INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.205 Beta Available  (Read 13584 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.205 Beta Available
« on: March 04, 2005, 05:18:21 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
[pulled by JimH for CD burning problems]

Important:  Please post only bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes

11.0.205 (3/4/05)

1. Changed: Updated MP3 input plugin options to store information in the newer registry location. (old settings will need to be remade)
2. NEW: On W2K and XP, drags into the player support shell alpha drag images.
3. Changed: Ripped DVD files (VOB) would not play properly over Media Server. (requires Tools > Update Tags (from librayr) on VOB files)
4. Changed: Library import "Get cover art" only gets cover art for files just imported. (instead of trying to re-run the whole database)
5. Changed: Some static controls would show ampersands as underlines.
6. Fixed: CD information submission system could flicker when drawing the track name list.
7. NEW: View header slideshow images follow the current selection. (instead of being for any random file in the view)

11.0.201 (2/28/05)

1. Changed: Improved 'Cancel' functionality of import / update library system.
2. NEW: Enhanced CD view header to show more appropriate information for blank, data, and other non-audio disc types.
3. Fixed: CD drives would not show up in the tree. (introduced in 200)

11.0.200 (2/28/05)

1. Fixed: Media Center could fail to install in some cases on a clean machine.
2. Fixed: After a file conversion, tags would not be saved to the new file.
3. Fixed: Some dynamically filled submenus could disappear quickly after appearing.
4. Changed: Internal queue for Portables has been revised.
5. Fixed: When starting MC in Playing Now, the current playback track wouldn't be visible.

11.0.199 (2/25/05)

1. Fixed: Log file would not open properly in some editors.
2. Fixed: When first switching to a view, the file list would not always be scrolled to the top.

11.0.198 (2/24/05)

1. Fixed: Playlists SDK access would not show smartlists.
2. Fixed: Queued CD files would not show up properly until "Show files in subfolders" was selected.
3. Fixed: Renaming / deleting data burn folders could cause a crash in some cases.
4. Fixed: File deletions from Portables would not always delete correctly.
5. Fixed: MC would not create iRiver 140 playlists with the correct path.
6. Fixed: Mass Storage type device track deletion would not always be reflected correctly in the view.
7. Fixed: Occasional substantial delays after synchronization to portables.
8. Fixed: Message regarding 'Files already on Portable will be removed from queue" will occur only once per session unless directed to not show again ever.
9. Fixed: TV would lock up in previous build.
10. Fixed: Portable Progress AW 'Cancel' could overwrite other parts of window.
11. Fixed: Delete / Shift+Delete to delete images while watching a slideshow was not functioning.
12. Fixed: Import / Synchronize of the database would remove CUE file entries as if they were broken links.
13. NEW: Added new debug logging configuration dialog -- access in Help menu.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.0.205 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 11:46:16 pm »

3. Changed: Ripped DVD files (VOB) would not play properly over Media Server. (requires Tools > Update Tags (from librayr) on VOB files)

This still isn't working for me.  I deleted a couple of movies from the library.
Went to the folder via windows explorer.  Right click the folder and choose Media Center>Import.  It imports into the library fine.  The movie will play fine on the MC computer with the local library and local files.

Connect to Library Server with a client.  Select that newly imported movie.  Right click and either choose play or add to playing now.  Get same error message as before.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 11:54:47 pm »

*CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It is preferrable that it not complain about this like with WAV or video files.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. The big file the CUE tracks are associated with is not lost. 

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 12:28:41 am »

I've noticed this in the last few builds...

If you import tracks etc. with a certain "folder.jpg" as cover art (in my case, in the artist/album folder where the tracks are), the Library Browser acquires thumbnails of this image.

If you subsequently change the image file, the thumbnail in Library Browser doesn't change to reflect the new image.

Is there some function which I'm missing which will rebuild the thumbnails in Library Browser, or is this a buglet?

Update:

I removed all thumbnails using the Options menu, and when I next used Library Browser, ir must have rebuilt the thumbnails, which now reflect the changed images...

Cheers
Rob

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 07:44:54 am »

MC crashes when i try to drop a file from playing now (or any other location) to the handheld player window.

