INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shoutcast question  (Read 606 times)

ddaro

• Recent member
shoutcast question
« on: March 11, 2005, 02:10:54 pm »

I know this topic has been covered in the past but with ver 11 coming out thought I would ask the question again. Can MC open a shoutcast link from shoutcast.com or from some web page with a shoutcast link? I'm asking because it seems to still be a bit of an issue in build 11.0.25. Not only does it not work but it ofen hangs MC. I'm able to wake it up by simply selecting the process but its goes way out there at times. If I'm lucky MC simply does nothing. Should this be working or are there still issues here?

To date I've been digging up the proper link and creating a playlist but its a bit round about for something that should be pretty quick and easy. As others have pointed out the url is not always that obvious from a web page. Often I'll open the stream in winamp just to capture the url from the file properties (copy) then open the url in MC (paste) and then create a playlist. Like I said, round about way of getting there when I would kind of expect it to be a one or two click process: play it, save it.

I hate to be critical without a positive note... I've upgraded to 11 mostly because I love MC and want to support it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up