INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.214 Beta Available  (Read 6709 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.214 Beta Available
« on: March 14, 2005, 05:34:05 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110214.exe

Important:  Please post only bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.214 (3/14/05)

1. Changed: Some tree controls would use the the unfocused color instead of the focused color.
2. Fixed: Action Window's File Info field list would not properly show the currently selected columns.
3. NEW: Added Mid(...) and IsRange(...) functions to expression evaluator.
4. NEW: "Rename From Properties..." supports database expressions.
5. Fixed: Remote drive designation as Portable Device.
6. Fixed: Library Server Authentication was not working.
7. Fixed: CD ripping reported "failure" despite ripping all tracks successfully.
8. Fixed: CD Rip and Cancel buttons worked differently in Action window and in the list control.
9. Fixed: CD ripping failures resulted in confusing action window behavior.
10. Fixed: Multiple CD's could not be selected for ripping.
11. Fixed: The HandHeld Options dialog was not remembering changes.
12. Fixed: The HandHeld option for not converting different bitrates of the same format was not working.
13. Changed: Added "Library" menu (with backup, restore, library manager, etc.) to library root tree right-click.

11.0.213 (3/11/05)

1. NEW: Added support for If(...), FixCase(...), and IsEqual(...) to expression evaluator.
2. Fixed: Installer would reinstall WM 9.5 on XP machines when it wasn't necessary.
3. Fixed: Database expressions can be used as columns in list controls. (still a work in progress)
4. Changed: Listed CD capacity for burning no longer takes multi-session overhead into account. 700MB disc is now listed as 700MB.

11.0.212 (3/11/05)

1. Fixed: In skins without a tree selection image, the focused / unfocused coloring was reversed.
2. Fixed: Tools that used encoders would not work properly. (ripping, burning, recording)
3. Fixed: Installation on Win2k would try to install Windows Media runtimes that were too new.
4. Fixed: Creating / renaming data burning CD folders would cause a crash.

11.0.211 (3/10/05)

1. Fixed: Pressing 'Back' on the toolbar above a webpage could cause MC to crash in some cases.
2. Fixed: Dropping files on a handheld view could cause a crash.
3. Changed: Showing track info pages with certain IE system sounds enabled could cause MC to play sounds when switching tracks.
4. Fixed: Switching skins would not properly update all views when using split views.
5. Fixed: Library field list in Options dialog could flicker when adding or removing fields.
6. Changed: Dropping files on an empty Playing Now Action Window honors the "Start playback when adding to Playing Now" option.
7. Fixed: In some cases, the on-screen display wouldn't stay on top of the current display.
8. NEW: Added option General > Behavior > Previous button to make the previous button work like a standard CD player.
9. NEW: Glass and Acajou Theater View skins work again.
10. Changed: Drop menus in Theater View use a width that matches the item they're dropping from.
11. Changed: Speed improvements for parsing mpl database file from Portable Devices.
12. NEW: Added Media Server program to start menu for running Library, TiVo, UPnP, etc. servers in the background.
13. NEW: Retooled database expression engine to be much more powerful. ( documentation here: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/DBExpressions.htm )
14. NEW: Installer downloads and installs Windows Media Format runtimes during install only if system isn't up to date.
15. NEW: Encoder and transcoder settings have been upgraded.
16. Fixed: Transcoder settings on UPnP Server, TiVo Server, and Library Server now allow quality selection, and choosing arbitrary encoders as the target.
17. Fixed: The latest TiVo (7.1) now works.
18. Fixed: Mime types are correctly assigned for UPnP Server.
19. Fixed: International characters work with UPnP Server and TiVo Server.
20. Fixed: Browsing deep with UPnP Server now works (known problem for Roku, maybe others).
21. NEW: When dragging items, MC shows an alpha blended representation along with the drag. (not available on Win9x)

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.214 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 05:55:15 pm »

1. Changed: Some tree controls would use the the unfocused color instead of the focused color.

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but a quick check of  Skins Manager and you'll see this is not fixed in all areas yet. :(

On the upside, I do see it is fixed in Options. :)

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 06:08:05 pm »

when i'm fixing tags on files, each time i edit a field, the entire track list get resorted. i'm pretty sure i used to have to exit and re-enter that view before this occurred. this results in some strange behaviour...