Even closing the handheld window by clicking the X crashes MC!
I first uninstalled MC, then did an install of version 11.0.205.

Handheld is configured as a folder on my local drive e: in Tools/Options/Handheld.

Media Center Registered 11.0.205 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1512 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 319 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 08:26:27 am »

If you hit next track while playback is stopped MC does not advance to the next track.  Is this a bug or an intended feature of MC11?
JLee

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 09:15:28 am »

ocenter

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 07:29:55 pm »

Songs that have always been in the library are now missing their names. It's pretty random, some artists have one or two names missing and others have whole albums.

cmonache

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 11:29:47 pm »

Hello,

I am currently using your media center 11.0.196. I store all of my music in WAV format and use your Fill Properties from Filename in order to build my library stucture.

My reason for writing this response is that I have never been able to get the cover art to fuction correctly when doing an import. These are the steps I follow:

1. I import all of my WAV files
2. I run the Fill Properties from Filename
3. I then run the import function again use the Retrieve album art from Internet
4. It appear to find many cover art files and stores them under C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Data\Cover Art
5. If I highlight a file in the media library it does not display the cover art
6. If I right click on the song and select Image -> Add from file I can properly set the cover art

Is there a way to make this work correctly when I do the automated import?

Additionally I found two more problems with cover art:

1. If the artist name starts with a number (ex. 10,000 maniacs, 10cc, 60 ft dolls, 311 etc) it does not find the cover art in an internet search
2. I have lots of soundtracks on my system. Using the Fill Properties from Filename it puts the files in the followiing folders:

Music Library 1
          American Beauty
          Blues Brothers
          Star Wars

The cover art seach does not work because the program considers Music Libary 1 the artist name. This causes a no match.

I would like to get this working so let me know what information you need!

Thanks,

Chris

cmonache

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 01:44:26 am »

Hello,

I upgraded to 11.0.205. This seems to be doing a better job with holding the cover art. But I am still having problems with the following:

1. If the artist name starts with a number (ex. 10,000 maniacs, 10cc, 60 ft dolls, 311 etc) it does not find the cover art in an internet search
2. I have lots of soundtracks on my system. Using the Fill Properties from Filename it puts the files in the followiing folders:

Music Library 1
          American Beauty
          Blues Brothers
          Star Wars

The cover art seach does not work because the program considers Music Libary 1 the artist name. This causes a no match.

Thanks,

Chris

cmonache

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 04:09:43 am »

Hello,

Okay now I am using the lose setting for finding cover art and this seems to be doing a better job with holding the cover art. But I am still having problems with the following:

1. I have lots of soundtracks on my system. Using the Fill Properties from Filename it puts the files in the followiing folders:

Music Library 1
          American Beauty
          Blues Brothers
          Star Wars

2. Is there a way to control the cover art search? Some Artist Names and Album names are a little different from what is in the cover art library. Is there a way to get like matches?

Thanks,

Chris

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 06:07:21 am »

Hello,

You can search the forums for 'cover art' and/or 'folder.jpg'
There are many, many threads on this topic.
Also, look at the 3rd party plugin forum. There are cover art plugins that you can use.

Is anything going to go find cover art if you have named them 'Music Library 1'? No. I have no soundtracks, but I do see that sometimes they are by movie name, sometime they are named OST- whatever, but you'd think that a search on 'American Beauty' for example would at least give you the choice of the soundtrack.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 11:33:35 am »

This is posted in reply to a thread on MP3 syncing too. But since it is with 205, I wanted to put it here. Didn't happen with the last build.

When I try to use 'Drives & Devices' and choose the entry for my share, I get nothing listed. If I try 'Send To' I will either get no response or MC crashes.

Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   Application Error
Event Category:   None
Event ID:   1000
Date:      3/7/2005
Time:      1:26:18 AM
User:      N/A
Computer:   ISS7X7
Description:
Faulting application media center.exe, version 11.0.205.0, faulting module media center.exe, version 11.0.205.0, fault address 0x001c50e4.

