INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC10, TIVO and Pictures not showing  (Read 7301 times)

dhiggins

• World Citizen
MC10, TIVO and Pictures not showing
« on: June 14, 2004, 07:44:14 am »

Hi

I've had MC10 for a while now, very cool. And when Tivo announced that the HMO is included in the monthly fee, well, hell, I had to set that up.

Anyway, the music and playlists work great, but I can't get Media center to show any pictures on TIVO

When I browse through TIVO, I get 3 "server" entries, one for "Media Center Music on server", one for "Media Center Photos on server", and one for "Darin's Photos" (which is coming from the TIVO Desktop)

I can browse into the MC Music selection and all my MP3 tracks show up and play just fine.

I can browse into the "darin's Photos" selection and if I've published pictures through Tivo Desktop, they show up properly.

If I browse into the "Media Center Photos", I get two folders, one for Media library and the other for playlists.

But when I browse into either one, I get "there are no viewable photos in this folder"

I've added the images through MC to my one library and MC will show them just fine, just not TIVO. They're all JPG images

Any ideas?

Thanks
Darin

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re:MC10, TIVO and Pictures not showing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 10:54:08 am »

Can you post your system info?
Are you running the latest version of MC10?

j

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 11:49:13 am »

Well, I thought I was running the latest version, cause I'd clicked on the "Check for updates" and it said no update available, but now that I go in and look, I'm running 9.1.319, not version 10.

I'm on XP, both the music files and the images are on a seperate server that runs windows 2000 server.

Is Version 10 a seperate paid upgrade?

Could v9 be the problem?

Thanks
Darin

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 03:36:41 pm »

V9 could be the problem, though that doesn't make much sense to me.
V10 is an upgrade at a reduced price from V9.
Check for updates won't tell you about completely new major versions of the program.

j

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 04:45:27 pm »

Thanks for the response. I pulled version 10, installed (my sernum from 9 seemed to work ok for 10, who knew)

Anyway. Same basic problem, only slightly worse

Now, I don't even get the Media library folder when I browse through TIVO, just the playlists.

But when I browse into playlists for images, TIVO just says there's "no viewable images in this folder"

All the music still works great though.

I'm running MC10 (definitely now!) and XP with the latest service packs.

Is there anything else I can try (I'm a programmer, so getting technical with me is not a problem<g>)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 04:57:17 pm »

Just to confirm: When you start the TiVo HMO, you should see TWO entries for your machine. One is for Music, and one is for Photos. Once you click on the Music entry, you can't view photos without starting over (and vice versa).

j

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 05:10:58 pm »

Oh definitely, and I'm seeing the 2 entries for the server
'Darin's Music in Media Center on ASGARD"
"Darin's photo's in Media Center on ASGARD"

or something similiar

and also
"Darin Higgins Photos"
Which is coming from the TIVO desktop software I installed.

But when I SELECT on the media center PHOTOS entry, I get 1 folder (playlists) and if I SELECT on it, I get a "No Viewable images in this folder" message

If I go through the TIVO Photos' entry, i can see photo's just fine. Strange

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 10:30:46 am »

Start Media Center on the server machine, and make sure there are photos in your library...

j

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 01:38:37 pm »

Well, unless I'm completely missing something, there are.

I can open media center, expand the MEDIA LIBRARY in the tree and I see an IMAGES folder, expand that, and I see 2197 files, all JPGs, MC is showing the thumbnails, everything seems to work just fine.

I can put MC into Play mode on the images and I get a slideshow, etc.

I just can't see them on TIVO. Is there something special I have to do for the images. I didn't have to do anything to get the MP3's to show up, so I'm stumped...

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 01:58:24 pm »

Have you changed libraries? Make sure the library MC is using and the library MS are the same.

If they are, then there's a pic at:

http://www.jriver.com/~gateley/dhiggins.jpg

Download this, import it into media center, restart media server, and see if you can see it on the TiVo.

j

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 02:18:53 pm »

Thank you! Thank you!

I knew it had to be something dumb. I had Media server pointed to a library called "Media Files", which is located on my server and is something that get's backed up.

But somehow, MC was pointed to a DEFUALT library, which is where I'd imported all the images.

Now it's working perfectly.

What's odd is that when I ran the 9.0 version of media server, it didn't pick up the "default" library, the only thing I could choose from was Media Files.

The 10 version displays both...

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

ethieber

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MC10, TIVO and Pictures not showing
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 11:39:49 pm »

I'm having a similar problem with Tivo and Media Center version 10 (10.0.198).  Ever since I upgraded my Tivo to software version 7.1a (which supports TivoToGo), I can no longer view photos from Media Server on Tivo.  I've confirmed that the library Media Server is accessing is the correct one.  I can access my Media Server audio (MP3) files from Tivo, but when I navigate to a folder or playlist with photos in it Tivo reports that "The folder does not contain any viewable photos."

Are there any known compatibility issues with Tivo software version 7.1a and Media Center 10?  Has this combination been tested?

-Ed

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 06:37:54 am »

jrath

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 02:54:49 pm »

I see at the other thread that this is a known problem for MC11 and that some kind of update is being worked on.  I purchased MC10 just a couple months ago specifically for its compatibility with Tivo. I can play music (which is awesome) but cannot see the photos.

Will there be an update to fix the photo viewing problem with MC10? Any idea when?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 04:08:14 pm »

As far as I know, photos are working with both MC10 and MC11.  If you're using MC11, get the latest build.

jrath

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 09:40:36 am »

As far as I know, photos are working with both MC10 and MC11.

Well, that sounds encouraging...maybe I'm just missing something.

I am using MC10.0.173, but I'm having the same problem that ethieber was having earlier in this thread. Ever since the Tivo 7.1a update, when I try to view photos on the Tivo, it says "This folder does not contain any viewable photos."

I have verified that MC and MS are using the same library. I have restarted the Tivo. Music is all streaming nicely...but no photos. Any ideas?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 02:23:17 pm »

This works in MC11.  TiVo changed their protocol.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up