INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.213 Beta Available  (Read 9393 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.213 Beta Available
« on: March 11, 2005, 06:13:28 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110213.exe

Important:  Please post only bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes

11.0.213 (3/11/05)

1. NEW: Added support for If(...), FixCase(...), and IsEqual(...) to expression evaluator.
2. Fixed: Installer would reinstall WM 9.5 on XP machines when it wasn't necessary.
3. Fixed: Database expressions can be used as columns in list controls. (still a work in progress)
4. Changed: Listed CD capacity for burning no longer takes multi-session overhead into account. 700MB disc is now listed as 700MB.

11.0.212 (3/11/05)

1. Fixed: In skins without a tree selection image, the focused / unfocused coloring was reversed.
2. Fixed: Tools that used encoders would not work properly. (ripping, burning, recording)
3. Fixed: Installation on Win2k would try to install Windows Media runtimes that were too new.
4. Fixed: Creating / renaming data burning CD folders would cause a crash.

11.0.211 (3/10/05)

1. Fixed: Pressing 'Back' on the toolbar above a webpage could cause MC to crash in some cases.
2. Fixed: Dropping files on a handheld view could cause a crash.
3. Changed: Showing track info pages with certain IE system sounds enabled could cause MC to play sounds when switching tracks.
4. Fixed: Switching skins would not properly update all views when using split views.
5. Fixed: Library field list in Options dialog could flicker when adding or removing fields.
6. Changed: Dropping files on an empty Playing Now Action Window honors the "Start playback when adding to Playing Now" option.
7. Fixed: In some cases, the on-screen display wouldn't stay on top of the current display.
8. NEW: Added option General > Behavior > Previous button to make the previous button work like a standard CD player.
9. NEW: Glass and Acajou Theater View skins work again.
10. Changed: Drop menus in Theater View use a width that matches the item they're dropping from.
11. Changed: Speed improvements for parsing mpl database file from Portable Devices.
12. NEW: Added Media Server program to start menu for running Library, TiVo, UPnP, etc. servers in the background.
13. NEW: Retooled database expression engine to be much more powerful. ( documentation here: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/DBExpressions.htm )
14. NEW: Installer downloads and installs Windows Media Format runtimes during install only if system isn't up to date.
15. NEW: Encoder and transcoder settings have been upgraded.
16. Fixed: Transcoder settings on UPnP Server, TiVo Server, and Library Server now allow quality selection, and choosing arbitrary encoders as the target.
17. Fixed: The latest TiVo (7.1) now works.
18. Fixed: Mime types are correctly assigned for UPnP Server.
19. Fixed: International characters work with UPnP Server and TiVo Server.
20. Fixed: Browsing deep with UPnP Server now works (known problem for Roku, maybe others).
21. NEW: When dragging items, MC shows an alpha blended representation along with the drag. (not available on Win9x)

11.0.205 (3/4/05)

1. Changed: Updated MP3 input plugin options to store information in the newer registry location. (old settings will need to be remade)
2. NEW: On W2K and XP, drags into the player support shell alpha drag images.
3. Changed: Ripped DVD files (VOB) would not play properly over Media Server. (requires Tools > Update Tags (from librayr) on VOB files)
4. Changed: Library import "Get cover art" only gets cover art for files just imported. (instead of trying to re-run the whole database)
5. Changed: Some static controls would show ampersands as underlines.
6. Fixed: CD information submission system could flicker when drawing the track name list.
7. NEW: View header slideshow images follow the current selection. (instead of being for any random file in the view)

11.0.201 (2/28/05)

1. Changed: Improved 'Cancel' functionality of import / update library system.
2. NEW: Enhanced CD view header to show more appropriate information for blank, data, and other non-audio disc types.
3. Fixed: CD drives would not show up in the tree. (introduced in 200)

11.0.200 (2/28/05)

1. Fixed: Media Center could fail to install in some cases on a clean machine.
2. Fixed: After a file conversion, tags would not be saved to the new file.
3. Fixed: Some dynamically filled submenus could disappear quickly after appearing.
4. Changed: Internal queue for Portables has been revised.
5. Fixed: When starting MC in Playing Now, the current playback track wouldn't be visible.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.213 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 07:15:50 pm »

Dell DJ plug-in v11.0.16 bugs HERE.

