INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing [locked]  (Read 1045 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Sharing [locked]
« on: March 20, 2005, 11:35:27 pm »

I would like to be able to share parts of my library with my friends or publicly.  I know there are copyright issues, but those can be worked out perhaps (?).  But say I create 4-5 playlists of different types and I can mark them "Public, publish on my site" and then an XML playlist is FTPed  with links back to MC to serve up the music.  Or I take my iPod w/BlueTooth v. 5 and when I run into my buddy, I have several playlists built and tagged and they get shared automatically.

Heh...this will *NEVER* happen, the Original Napster set the precedent.

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Re: Where MC is going in the next few years
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:23:29 am »

Heh...this will *NEVER* happen, the Original Napster set the precedent.

Well you can do it within iTunes in a closed envronment and you can do it in WebJay with open source music...  What if all the musicians on CD baby said it was okay to do with *their* music?  At some point, for non-lablel bands, music becomes free and the more it is distributed the better.   Then they "sell" other things - merchandise, concerts.  Not in todays world, in tomorrows world.

Never say never!

;)

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
Re: Where MC is going in the next few years
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 08:53:42 am »

Sure its good, for the small indie producers.. the internet is the best thing to ever happen.

But the problem is the big boys get cut out of the loop. They like to kick up a stink whenever the word sharing comes up, some times even when their product isn't whats being shared. In fact its the same argument that being used to show that P2P *does* have legal uses as well.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sharing [locked]
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 08:56:31 am »

Tough topic.  Sorry, but I'm locking this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up