Faulting application media center.exe, version 11.0.205.0, faulting module media center.exe, version 11.0.205.0, fault address 0x000a69e0.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 03:34:20 pm »

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 04:06:50 pm »

File Deletion (off the hard drive) causes MC to crash.

1.  from the Library Browswer causes MC often, but not always, to simply disappear.

2. from the Drives & Devices tree further below, get a Microsoft crash dialog.

In both cases I am deleting multiple files and directories completely off the hard drive.  This is repeatable, not a fluke.

thanks,.

Media Center Registered 11.0.205 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2989 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 261 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1584 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1580 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8483B   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8483B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 05:00:53 pm »

The lateste builds behave generally very well for me, but:

1) Fault:  Blanks are added between and after words in the search field when one of the tracks in the search result is double-clicked  (reported before with a less specific description  for .183 and .184)

2) Fault or wish?: Search criteria filters both panes in split view, This may be by design, but to me it seems much better if it only affects the active window. If there are different opinions about this, maybe the choice could be a "Tree and veiw" option to be set by the user.

cattani

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Come to Black Sea !!! Constanta !!!
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 07:34:18 pm »

old bug i think

When i Clear My Library, my field setting don`t remain.

Mc 11 ask me to restore field to default, i chose NO but my customize field gone.
Fii optimist si asteapta imposibilul !!!

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 08:35:51 pm »

Tried ripping Sting - Brand New Day and MC crashes - blue screen of death under XP.  This is an ordinary CD but has an addtional Video track at the end of this directory.  Maybe that's why...

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2005, 08:44:38 pm »

It seems there's a problem with the CD burner.  I was surprised when a CD with 17 tracks finished the entire burn in less than a minute.  So I pop out the CD and take it to a home cd changer.  It played every song just fine....for 3 seconds, then it skips to the next song.  I tried the cd on the computer, and got the same problem.  It only burned the intros.  I looked everywhere and didn't find a way to "turn off" this "feature".   Is this really a bug?  If so..."whoooo hoooo!  I finally found a bug!"

geisiqve

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 07:13:40 am »

Hi
It s have been nice if the version number had been updated in “About Media Center” after a update with “check for updates”

Geir  :)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 11:47:53 am »

Like MC 10, MC 11 has this same UI drawing bug:

The highlight bar in the Org Tree (left) is backwards in color depending on the Focus.  When Focused, it's dim...when not focused it's bright.  If you follow all the other windows, you'll see what I mean (when focused and not focused).  This very confusing when trying to figure out which window actually has the focus.

marcusaschneider

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 01:14:54 pm »

It seems there's a problem with the CD burner.  I was surprised when a CD with 17 tracks finished the entire burn in less than a minute.  So I pop out the CD and take it to a home cd changer.  It played every song just fine....for 3 seconds, then it skips to the next song.  I tried the cd on the computer, and got the same problem.  It only burned the intros.  I looked everywhere and didn't find a way to "turn off" this "feature".   Is this really a bug?  If so..."whoooo hoooo!  I finally found a bug!"

Exactly the same behaviour with me. I already reported this in a different thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26224.0.

Marcus

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 02:07:15 pm »

When loading my movie library (containing approx 150 movies) and hitting library browser, MC shuts down after approx 30 seconds without any notice.

Then, when opening MC again, this error message appeared:

"Failed to load the file associations file. This is a fatal error, so the program must close. Please reinstall the latest version of the program to fix this problem.
Path: F:\Programs\JRiver\MediaCenter11\Data\Default Resources\FileAssociations XML
Version: Unknown"

Jesper.

Media Center 11.0.205 -- F:\Programmer\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2537 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 199 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-1300A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 02:12:13 pm »

When loading my movie library (containing approx 150 movies) and hitting library browser, MC shuts down after approx 30 seconds without any notice.

Then, when opening MC again, this error message appeared:

"Failed to load the file associations file. This is a fatal error, so the program must close. Please reinstall the latest version of the program to fix this problem.
Path: F:\Programs\JRiver\MediaCenter11\Data\Default Resources\FileAssociations XML
Version: Unknown"

Jesper.

Media Center 11.0.205 -- F:\Programmer\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2537 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 199 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-1300A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes

Hi Jesper.