No one seems to read/support that forum (thread).  So, posting a link here.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 08:20:55 pm »

sbsp2,
The portable device forum is the correct place to post.  It is read regularly.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 09:08:25 pm »

1. Fixed: In skins without a tree selection image, the focused / unfocused coloring was reversed.

Almost got it, but it is now broke (reversed) everywhere else that tree coloring was used:

<TREE>
   <Colors Text="000000" Back="EDEAE4" SelectedText="FFFFFF" SelectedBack="FF0000" />
</TREE>

Checkout how Plug-In Manager highlights now when you select tree nodes on the left and you will see it's faded or washed out instead of the full SelectedBack color value (RED in this example).  Look at Options as well.

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 10:52:48 pm »

Library Server still doesn't work if authentication is enabled.

MC isn't releasing my burner after a burn.  I get "The parameter is incorrect" when trying to access the drive.  Have to shut down MC to use the drive again.

-----------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 11.0.213 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 308 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive D: SONY    DVD RW DRU-530A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD RW DRU-530A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 11:09:34 pm »

2. Fixed: Installer would reinstall WM 9.5 on XP machines when it wasn't necessary.

I don't think this is still working right. I already had Windows Media installed and it still installed the Windows Media Format runtime, again. Out of curiosity I reran the Media Center install and, wouldn't you know it, it reinstalled Windows Media Format.

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1593 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R9012  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R9012   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Handheld Device Not Working- Crash
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 11:44:52 pm »

The same problem as in this thread is present in .213

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26415.msg183100#msg183100

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 11:59:20 pm »

I don't think this is still working right. I already had Windows Media installed and it still installed the Windows Media Format runtime, again. Out of curiosity I reran the Media Center install and, wouldn't you know it, it reinstalled Windows Media Format.

What's the full version of wmvcore.dll in your system directory?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 01:35:58 am »

I have a slightly different but related problem.
I have XP Pro SP2, and I have WMP 10 and all patches/updates.
The install still downloaded the file 'wmfdist95' and tried to install.
Each time it trys to install the file I get an error that the file could not be installed. Then of course MC installation cancels.

I downloaded the file myself using the link Jim provided and installed it.
No problem with that and then MC installed normally.

My questions are:

If I have WMP 10 and it is current, why do I need to install anything?

If I can use the download link to retrieve the file and I can install it, why does it fail to install when it is downloaded/installed by the MC setup?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 01:43:48 am »

The installer worked properly for me I believe...

My initial version of wmvcore.dll was 10.0.0.3646.  The MC installer downloaded and installed the update, which pushed my version to 10.0.0.3650.  I re-ran the installer after allowing it to complete (I did open MC, and then close it), and the installer did not re-download/install the WM components.

Perhaps it would make sense to include the wmvcore version numbers in the System Info collector, if this is going to be something that MC will be checking on...

I have XP Pro SP2, and I have WMP 10 and all patches/updates.
I did too, but the version number was older...
If I have WMP 10 and it is current, why do I need to install anything?

I wondered this too ... This update doesn't show up in WindowsUpdate (unless it came out this past week I suppose), what is it and what does it do?  I assume that it provides some "backend" functionality that MC now relies upon for playback, but you know the story with assumption...

Code: [Select]

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1658 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 597 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: LITE-ON LTR-48246S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: LITE-ON LTR-48246S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-48246S         Addr: 1:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3500AG   Addr: 1:3:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 02:13:34 am »

I'm not 100% sure this is a bug, but I just noticed it and it is odd...

If you look at the system info I just posted in my last post, and compare the Ripping drive info to the Burning drive info, they don't match.  The burning drive info is correct.  For some reason, the Ripping drive info listed there (and in the Advanced Ripping Options panel inside MC) lists the Lite-On CDRW drive as both D and E.

Code: [Select]
Ripping /   Drive D: LITE-ON LTR-48246S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: LITE-ON LTR-48246S        Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-48246S         Addr: 1:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3500AG   Addr: 1:3:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

I hadn't noticed if this had happened previously or not.  However, when I attempted to use the drive to play an audio CD it reported that it had detected a CD in the drive but was unable to obtain (something ... sorry I closed it) and it recommended that I eject and re-insert the disc.  I tried this and it still gave me the error.

