INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monkey's audio library and iPod  (Read 2091 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Monkey's audio library and iPod
« on: March 09, 2005, 01:27:38 pm »

Hi,

I will soon be getting a iPod mini 6GB. I currently have all my 300 CDs ripped to hard-drive which I manage using Media Center 10 (173 version). All of these CDs are encoded using Monkey's audio loseless format. I would like to synchronize the most use CDs/songs to my iPod mini. I was curious what is the best way to go about doing this?

Does Media Center have a feature about synchronizing with iPod where it converts files from one format to another while updating to iPod? I have never used a Portlable Digital Player with MC before so any tips about how to do this will be greatly appreciated!!

thanks,
Osho

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re: Monkey's audio library and iPod
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 02:58:28 pm »

Yes, you can convert all files while you are syncronizing the iPod. Just tell it what format you want it to use and what quality. It will take longer this way, though. If you've got the disk space, you might want to just make a duplicate of your library converted to MP3 and then just sync the iPod from there. Depends how often you will be changing stuff on the iPod whether times makes much of a difference to you.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 11:59:40 am »

Thanks for the reply tlongacre.

Steve

Catul

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 01:52:33 pm »

I wrote about problems with file conversion / MP3 encoding in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26299.0   If I sync to the iPod with the option to convert non-MP3 files (I have some MPC files), the sync hangs every time.  Same thing if I select the option in TiVo server to convert files to say, 128k bitrate MP3's.

It was mentioned in that thread that MP3 conversion is broken - is that not the case?

Catul

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 07:33:45 am »

Please ignore my message - build 213 fixes all encoding problems, great stuff!!  I have a question about the MP3 encoder that I will post in the other thread...

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 10:29:50 am »

Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate this.

Is this a functionality that is only available in MC 11? I have MC 10 and would prefer to move to MC 11 only after it is out of beta.

Also for MC10, I could not find a ipod plug-in on the plugins page. I did find an ipod plugin for MC 9.1 but none for MC10. Currently, MC10 doesn't even recognize this 6GB iPod mini (which is supposed to be version 2 - I think).

thanks,
Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 10:43:43 am »

Yes, you can convert all files while you are syncronizing the iPod. Just tell it what format you want it to use and what quality. It will take

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone please educate me as to how to synchronize with iPod using MC10. I read the online help but nothing it it helped and the web site that the manual referred to (for iPod) no longer exists.

thanks,
Osho

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 11:17:38 am »

You don't need a plug-in with MC11.  It's part of the program.

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 04:56:19 pm »

Osho,

We have about three threads going here. Lets pursue any issues in one of the others and close this one.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up