Is that file there?  If so, could you email it to matt @ jriver.com?

Thanks.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 02:47:40 pm »

While searching for the Split View hot-keys, I found some hot keys are wrong:

Ctrl-2 does mini-me (not Escape as the tooltip says).  No more Ctrl-E?
Ctrl-3 does Windowed view

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2005, 03:22:09 pm »

While searching for the Split View hot-keys, I found some hot keys are wrong:

Ctrl-2 does mini-me (not Escape as the tooltip says).  No more Ctrl-E?
Ctrl-3 does Windowed view

These are the new hotkeys for MC 11.  The help file will be updated before the final release.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2005, 04:06:57 pm »

These are the new hotkeys for MC 11.  The help file will be updated before the final release.

Ok...then the bug is the Tooltip for the Mini View toolbar icon (it says press Escape).

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2005, 04:09:08 pm »

Hi Jesper.

Is that file there?  If so, could you email it to matt @ jriver.com?

Thanks.

Hi Matt,
It is hard to say which file the problem is about, as MC simply started with this error message when reopening MC - not while attempting to play any file.

Concerning the shutdown prior to that, MC was collecting pictureicons for all the movies, as I had entered the library browser. Again, I cannot tell what specific file (if any) the problem is about, as it just shut down during this lengthy action of gathering these picture icons in the browser.

If there is a way to find a file, which could be causing this, I will be happy to give it a go.

Jesper.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2005, 04:30:49 pm »

do i understand the functions of the library correctly? remove duplicates wont remove a duplicate if only the track number within the playlist is different?

i think it would be better if "remove duplicates" mainly checks the artis name, and song title.

In the Media center on start and the left to the Media center web page are wrongly linked there!   

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2005, 05:42:14 pm »

I get the same problem as Xstatic.

Sometimes MC crashes while its building the video thumbnails, sometimes it finishes building then crashes when I try to scroll. I've taken to keeping the videos in detail view and it hasn't happened since.

For me this started ages ago and I mentioned it in a thread, can't remember which build but never had a reply anyway so I've just stuck to detail view ever since.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2005, 06:34:47 pm »

Hi Matt,
It is hard to say which file the problem is about, as MC simply started with this error message when reopening MC - not while attempting to play any file.

Concerning the shutdown prior to that, MC was collecting pictureicons for all the movies, as I had entered the library browser. Again, I cannot tell what specific file (if any) the problem is about, as it just shut down during this lengthy action of gathering these picture icons in the browser.

If there is a way to find a file, which could be causing this, I will be happy to give it a go.

Jesper.

Enable all logging in MC > Help > Configure Debug Logging.  Tell it to log to a file.

Then run the program.  After the crash, grab the log and email it to matt @ jriver.com

Thanks.

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2005, 10:09:31 pm »

Exactly the same behaviour with me. I already reported this in a different thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26224.0.

Marcus

So far that's two.   I just changed all kinds of options and ended up making 3 more coasters.  More info...
I'm using this build of MC
I'm buring FLAC to CD (it worked just fine in MC 9)
No changes to hardware or software (drivers and whatnot) since MC9
Running XP Pro on an AMD Athlon 1.3GHz, 512 MB Ram, 3 GB free space on drive that is for temporary audio file storage

Could someone please confirm that JRiver is aware of this?  Or if there's more information I need to provide, let me know.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2005, 09:06:40 am »

When I hit tools, options, video playback settings, this happens:

I am asked whether or not I want to use windows mediaplayer engine for playback. After hitting yes or cancel to that, I return to the general options overview, and do not continue to the actual video playback settings - as I gather that there are more settings than just choosing windows mediaplayer or not?

Jesper.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2005, 10:03:14 am »

When I hit tools, options, video playback settings, this happens:

I am asked whether or not I want to use windows mediaplayer engine for playback. After hitting yes or cancel to that, I return to the general options overview, and do not continue to the actual video playback settings - as I gather that there are more settings than just choosing windows mediaplayer or not?

Jesper.