I rolled back to version 201 and the error went away (though the drive is still reported incorrectly in the System Info).  Then when I re-installed 213 the problem accessing the disc is gone (again, still reported wrong drive).  I am testing ripping a disc in the drive currently but it appears to be working correctly so far.

I did have a similar issue in the past where MC reported the wrong drive (just after I got this NEC drive I noticed it), but it was in both places.  It turned out I had the jumpers set wrong on a hard drive on the same channel (it was set to single disc instead of master), but when I corrected that the issue went away.  Plus, then the drive didn't work correctly from inside MC, whereas this time it does.  I am pretty darn sure that MC did report the drive correctly then (I can look up the date as I know I posted to this board then) as I was checking for it after I fixed the jumper thing.

EDIT:  It was January 30, 2005 - so whatever the version of 11 was then is what I was running, though I see that MC didn't then list the Ripping drive types separately back then... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25141.msg174774#msg174774

The disc just finished Ripping sucessfully, so the drive does work.  Weird....
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 03:37:43 am »

CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It should update the CUE files (text) directly.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. Think about this, its lost the cue traks, a fix of broken links removes these items.. A move is a basic operation, MC should not be droping the ball on this.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 07:22:18 am »

In Build 213 meets in action the Window at the bottom left hand corner any longer, it functions simply no more information  ? indicated in Build 212 goes it perfectly  :-\
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
Running Minimized To Tray- Won't Exit
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 07:38:17 am »

I run MC minimized to the tray 99% of the time.
I just noticed that I restored MC, clicked the exit button, and the MC icon is still in the tray. Clicking it does nothing. Task Manager shows Media Core as still loaded.

edbro

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 07:38:50 am »

The installer worked properly for me I believe...

My initial version of wmvcore.dll was 10.0.0.3646.  The MC installer downloaded and installed the update, which pushed my version to 10.0.0.3650.  I re-ran the installer after allowing it to complete (I did open MC, and then close it), and the installer did not re-download/install the WM components.
My wmvcore.dll is only at ver .3646 despite MC upgrading it with the ver 11.0.212 and the .213 installs. Each time it redownloads the redistributable. Just for kicks I reran the install for MC 11.0.213 after an initial successful install and it redownloaded/reinstalled the Windows Media files. Still, my wmvcore.dll is only at .3646.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 07:56:31 am »

CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It should update the CUE files (text) directly.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. Think about this, its lost the cue traks, a fix of broken links removes these items.. A move is a basic operation, MC should not be droping the ball on this.

does not know I confirm my mix to become no more played because the cue file the mp3 any longer does not find I must all mp3 or cue to adapt by hand that cannot be it nevertheless
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Imatation

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 08:20:12 am »

Can’t get v11.0.213 to install. This is the error message.

Failed to download from
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/redirects/MC/v11/redirect.pl?type=WMFInstaller95&productname=Media center&version=11.0201 Server returned: 0 Can Not continue with Media Center Installation

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 09:42:45 am »

And again an old Bug that is again there!  to importing with activated Cover from the InterNet freeze mce load to the import.  :(

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 09:52:48 am »

Convert Format does not reliably add the tag data to the create output files.

I did many test conversions from MP3 files (all properly tagged and recognized by MC11 - MC11 was used to tag the MP3 files in the first place with v1.1 tags only) to WMA files of varying VBR qualities.  Sometimes, MC11 copies all the tagged data properly to the WMA files.  Sometimes, MC copies no tagged data to the WMA files.  Sometimes, MC copied some of the tag data to the WMA files (but, not the track name in this example).

Also, for this testing, I used the same 3 MP3 files over and over to convert to varying VBR quality settings for WMA output files.  Restarting MC11 once and doing the coversions again seemed to 'fix' MC11, but when I did a test again without restarting MC11 the tags were missing again.  I used Update Library (from tags) and File Type Info window to verify indeed that the tag data was missing or incomplete (it was).

