to take a look.

Thanks for any suggestions.  I'm really having difficulty understanding why MC even has the 'Playlist' tree item if it doesn't act any differently than a 'view scheme'.  I'm not sure why you couldn't implement the items such as 'Recently Played' and 'Top Hits' under a view scheme isntead.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up