For example. if several tracks are mis tagged as being 'rock' when they should be 'pop', i first have to play with the sorting to get all the tracks together, then once i change the genre field to 'pop' they dissappear and the same number of different tracks become highlighted. i then need to go search the for the original tracks so i can see what other tags i need to fix.

it would be easier if things didnt update until i'd finished with my work each time.

pip

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 06:09:25 pm »

Not to keep beating a horse, but a quick check of Plug-in Manager and Skins Manager and you'll see this is not fixed in all areas yet. :(

On the upside, I do see it is fixed in Options. :)

Skin Manager is a list, not a tree. I guess we need to change this there as well.  In hindsight, I think not using the focus color except for the main tree / list was by design.

That poor horse.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 06:25:55 pm »

Please let us know if you experience any Windows Media install problems with this build.

If you do, please include the OS and version of C:\Windows\WMVCore.dll along with your description of what's happening.

Thanks.

RemyJ

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 07:23:32 pm »

5. Fixed: Remote drive designation as Portable Device.
   Almost fixed.  Issue reported in the portables forum.

6. Fixed: Library Server Authentication was not working.
   THANKS!!!

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 08:50:05 pm »

This may, or may not, be the same thing sbsp2 reported but I noticed that in the Plug-in Manager tree, several nodes display a tooltip, most do not. The ones that display a tooltip are:

Display/3-D Visualizations

Encoder/External Encoder
Encoder/Monkey's Audio(APE)
Encoder/Uncompressed Wave
Encoder/Windows Media

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 09:39:06 pm »

This may, or may not, be the same thing sbsp2 reported but I noticed that in the Plug-in Manager tree, several nodes display a tooltip, most do not. The ones that display a tooltip are:

Display/3-D Visualizations

Encoder/External Encoder
Encoder/Monkey's Audio(APE)
Encoder/Uncompressed Wave
Encoder/Windows Media

That's an auto-complete tooltip that shows when a tree item isn't fully visible.  It makes it so you don't need to scroll side-to-side.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 10:03:40 pm »

I was playing around earlier, and clicked about 1/2 inch away (the distance of the button) from the skip forward button, just to change focus, and it activated the skip forward button.  Maybe this is by design, but it was certainly not expected to activate the button.

I was working on updating some tags, and in one of my view schemes, I was no longer able to see the tag info in the action window.  it was working earlier today, but it stopped working while I was loading to my iPod.  i closed MC and restarted (maybe after installing the new version .214, I can't remember for sure), and it is now working again.

Also, I changed one of the names of a track to better conform with other similar tracks, and when I uploaded to iPod, it warned me that I had 2 tracks with the same info (artist & Name), and did I want to remove one from the list and continue.  Yes please.  I then went back and changed the name of the offending song back to the original name and reloaded, but it now tells me that this is an unsupported file type and it can't load the song.  it plays fine in MC, and it is exactly the way it was 2 hours ago, when it worked fine.  Wierd.
pretend this is something funny

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 10:18:51 pm »

If you use the "Rename Files From Properties" feature, the fields (such as Album Artist[auto]), are not applied to the renamed files. The field name is applied instead.

ie. The renamed directory will actually be called "Album Artist[auto]" rather than the actual artistname...

Also, this has been happening for a while, if you use the Windows Explorer Media Center / Import feature (shell integration), if MC is not running at the time, it doesnt seem to do anything but start up. Repeating the import once MC is running imports the files as expected...

---
Media Center Registered 11.0.214 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1994 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 65 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4240N  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:1  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Cheers
Rob

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 10:37:21 pm »

Handheld devices will not transcode.

I added a single APL and clicked the transfer button.
I get an immediate error:

The following files cannot be transferred.
Remove them and continue the transfer?

Bluebird is unable to transfer - File not supported.

cfgreen

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 10:37:56 pm »

If you use the "Rename Files From Properties" feature, the fields (such as Album Artist[auto]), are not applied to the renamed files. The field name is applied instead.

ie. The renamed directory will actually be called "Album Artist[auto]" rather than the actual artistname...

Anything with the "Date" does the same..