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 10:33:51 am »

What's the full version of wmvcore.dll in your system directory? Thanks.

c:\windows\system32\wmvcore.dll version 10.00.00.3650, dated 10/11/2004

edbro

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 11:31:17 am »

After ripping cds using Ape in secure mode MC will always report that the "ripped failed" despite showing a pop up message showing all tracks were "Completed OK - Quality 100%"

After a rip when it asks me to insert another cd or press close; if I press close with the cd still in the drive it says something like "cd ejected unexpectantly". Sorry, that's not the exact wording (despite my quotes) but it is something along those lines. In any case, the cd is still in the drive but MC complains about it being ejected, even though the rip is complete and successful.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005, 01:20:33 pm »

1.) In build 213 it isnt showing any tag infos at the bottom left within the action windows, in build 212 it still worked.
2.) Crash and or freeze after Cue file import, while Cue files don't find the pertinent mp3.
3.) MC11 doesnt write artist/title into the cue file.
4.) Rip in Ape format always as incorrectly indicated although it 100% ok are. 

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 06:04:59 pm »

After ripping cds using Ape in secure mode MC will always report that the "ripped failed" despite showing a pop up message showing all tracks were "Completed OK - Quality 100%"

This has been a bug that I've reported for some time and one that is present regardless of the encoder used.  When ripping is completed, the rip progress window displays:

Click "Close" and the following is displayed whether or not "eject cd after ripping" is enabled.:

The cd is ejected or not ejected appropriately.  It's the message for both cd ejection and ripping success that are wrong.

Media Center Registered 11.0.213 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2593 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1046 MB, Free - 408 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive K: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-712A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L: PLEXTOR CD-R   PREMIUM    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive K: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-712A     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive L: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2005, 06:10:17 pm »

I did some digging into Microsoft's documentation for the Windows Media Format redistributable (search MSDN for wmf95dist.exe). They show an example of how you would go about checking for the existance of the WMF redistributable, in the event you need to include the redistributable with your application. They have you check the value of this Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Microsoft\\MediaPlayer\\Setup\InstallResult.

Based on that, I checked the key's value in my Registry and found it set to 0 (zero). I know that last night's MC install downloaded and installed the WMF redistributable; I didn't think the value was correct. I changed it to 1 (one) and reinstalled MC (build 213). Lo and behold no download of the WMF redist! It's possible that the install isn't setting this key properly .

dazzadd99

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005, 06:22:26 am »

put the latest version on mc11.0.213 , it sent my netgear mp101 crazy! It (101) froze several times requiring power cycle, and kept loosing connection.  I re-applied firware (101) updated router firmware (netgear 834g) but still same problem.  Rolled back MC to version 11.0.196 and everything back to normal.......

ralphberner

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 10:58:34 am »

WMA-files are not played well since 11.0.212. MC takes long to buffer a new track and during playback it stops playing for seconds frequently.
All other formats i have are played well (mpc, ogg, flac, mp3).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005, 11:45:11 am »

I did some digging into Microsoft's documentation for the Windows Media Format redistributable (search MSDN for wmf95dist.exe). They show an example of how you would go about checking for the existance of the WMF redistributable, in the event you need to include the redistributable with your application. They have you check the value of this Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Microsoft\\MediaPlayer\\Setup\InstallResult.

Based on that, I checked the key's value in my Registry and found it set to 0 (zero). I know that last night's MC install downloaded and installed the WMF redistributable; I didn't think the value was correct. I changed it to 1 (one) and reinstalled MC (build 213). Lo and behold no download of the WMF redist! It's possible that the install isn't setting this key properly .

There is a problem using the registry key you mentioned. It would not update your WMF if your installation is of older version.

When you changed the value from 0 to 1, did MC install WMF or did not? I read that you said "no download of the WMF redist!", but that does not make sense. MC installer does not check this key until it tried to install WMF, that means after downloading and installing WMF. MC only checks the version of WMVCore.dll to determine whether downloading and installation of WMF is needed. If the version is older than what we have, we try to install.

By the way, the value of 0 in the registry you mentioned above means "SUCEEDED". By changing it to other value, you tell WMF that if has not succeeded. Thus WMF would install. That is what I guess what happened.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005, 01:49:03 pm »

Yaobing,

After I changed the registry key MC did not do another install of WMF.

Media Center performed a download/install of WMF the first time I installed build 213, and then, again, when I reinstalled 213 (right on top of the first install). It was that initial install that caught my attention since I already had Windows Media Player 10 installed. I didn't think I needed a WMF upgrade.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005, 06:00:15 pm »

MC11 has a problem drawing Mini view skin graphics.

