INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11.0.306 problem after image import  (Read 1165 times)

punkbot

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC11.0.306 problem after image import
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:30:45 pm »

After upgrading to this build, I imported some new image files, tried to look at them (just list not play) and MC promptly crashed.  Restarting it only seemed to make things worse as after a few ore crashes, the app would crash after several actions - any actions.  I tried reinstalling, and then MC wouldn't even launch.  I tried uninstalling and the whole pc hung.  (I should note a few reboots in here as well.)  After another reboot, I was able to uninstall the app.  I tried reinstalling and it hung trying to setup the UPnP Server.  Another reboot, uninstall, and then download and install 11.0.305 build.  This version at least installed and ran but completely lost my settings.  >:( However, it took about 2 minutes to crash again as everytime I tried to reset my DVD Playback options, the app crashed again.

Where I can I get 285 or 299 or whatever the last good build was?

Incidentally, check out some things called the unhandled exception filter and the __try, __except statement.  You can always catch asynchronous C exceptions from anywhere in your program using them... and prevent a stupid bug from bringing down the whole application.  Additionally, check out the minidump APIs (DBGHELP.DLL) so you can generate a report and get the actual callstack for problems like these...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11.0.306 problem after image import
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 06:58:55 am »

Please try restoring your license.  Details are here:

www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC11.0.306 problem after image import
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 08:07:30 am »

... Where I can I get 285 or 299 or whatever the last good build was? ...

The latest public build is always in the main MC download page:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

It is currently 11.0.297.

JRiver moves newer builds there after they have found to be stable and well behaving enough. That cannot be exact science. Naturally the public build does not contain all the latest and possibly important fixes. On the other hand, the new fixed builds introduced here in the release thread unfortunately can brake something unexpected.

I can't help with your instability issues because I am not experiencing anything similar. If the problems don't go away try to post more details and your system info too. Also, you could check this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26917.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up