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 11:10:18 pm »

1. DVDs don't show up in the media library. They show up and can be played from Drives and Devices, but can't be imported. For example I can playthe VTS_01_1 file from drives and devices and even change the "Name" and Genre" fields, but when I select import into library the file doesn't import. No error, it just doesn't show up in the Media Library section of the tree.

2. Can't play a DVD from a network share. The same DVD plays fine from a local hard drive.

3. There is no ability to access common DVD commands (e.g. menu, change audio track, subtitles, etc.) by keypresses (or any other means that would allow a remote control to be used to while playing a DVD).  Without this, DVDs are not playable (for any practical purposes) in Theaterview.

4. When playing a DVD in Theaterview the dialog that asks if you want to continue playing where you left off, pops up. This dialog is not implemented any differently in Theaterview and thus looks terrible. There is also no way to answer it using a remote.

5. The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

6. Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as some large number that bears no correspondence to the actual bitrate.

7. Using Drive&Devices, moving a file from under one of the My Network Places shortcuts to another can result in deletion of the file instead, i.e. it doesn't appear in the new location it was to be moved to, but presumably MC thinks it has been copied and deletes it from the old location. This same problem does NOT occur when moving files in the Microsoft Windows Network part of the My Network Places tree.

8. When moving photos to another location within "Drives and Devices" the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I have not done detailed testing to determine whether this problem crops up in other contexts.

9. Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 01:37:38 am »

CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It should update the CUE files (text) directly.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. Think about this, its lost the cue traks, a fix of broken links removes these items.. A move is a basic operation, MC should not be droping the ball on this.

helpme

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 02:12:36 am »

Recording sound from line in (a turntable) crashes MC 11

I first tried recording to uncompressed WAV file but also crashed when trying to save as MP3 file.

New directory for artist is created but no file of any sort and MC crashes straight away.

System Settings: -

Media Center 11.0.214 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3199 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 660 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-851S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 04:33:30 am »

11.0.214 (3/14/05)

2. Fixed: Action Window's File Info field list would not properly show the currently selected columns.

+ Big Thanks for fix this  :D

7. Fixed: CD ripping reported "failure" despite ripping all tracks successfully.

8. Fixed: CD Rip and Cancel buttons worked differently in Action window and in the list control.

9. Fixed: CD ripping failures resulted in confusing action window behavior.

Build 214 runs again so completely well, however a new problem if the Player in the background runs and I after some time the Player forward gets and then on import goes there close itself mc11 without error message!.  >:(
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 06:27:50 am »

Matt

From the version 205 on I have a problem with some Portuguese translations on message boxes. This problems continue with version 214.
At the end of  the topic http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23840.0 about Portuguese translations I post more informations.
Can you or someone help me?  ?

Tks

Alweb

Herakles

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 07:56:21 am »

Bugs found in rename from properties function

If i use something like this in the rename from properties function:

If([Complete Album],Complete Albums,Partial Albums)\[Artist]\[Album]

where [Artist] = Jack Johnson
         [Album] = In Between Dreams

I get the result: Complete AlbumsJack Johnson\In Between Dreams

Looks like i lost a backslash in the process...

---------------
The [Album Artist (auto)] seems to be broken, it doesn't change anymore for the associated value. To be sure about the syntax, i used the drop-down menu...

Intel Pentium 4 2391 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 515 MB, Free - 82 MB

Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STCD-ROM GCR-8480B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 08:09:50 am »

raistlin2k

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
External encoder bug
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 08:29:02 am »

JohnT

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 08:46:17 am »

Recording sound from line in (a turntable) crashes MC 11

I first tried recording to uncompressed WAV file but also crashed when trying to save as MP3 file.

New directory for artist is created but no file of any sort and MC crashes straight away.

System Settings: -

Media Center 11.0.214 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3199 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 660 MB

Ripping /   Drive E: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-851S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes

I can't reproduce this here. I'll move this to a separate thread ("MC 11 Line-in recording problem").
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 09:40:41 am »

Ctrl-Shift-A is broken.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 09:43:45 am »

Ctrl-Shift-A is broken.

It's working alright for me.  Anyone else?

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 09:58:24 am »

It's working alright for me.  Anyone else?

