INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: future Tivo capability of slideshow with pics and music?  (Read 2443 times)

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
future Tivo capability of slideshow with pics and music?
« on: March 01, 2005, 04:16:02 pm »

From what you can see, will Tivo allow for the capability of a slideshow consisting of pictures and music simultaneously?

Watching pictures on the TV with no music seems so boring to me...  this would be a huge plus.  From what I have understood, this has been a Tivo limitation, not MC.

Rob.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: future Tivo capability of slideshow with pics and music?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:40:18 am »

It is a TiVo limitation.

Anyone know if their new product, TiVo2Go does this?

j

RobOK

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 11:34:49 am »

No I don't think so, Tivo2Go is more about getting vidoe off of the Tivo device itself.

I was asking the question because of comments you made about having to implement some new protocol (you made in the other thread about the recent Tivo OS upgrade).  I was thinking maybe they made some protocol upgrades that allowed for a multi-threading which would seem to be what you need. (or at least bi-threading, one for music and one for images).

I know they are expanding the capabilities of the Home Media with the SDK and they show a "slideshow" in one of their examples, but to them slideshow means pictures only.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 12:03:13 pm »

I don't think the new piece of the protocol has much to do with music and pictures at the same time. It's just an extension that gives meta data about a content object. Before, meta data was gotten via the container object.

I do wish they'd allow music and pics at the same time, as well as all the UPnP set top box manufacterers.

j

RobOK

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 05:21:02 pm »

I do wish they'd allow music and pics at the same time, as well as all the UPnP set top box manufacterers.

j

Are you saying the UPnP set top boxes DO currently allow this or DONT currently and you wish they did?

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 07:08:55 pm »

The release of the TiVo HME SDK theoretically allows for virtually any type of server-run application with any custom interface.  (See details of SDK at http://tivohme.sourceforge.net/?page=screenshots).

There are several developer-community-based applications being released that do things like show album art while selecting/playing music, control iTunes, etc.  This opens up the possibilities outside the HMO interface, and allows for a lot more flexibility and capabilities.  Take a look at the HME-specific board at TiVo Community (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=42) and the HME repository (http://hme.pvrblog.com/applications) for a glimpse of what's out there. 

All in all, it's pretty interesting.

-J

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 10:12:17 am »

Are you saying the UPnP set top boxes DO currently allow this or DONT currently and you wish they did?

I haven't found a UPnP box that will do pics and music at the same time.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up