INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fading bug again  (Read 1228 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Fading bug again
« on: February 28, 2005, 04:06:53 pm »

I’m getting tiered of talking about this, but up to now, I never get an answer (or even a statement of anyone else) for this.
I’m using fade out on stop since it was integrated in MC/MJ. But since it was integrated it hangs MC/MJ. First part is fixed (see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=21334.0), but during the fading process MC (and MJ) still freezes. Is it a bug just on my PCs, or is it anyone else? Are you going to fix it, perhaps?

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1791 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 353 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive X:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Y:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z: IDE     DVD-ROM 16X       Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive Y: SONY     CD-RW CRX1611      Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Fading bug again
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 04:36:28 pm »

During the actual fade, MC will not be responsive to user actions.  This is by design.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 04:57:46 pm »

Sounds like you are not going to change this...  :-\ So I have to please you to change it?! I'd like to please you to fix it.

It's just horrible: if I'm tagging new files, I have to listen to the song than press stop, wait for three seconds and than I can go on working. I know, I could turn of fade out or press pause or press next. But the bug stays.
Perhaps it's time to change the design a bit. I really love MC, but I cannot understand why on the one hand adding features more and more and on the other staying with this uncomfortable "design". It's like having a super-luxus Mercedes with an old VW-Käfer (Beetle) engine. Perhaps you should have a small glance to the winamp player engine. I don't know how it works, but for me it works perfektly. No hanging on fade, it supports video-audio fade and even with big Buffer (20 sec and more) I'm able to seek in real time.

At least: thanks for answering my question after this long time. I hope in a far future you will give a dignified designed engine to your excellent case.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 06:46:26 pm »

There's no need to stop playback for tagging with MC 11.  It tags in the background, and will finish up once a file is unlocked.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 06:55:44 am »

Sorry, you're absolutly right. But after tagging my files, I move them to another location and then I have to stop, because while playing I cannot move it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up