Sorry...I use Trillian 3.1 Pro and it had a hook for Ctrl-Shift-A that I did disable, but it didn't unhook (I guess).  I restarted Trillian and now the hotkey works in MC11.

mrsnarky

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2005, 10:54:00 am »

That's an auto-complete tooltip that shows when a tree item isn't fully visible.  It makes it so you don't need to scroll side-to-side.

DOH!

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2005, 11:05:55 am »

MC interferes with DVD-RW drive access.

Same problems as reported before.  I cannot access my DVD drive (to play a DVD movie) with MC running.  Stopped MC and now Windows Explorer, PowerDVD, etc. can access the drive.  MC is blocking access somehow.

bmustang

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2005, 12:39:13 pm »

Problème avec les boutons Back (Alt-Left) and Foward (Alt-Rigth) qui ne fonctionnent plus. Je répète que la fenêtre DSP n'affiche rien?
L'installation d'encoder MPC et Flac ne s'affichent pas?

Idée: Il manque dans MC une fonction de couper (convertir) un fichie.
Exemple: 1 album full dans un fichier uniquement que je pourrais découper par song or track.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2005, 04:35:28 pm »

Sam,
Your post is here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26515.0

It's not a bug.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2005, 05:40:57 pm »

Something broke -- in .214 when I sync my iPod, it tells me (suddenly) that mp4 files are not supported. It did not delete all the mp4 files on the iPod, but it would not transfer any new (or changed) ones over.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2005, 06:02:50 pm »

I still can't access a CD in my drives.

When you select the drive under "Drives & Devices" MC says "Gathering Information and Updating views, then come up with the messgae "Media Centre has detected a new CD in Drive F: but can't get the correct volume information.  Please try eject and reincerting the CD"

MC used to show the disc as "Audio CD" under Drives & Devices when a CD was inserted, now it just stays as "Compact Disc" even when a disc is inserted.

Richard

Intel Pentium 4 1890 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 353 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive F: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-117   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2005, 06:10:39 pm »

i'm seeing the same thing as rpalmer68. I fired up iTunes and the CDs ripped fine.

=================================================================

Intel Pentium 4 2989 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 439 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive X: YAMAHA  CRW-F1E           Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive X: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:44  MaxSpeed:44  BurnProof:Yes

RemyJ

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2005, 08:55:55 pm »

MC interferes with DVD-RW drive access.

Same problems as reported before.  I cannot access my DVD drive (to play a DVD movie) with MC running.  Stopped MC and now Windows Explorer, PowerDVD, etc. can access the drive.  MC is blocking access somehow.

Same here.  Been reported several times.

I still can't access a CD in my drives.

When you select the drive under "Drives & Devices" MC says "Gathering Information and Updating views, then come up with the messgae "Media Centre has detected a new CD in Drive F: but can't get the correct volume information. Please try eject and reincerting the CD"

MC used to show the disc as "Audio CD" under Drives & Devices when a CD was inserted, now it just stays as "Compact Disc" even when a disc is inserted.

Same here also UNLESS there's a disc in the drive when MC starts.  Then all is OK.
For data CDs, instead of getting the message, MC shows the disc as empty.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 01:43:58 am »

Version 11.0.214 doesn't crash any more when dragging files to handheld in the action window, but when starting the transfer, this message appears:

Error
Out of memory. Upload aborted.
Ok

Needless to mention that on the network drive there is 20GB available space, isn't it?
It works for local drives but not for network drives.

godavego

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2005, 08:41:10 am »

Still having problems with UPnP 1.0.11 and Roku Soundbridge.

- Timeouts when browsing large views (artist or album, for example).

- Still have to select all the way through to a song before I can play.  Basically, the Roku play button doesn't work.  Using Windows Media Controller, I can press play at any time, and that is a lot more usable.

- Since the server knows what the client is (at least WMC cn figure it out), MC should not provide items that can't be done.  Why show browse pictures and video?

For the views that I can get to, things work pretty well, but the UPnP server is the last item that is keeping me from installing MC11 in my main environment.  For now, I continue to run MC10 and WMC.

ulvatne

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2005, 09:00:08 am »

The playing now list shows all Track#s as "0" and list all playing times in seconds not MM:SS
Pages: [1]   Go Up