That is the video playback options dialog.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2005, 10:04:28 am »

So far that's two.   I just changed all kinds of options and ended up making 3 more coasters.  More info...
I'm using this build of MC
I'm buring FLAC to CD (it worked just fine in MC 9)
No changes to hardware or software (drivers and whatnot) since MC9
Running XP Pro on an AMD Athlon 1.3GHz, 512 MB Ram, 3 GB free space on drive that is for temporary audio file storage

Could someone please confirm that JRiver is aware of this?  Or if there's more information I need to provide, let me know.

The FLAC plugin doesn't correctly report file length for burning.  Hopefully the author of the plugin will fix it soon.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2005, 12:53:35 pm »

Bump.   Just making sure you saw that playing VOB files via Library Server still isn't working for me.

Error again is "Media Center encountered errors playing the last several files.
Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location".

Here's what debug shows:

7:58:57 PM: General: CompactMemory: Compact Time (ms): 0
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Start
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Getting actual playback track
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Processing play for 'm01p://192.168.0.10:4900/F^3a^5cdvd^5cTroy^5cVIDEO_TS^5c^5cVTS_01_1^2edvd^3b1'
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Updating internal track info
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Updating mixer
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Updating filename
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Checking allow actions
7:59:02 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Playing: m01p://192.168.0.10:4900/F^3a^5cdvd^5cTroy^5cVIDEO_TS^5c^5cVTS_01_1^2edvd^3b1 / vob
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Finish
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Start
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Checking for time-shifting
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Firing stop to playback engine (actual: 1)
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating playback state
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Clearing display info
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating statistics
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating UI
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Applying database changes
7:59:03 PM: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Finish

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2005, 06:40:42 pm »

Is it just me or is the irritating "Saving Database..." pause back with a vengance with this last build?

I can barely get a single file tagged without having to wait an eternity for the "Saving Database" process to finish with the UI to MC completely frozen meanwhile.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

alias

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2005, 07:15:04 am »

I posted this bug about 30 builds ago and I am still having probs.

Have started to rip my DVD collection as single large vob (4.5GBish) files. Drag them into MC and tag them and add an image. When I play them they start fine but after around 15mins the video stops and soon afterwards MC stops responding. Task Manager indicates MC hovering between 50 and 75% proc util and memory is around 75megs when MC hangs but rises quickly and will run into the 100's if let.

I have had the issue on WinXP SP1 & 2 and WinXP MC SP2. I have also tried WinDVD, TheatreTek and NVDVD decoders. The WinXP MC is a fresh install. WinDVD and TheatreTek plays the vobs fine through their own GUI.

System Specs
Intel P4 3.0Ghz
1GB DDR Ram (2x512)
Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB
36.6GB Raptor 10k HDD

ofacuseh

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2005, 10:03:32 am »

Hi, This is my first time here, i dont know the rules or anything.
I really like this program and i'm very happy with it.

I just wanted to ask about the crossfade option for the cd burning, somehow its not working, i usually have it in 5 second crossfade mix, before was working, a few betas after suddently stop working even if its says its on.

I also notice that the auto hide menu for the pluggins its not complete, i cant see the menu option anymore, only the 2 arrows to change the pluggins, is not gonna be anymore a right click to choose 50/50 display betwen the cover and the now playing window?

Thnaks a lot, i hope i'm doing this right.

Oscar.

Quixote

• World Citizen
Smartlist- Rename Files Crash Bug(s)
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2005, 03:36:15 pm »

100% Replicatable for me...

I've got a Smartlist that looks for Exact Duplicates (except Bit-Rate) of files from when I was downsampling a bunch of files [Convert Audio].  Media Center didn't do a replace (Bug?), it just did a create new.  And basically appended a "(1)" to the new file name.  Below is the Smartlist.

[Media Type]=[Audio] ~dup=[Artist],[Name],[Album],[Filename (path)],[Track #]

which gives me a list like:

|Track #|Name|Bitrate|Filename|
|4|Daydream|128|...Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream (1).mp3|
|4|Daydream|160|...Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream.mp3|
|7|Here It Comes Again|128|....Fortunes - Here It Comes Again (1).mp3|
|7|Here It Comes Again|160|....Fortunes - Here It Comes Again.mp3|

In the smartlist I select the file(s) that I don't want the duplicates of and then delete with "Remove from Library and send to Recycle Bin".  **Important (I think) ** The smartlist still keeps the now non-dup file(s), because it hasn't refreshed (which is good). Then I do a "Rename Files from Properties..." on the those non-dup files(s).

