INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audioscrobbler runtime error  (Read 751 times)

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
Audioscrobbler runtime error
« on: March 11, 2005, 05:58:08 pm »

A couple of months ago I installed the Audioscrobbler plugin for MCv10.0.173. Since then, it's worked very well, with 2000+ tracks submitted to audioscrobbler.com. The other day, however, I changed the 'filetypes that MC sends audioscrobbler' from "mp3" to "mp3; flac". Perhaps i got the syntax wrong, because next time I opened MC i got a runtime error. I deleted the two audioscrobbler dll files from the plugin dir and MC opened fine. But I haven't been able to reinstall the audioscrobbler plugin, no matter what i try (eg. deleting all 'scrobbler' related keys etc. from registry). Everything I do creates the same runtime error.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get the audioscrobbler plugin to function properly again? I think what I need to do is to take the "; flac" from the 'audioscrobbler filetypes' but I have no idea how to do so (if I install the plugin with MC open and then click on Plug-ins > Audioscrobbler i get an instant runtime error and MC closes).

Thanks for any assistance, Matty.

sime_george

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Audioscrobbler runtime error
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 03:53:43 am »

It stores properties in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Data\audioscrobbler.ini
(or wherever your MC root directory is)

You could try deleting that file prior to installing the plugin.

Haven't had this problem myself - let me know if the above fixes it.

S

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Audioscrobbler runtime error
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 06:44:45 pm »

Oh of course! Silly me.. I never thought to think of there being an .ini file in \Data. All that was needed was to remove the space from inside the .ini file (to Filetypes=mp3;flac).

Thanks so much, Simon. I will be forever indebted to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up