I use the LowerLeft and LowerRight skins that worked fine in MC10.  With MC11, the blue buttons all initially draw 'blurred' (faint, muted and hard to tell what they are).  After you click a button, that button is drawn 'clearly' and can be read easily (like it should have been drawn in the first place).  I have observed this on three separate PCs and laptops and it is not a video driver problem.

Imatation

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 06:11:03 pm »

For it doesn’t matter if the value is set to one or zero, it tries and fails to install WMF then aborts the installation. I have WMP 10 installed as well.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2005, 07:57:38 pm »

Invert Selection hot-key does not work (Ctrl-Shift-A).

Mini View toolbar icon tooltip still says press Escape (should be Ctrl-2).

djp

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2005, 09:50:46 pm »

Mounting new CDs is now problematic. Most (but not all) of the time, loading a new CD gives the message: "Media Center has detecting a new CD in drive X: but can't get the correct volume information. Please try ejecting and reinserting the CD." Needless to say, following this advice doesn't help. Additionally, the CD in the drive in undetectable by any other software on the system (including the File Explorer). Running XP SP2, 11.0.213 (though I've seen it in 212 at least as well). Closing and opening Media Center permits detecting the already loaded CDs, but the problem will reappear if you load another CD.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2005, 10:03:50 pm »

put the latest version on mc11.0.213 , it sent my netgear mp101 crazy! It (101) froze several times requiring power cycle, and kept loosing connection.  I re-applied firware (101) updated router firmware (netgear 834g) but still same problem.  Rolled back MC to version 11.0.196 and everything back to normal.......

I'm using the mp101 at home, with no problems. I don't think this affects it, but make sure you are converting files to something the netgear understands (like mp3). Check your wireless? Try the advanced options on the server page.

j

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2005, 11:46:12 pm »

hey guys, its been a while since i've posted...

at the end of a tagging sequence a box pops up with a list of failed tags. if that list is long it falls off the end of the screen and theres no way to reach the 'okay' button (no scroll bar or excape button). i have to crash mc to get past it.

pip

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 12:59:16 am »

[=FileExists([Filename])]=0 --- Not working in latest build

bmustang

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 02:44:26 am »

Djp j'ai eu ce même probleme, je ne sais pas si cela est un bug? Mais pour éléminer ce problème... tu quittes MC et tu relances MC.

Mounting new CDs is now problematic. Most (but not all) of the time, loading a new CD gives the message: "Media Center has detecting a new CD in drive X: but can't get the correct volume information. Please try ejecting and reinserting the CD." Needless to say, following this advice doesn't help. Additionally, the CD in the drive in undetectable by any other software on the system (including the File Explorer). Running XP SP2, 11.0.213 (though I've seen it in 212 at least as well). Closing and opening Media Center permits detecting the already loaded CDs, but the problem will reappear if you load another CD.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 03:31:43 am »

Ctrl-A aka 'Select All' does not work anymore.  It still works in all my other programs but not 11.0.213.  Im pretty sure it worked before this or a few builds before this one.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

ulvatne

• Recent member
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 07:47:19 am »

Hi. Waiting every day for rel 11.0. Major bugs that mean that I won't use it already are:
- Media server does not work 100%. Client loads databse, but when trying to play mp3's it says that the file format is unsupported. This is regardsless if user authentication is turned off or on.
- Media Scheduler does not show the TV Channels when trying to record programs.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 10:02:12 am »

After a rip, show list link doesn't do it right away.
Click "Show List" - Brings up empty "Drives and Devices" - No list shown.
Nothing happens till you press "Close button"
Then List pops up, shows success, but action window now says:
The CD was ejected unexpectedly
Rip Failed

------------------------------------------------------------------
Multi-sets still fail (See note on last build - They will not show complete album = 1)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
While ripping 4th album in a row (Clueless - Track 10), MC crashed:

Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
for the inconvenience.
AppName: media center.exe    AppVer: 11.0.213.0    ModName: media center.exe
ModVer: 11.0.213.0    Offset: 0032ad37

MC still says "Writing Lead-out and closing session" for a long while (20
seconds) after it has ejected.
Can only see last ripped CD log in run of multiple ripped cds.  If I rip many CDs back to back, then click show log at the end, it only shows the last disc.

