INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing issues w/.192  (Read 1448 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Syncing issues w/.192
« on: February 09, 2005, 06:47:26 pm »

Steve,

I had this same behavior with .190 and now with .192. Maybe even before. It is very aggravating.

In this case, I'm trying to sync a Creative Muvo N200, I've had similar problems with the iPod Photo, but when I synced the iPod photo w/.190, I did NOT have these problems.

So, w/.192 and the N200 --

First, I opened MC11 and then I attached the N200 -- the caused it to say "initializing device" forever and ever. It did finally (after 15-30 minutes) release and let me get on with things.

I both clicked "Handheld" then "Muvo N200" then "Synchronize" and later right-clicked on the Muvo N200 and selected Synchronize. I'm pretty sure I saw the same behavior either way.

I had to deselect all the playlists I use to sync the iPod, then select the playlist for the Muvo. Clicked options to click the Convert files (to WMA 128). Delete songs not selected was checked.

(The Muvo list is a Smartlist that grabs up to 600mb of songs based on a bunch of criteria).

Here's the first big problem. I could never sync it because it said that it was overfull by 300mb or so. I waited for it to recalculate, nada. I deselected everything and, at that point, it said there was 80mb free (this is a 512mb device).

So I synced this, which wiped out everything on the Muvo (since nothing was selected and I had chosen to delete songs not selected). Still, I only got 80mb free.

I had to close MC and reopen it. Then I was able to sync the Muvo.

In addition, throughout this whole process, I kept getting the "Files will be deleted are you sure?" message (this is the message that first showed up in recent builds that is about two sentences long and I think it is basically saying -- any files that are not on the list to be synced will be deleted from the device). This message came up over and over and over again and I had to keep clicking to get rid of it. This did NOT happen over the weekend when I synced the iPod photo w/.190.

Still a bit East to go. . .

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Syncing issues w/.192
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 06:48:24 pm »

Wow, I just noticed I became Galactic somewhere along the way.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 01:09:18 pm »

First, I opened MC11 and then I attached the N200 -- the caused it to say "initializing device" forever and ever. It did finally (after 15-30 minutes) release and let me get on with things.

I have seen this. It is related to the drivers for the Creative device. I am not familiar with the N200, but I presume it does not appear to your PC as a drive (like Muvo).

I had to deselect all the playlists I use to sync the iPod, then select the playlist for the Muvo. Clicked options to click the Convert files (to WMA 128). Delete songs not selected was checked.

Currently the selections are not per device. This may (and should)  change in the future.

Here's the first big problem. I could never sync it because it said that it was overfull by 300mb or so. I waited for it to recalculate, nada. I deselected everything and, at that point, it said there was 80mb free (this is a 512mb device).

Was there 80 mb free on the device?  In regards to the space calculation, this has just been totally reworked. Please retest after the next version is released today.,

So I synced this, which wiped out everything on the Muvo (since nothing was selected and I had chosen to delete songs not selected). Still, I only got 80mb free.

This behavior is correct except for the 80mb free. Please verify the available space with another application.

In addition, throughout this whole process, I kept getting the "Files will be deleted are you sure?"

Does this not give you an option to not to show it again?

Still a bit East to go. . .

I don't get it. To Eden????

Steve

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 01:26:02 pm »

Steve,

There was 512mb free on the Muvo -- it had been wiped clean, there was nothing on it.

In the first sync, all the songs selected to sync were different than the existing ones. With "delete songs not included" checked, this should have calculated that it would delete all the songs on the Muvo and then load all the songs in the playlist. This should have left about 15-20mb free I think, but instead it said "-304mb" -- that is, overbooked.

So I did a sync with nothing selected which did, in fact, wipe the Muvo clean. Even in MC, if I clicked on the Muvo device, it was blank as blank can be.

Then, of course, MC should have reported something close to 512mb free, but it did not. It reported 80mb free. Clearly untrue in reality.

And in fact, after closing and reopening MC and going through some shenanigans, I was able to load all the songs in the playlist onto the Muvo (about 495mb in the end, I think).

So, instead of a one click Sync operation, I had to click, delete all the songs, close MC and reopen (actually more than once because if the "initializing device" problem) and then load the songs. I don't think this is what you are aiming for!

BTW, the Muvo appears to MC (eventually), just the way the iPod does -- as a device. I haven't looked at how it appears to the PC outside of MC. Also, this is not the first time I have used the Muvo with MC and in previous versions, I did NOT have this "initializing device" forever and ever problem. That is new in .192 or thereabouts. (I think the last time I synced the Muvo I was on .184 or .186 or so).

Oh, and I know the selections are not per device yet, but I really, really want that, so I'm just putting in my plug  ;D

Thanks.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 09:17:42 am »

Could you try with 193?

Steve

njkyle

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 01:10:07 am »

This seems very simliar to one of the issues I was getting with my iPod today with MC 11/213.

Previously, I had about 15GB of music on a 20GB iPod. I initialized and tried to synch with MC 11/213 straight after installing, but it said I had -11GB available. (instead of the usual 3.8GB)

After I tried mistakenly to intall the iPod plug-in thinking that might be the problem, I could no longer access the iPod.   :(

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 12:56:10 pm »

njkyle,

For starters, reinstall MC 11 so you get the correct plugin and then update this. 

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up