When I used the parameters

[FileArtist] - [FileTitle]   <---My own tags

or

[Name] - [Artist]

Media Center still leaves the "(1)" at the end of the file name.  It's almost like Media Center is being a little too smart, knowing that I had a file there with the name I'm trying to rename the file to (Bug?).  So I tried a different scheme using the following parameters

#[Track #] [FileArtist] - [FileTitle]

Crash.  Microsoft Error report.  The nice thing is that the rename process still continues, but the Library doesn't get updated.  It's almost like when the screen/smartlist is trying to refresh, there's a problem with the files that shouldn't actually be in the smartlist.

Lemme know if you need more details.

Thanks.

edbro

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2005, 07:40:58 pm »

MS *.wvx files do not play in MC. I believe they are a redirect to a wmv file. When I load it in MC by doubleclicking on the file, MC does nothing. If I try to load it by using File Open, MC gives the "Please select file to play" dialog. Opening the file in Windows Media Player loads the video and plays it fine.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2005, 07:42:39 pm »

Dell DJ plug-in v11.0.07:

The plug-in aborts the synchronize (upload) when it reaches a track that is currently playing in MC11.  This is a bug.

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2005, 02:30:41 am »

I haven't upgraded for a while, but need a fairly recent beta to help with my new Karma (judging by other posts about it).

Will 206 be long, or is there any way i could get hold of 204?

Thanks....

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2005, 04:09:06 am »

201 was the previous build. ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110201.exe

I am currently using 196 because 198 - 200 had problems and 201 didn't offer anything new and usefull for me. ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110196.exe
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2005, 04:15:49 am »

Much obliged!

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2005, 08:24:02 am »

Jim/Matt

With this MC version 205, we have problems with translation to other languages, like this topic:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23840.0

Can you help me? ?

Tks!

Alweb

iamjamesduncan

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2005, 09:49:34 am »

Hi Matt & Jim... I wanted to try the beta version.  I see the prices but I can not find a link to download it.  Can you post the link?

Thanks!

James

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2005, 10:34:32 am »

It isn't available right now.  The build was pulled.  Please wait for the next build.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »

Dell DJ plug-in v11.0.07:

a) When building a Playlist on the DJ, drag-and-drop of tracks from the DJ's Album, Artist or Genre list assumes 'copy' instead of 'add to playlist'.  You are forced to use the right-click menu and choose 'Add to Playlist'.  Drag-and-drop would be nice too...assuming 'copy' cause problems because the tracks are already on the DJ and the Playlist is not updated (as you'd expect).

b) Disconnecting the DJ while MC11 is displaying DJ files (any node) cause MC11 to crash (everytime).

c) Does the DJ not support 'removing' tracks from a Playlist without deleting the entire track from the DJ itself?  I can not find a way to edit a playlist and remove tracks (only add).  (this may be a DJ firmware limitation)

d) When viewing Albums node (on DJ) in MC11, the albums are not sorted in track # order...as the DJ will play them in that order.  When making playlist via MC11, this make it hard because you have to remember to always click the Track # column heading in MC11 prior to adding the tracks to a Playlist (on the DJ).

Iridescence

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2005, 01:18:10 pm »

-I have been trying to use this and love the much faster tagging, but:
-The program crashes very often. I get one of the windows errors where it asks if you want to debug or close the program (debugging doesn't do any good).
While tagging files is much faster in this version importing files seems much slower with this version.
-The directX player doesn't work properly and the "windows media setting" works but won't  change the aspect ratio for things shot in widescreen.(had this problem wil MC10 too although it used to work properly until a couple of months ago).
-The DFX plugin sounds staticy sometimes with this

Athlon 1.6 Ghz 1024 MB Ram. Windows XP Service pack 2

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up