"Failed to import" - but didn't.  When updating my library, it showed something like 427 files added, failed to import 3.  When I looked at the log, the 3 it claims failed are present in my library.

Requests --------------------------------------------------------------
Show cover art after it is grabbed during ripping for longer than a spilt second. You often cannot tell if MC was able to find it or not.

Tivo server log shows errors - no problems caused, just misleading

RobotX

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 10:57:38 am »

Album Artist trasfer to Ipod no longer works.  My ipod is back to being a mess.  :'(

Under Handheld options: Configue remote and fixed drives for detection. I created one just to see what it did. When I right-click on the created link to delete it MC crashes everytime.

Synchronize didn't work for me. It would only transfer 400 or so songs out of almost 4000. I had to select transfer to ipod manually.

NumberEleventeen

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2005, 12:03:31 pm »

I got the install WMF thing too, but I don't have media player 10 installed. Tho I did have the last version of media center installed, so I had Windowsmedia support installed.

Also the installer wanted me to reboot for some mplayer2_fixup thing. Doin't know what that will do, but it's a media player, it shouldn't require a reboot. Isn't that a 9X thing, XP Should only ever ask to reboot when replacing drivers.
Everything works in media center without a restart.

It only has problems replacing the shell integration .dll, which I have turned off so it wasn't even loaded, and was easily replacable doing it manualy. I don't think that option should be on by default, doens't really add much if you assosicate files with media center.

GUI bug: Under options - general - behavior, playback and startup, the dropdown boxes are skinned wrong. They seem to use my taskbar colors, which are dark and make the text under it unreadable. Maybe it looks ok on default xp theme/colors, but not on other ones.

Note that all the other drop down boxes in the program are fine, they have a white background.. Just those custom ones look bad.

Another minor thing: Why have the media library expand button? It hides only the few view profiles you have.  Should just show the view profles on the far left, removing the media library button.

Also an option to automatically expand it would be nice, I thought one did that, but it didn't.. It was just for the auto expand on click thing (ala XP's Simple folder view option, why not name it the same?, a nice touch either way)

joel_cooche

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2005, 12:06:34 pm »

Since I updated from version 2.05 to 2.13, it is impossible to encode in WMA Lossless with all my software.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2005, 12:39:06 pm »

- Media server does not work 100%. Client loads databse, but when trying to play mp3's it says that the file format is unsupported. This is regardsless if user authentication is turned off or on.

Are you using conversion on the client? Go to tools->Options->Library

j

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »

MP3 CD is making different types of coasters with this one :-)
On one machine it doesn't burn at all. Just says burning is complete.
On my other machine it does do a burn however the CD just
contains files that have a MP3 Encoder extension.
When played these contain about the first ten seconds of play
and thats it.

I'm also having the mounting problem mentioned by someone else.
It seems to stop everything seeing CD's.
Also we seem to have lost the Erase CD option.

(hriZ

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2005, 02:30:59 pm »

Just tried burning a data CD of MP3s.  It appears to work, but neither MC nor Windows Explorer could see/view it.  It appeared that nobody could access the drive.  I put the CD in another PC and it looked ok (burned what I told it to).

So, back on the original PC I decided maybe MC has the drive in an inaccessable state.  I stopped MC and finally Windows Explorer could see the disk just fine.  So, I guess MC is 'locking' the drive or something and leaving it inaccessable.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2005, 04:38:55 pm »

Yes I had that message coming up before as well. Rip failed while the rip was 100% perfect.

The other thing - not so much a bug but still not quite right:

If I rip on two drives in parallel, the log shows the files all mingled together (probably in the order of completion. It would be much more helpful and easier to read, if it would show them sorted by drive

B

This has been a bug that I've reported for some time and one that is present regardless of the encoder used.  When ripping is completed, the rip progress window displays:

Click "Close" and the following is displayed whether or not "eject cd after ripping" is enabled.:

The cd is ejected or not ejected appropriately.  It's the message for both cd ejection and ripping success that are wrong.

Media Center Registered 11.0.213 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2593 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1046 MB, Free - 408 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive K: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-712A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L: PLEXTOR CD-R   PREMIUM    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive K: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-712A     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive L: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PREMIUM     Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes

Pages: [1]   Go Up