INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center database corrupts frequently  (Read 1524 times)

Tuckers

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Media Center database corrupts frequently
« on: March 13, 2005, 01:23:43 am »

I have used Media Center 10 and the 11 betas and in both the music Database corrupts if the computer is turned off without exiting Media Center.  This can be a crash, or just an accidental turn off.  It happens almost everytime.  I cannot open Media Center and it says it cannot load the database.  Windows lists the file as corrupt, and I have to run a Checkdisk to get rid of the corrupt file. 

I have had this probem for over 6 months.  Is there a way around this?  It is frustrating.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center database corrupts frequently
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 09:02:38 pm »

If it happens again, backup your jmd files and email them to matt @ jriver.com. I'm curious what file causes the problem, as we double-check all database disk writes.  Of course, hardware write caching can make that irrelevant. 

If your computer crashes a lot, you may want to try disabling write-behind caching for your drives.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 12:35:56 am »

I have MC load at system startup minimized to the system tray since other people in my family connect to this system to play music. This system is up 24hrs a day except for a reboot every day at 2:00am. I have not to date had a problem with the database. What would be nice is a hotkey combination that could bring MC up so that I could shutdown properly but as long as I don't have database problems it's not a big deal.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 07:41:11 am »

I have MC load at system startup minimized to the system tray since other people in my family connect to this system to play music. This system is up 24hrs a day except for a reboot every day at 2:00am. I have not to date had a problem with the database. What would be nice is a hotkey combination that could bring MC up so that I could shutdown properly but as long as I don't have database problems it's not a big deal.

If you do a normal system shutdown, MC will get closed properly.  It'd only be a hardware induced crash / reboot that'd be bad.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Tuckers

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 02:57:05 am »

Well, trite comments aside.  Each time my computer has had to have a hard reboot, as rare and unconventional as that may be to some,  the Media Center database file corrupts in windows.

I'll send it to support if I catch it again. 

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 06:52:53 am »

Here since 2 or 3 days I've lost 'Media Library' in MC's tree  :-[ . It happened to me again about 1 y. ago. That time I needed to reinstall and rebuild the full library.

Now I've C drive  backup image... what I need to restore to fix this issue without rebuild my full library?

Thanks

Stebajo

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 07:26:13 am »

Here since 2 or 3 days I've lost 'Media Library' in MC's tree  :-[ . It happened to me again about 1 y. ago. That time I needed to reinstall and rebuild the full library.

Now I've C drive  backup image... what I need to restore to fix this issue without rebuild my full library?

Thanks

Stebajo

Before doing anything, make sure that you indeed are in "All media" media mode and you don't have accidentaly switched to a specific media mode, such as audio or images.

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 01:27:32 pm »

Wow Deivit,  :D
thanks thousands for the correct and fast answer!!!

I had accidentally switched to Video mode...
Now all it is returned in the norm.

Thanks again!!

Stebajo

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 03:16:25 pm »

Glad it helped  :)
---
Listening to: 'Can't Take the Pain' from 'Inspirational Sampler' by 'Third Day' on Media Center 11
Pages: [1]   Go Up