INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.236 Beta Available  (Read 3626 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.236 Beta Available
« on: April 13, 2005, 05:25:07 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110236.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.236 (4/13/05)

1. Fixed: For 'drive defined' portables, 'file type not supported' will no longer appear in the view.
2. Fixed: Progress bar not working right for CD ripping when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
3. Fixed: Rip/encode speed not correct when when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
4. Fixed: Rip/encode simultaneous option not synchronized between encoder options page and advanced ripping options page.
5. NEW: Audible files resume where they last left off when restarting playback inside of Media Center. (bookmarking)
6. Fixed: Track info pages would not load properly in some cases.
7: Changed: Removed autodetection of NetGear.
8. NEW: Support for Buffalo LinkTheater Network Media Player.
9. New: Support Audio Only mode for UPnP devices with no video output.
10. Fixed: Use Flat URLs option was not working.
11. Fixed: No alternating messages when initializing portables between 'Initializing' and 'Retrieving track information'.
12. Fixed: Toggle between 'sync all' and 'sync selected' for portables.
13. Changed: Improvements added for enumeration of Fixed/Remote drive devices.
14. Changed: Improvements to Auto sync.
15. Fixed: Drag-n-drop inside of a playlist / Playing Now would not work properly.
16. Changed: Playing a tree path with /TreePath= for a random-style smartlist will get a new batch of files each time.

11.0.235 (4/11/05)

1. Changed: Paths defined as Portable Devices will support transfer of all filetypes.
2. Fixed: Portable Action Window progress would not auto close after transfer.
3. Fixed: During auto sync, data from a portable would not be synced to PC.
4. Fixed; Delete unselected portables option.
5. Changed: Dropping on the Media Library (and possibly other) lists could show an uneeded Copy / Move menu.
6. Fixed: In some are cases, drop actions that showed a menu could cause an error.
7. Fixed: Imports that included playlists could cause inconsistent import summary reporting or crashes.
8. Fixed: Import would import broken links from playlists if "Ignore small files" was unchecked.
9. Changed: InstallWizard no longer tries to install Windows Media Device Manager components on Windows XP since they should already have been installed with WMF95.
10. Changed: User interface in action window when burning data CD's.
11. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding had problems "allowing" a secondary audio format onto the destination CD.
12. Fixed: CD burning with transcoding was not transferring tags to the transcoded files burned to CD.
13. Changed: View headers use buttons instead of hyperlinks for commands. (like Rip, Play, etc.)
14. NEW: Theater View's Playing Now will keep the playing file highlighted and visible as tracks change.
15. Fixed: Library Server would not play files with Unicode filenames.

11.0.234 (4/8/05)

1. Fixed: Not all settings for Portables were being individualized correctly.
2. Changed: Auto sync on connection of portable devices is enabled.
3. Changed: Reset of Portable devices will clear all registry settings for Portables.

11.0.233 (4/7/05)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, thumbnails would not persist between sessions until viewing Options once.
2. Fixed: Slowness transferring files from Nomad and Dell devices to the PC.
3. Fixed: Slowness during analysis of files to be transferred to handhelds.
4. Fixed: When rewinding reached the beginning of the buffer, TV in Time-shifting mode took a long time to resume normal play.
5. Fixed: Rewinding would not work when TV in Time-shifting mode was playing very close to live TV.
6. Fixed: Audio from an analog channel would be played when TV was started playing a digital channel.
7. Fixed: TV would not import recording from ATI HDTV Wonder device.
8. Fixed: Thumbnail viewing of jpg files from portable devices.
9. Fixed: Transcoded CD burning is working again (the "MP3 CD or DVD" choice in the CD burning droplist).

11.0.232 (4/5/05)

1. Fixed: When viewing a folder with MC's "My Computer" area, data files could get their system "date modified" updated to the current date.
2. Fixed: Some portable options selected in Tools->Options->Handheld were not being saved properly per device.
3. Fixed: iPod long filename and foreign character added and corrected.
4. Fixed: Time zone and daylight savings time shifts could cause MC to wrongly detect external changes during import.
5. Fixed: Some DVDs would not play
6. Fixed: DVDs that had a menu that's not on the menu domain would not work
properly. (The Incredibles : Bonus Disc, etc.)

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

edbro

Re: Media Center 11.0.236 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 05:57:35 pm »

When ripping a CD, it grabs the focus at the end of each track. This is very annoying when trying to work in another program. I don't think this is specific to this build as I have noticed this before. But, a bug none the less?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 06:04:29 pm »

When ripping a CD, it grabs the focus at the end of each track. This is very annoying when trying to work in another program. I don't think this is specific to this build as I have noticed this before. But, a bug none the less?

What are your ripping settings? (encoder, on-the-fly, etc.)

edbro

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 06:11:34 pm »

What are your ripping settings? (encoder, on-the-fly, etc.)
Encoding on the fly to Ape (Normal); Analyze audio during ripping; rip & encode simultaneously; delete temp wav files when encoding is done

Media Center Registered 11.0.236 -- c:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1845 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 719 MB, Free - 489 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2212  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R2212   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 06:17:29 pm »

The installer, and the program itself forces association with "Audio Playlists (m3u,pls,xpl,bpl)".  MC tries to take ownership every time I check the File Associations settings.  Media Scheduler is not running.

Thanks for the /PlayReplace fix.  It works great!

Michael Horton

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 08:10:16 pm »

When ripping a CD, it grabs the focus at the end of each track. This is very annoying when trying to work in another program. I don't think this is specific to this build as I have noticed this before.

Same here, for the last 2-3 builds. Encoding to Ape (Normal); not on the fly, not set to Analyze audio during ripping; not set to rip & encode simultaneously; delete temp wav files when encoding is done.

Media Center Registered 11.0.236 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

AMD Unknown 1996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252B   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-252B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:208  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 11:54:27 pm »

Where has the option to skip converting same file type when transferring gone?
I do not want to re-encode MP3 to MP3. The quality falls WAY off.

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 04:00:11 am »

When using NetRemote against a remote library the IMG:MP.PlayingNowCover image is not displayed. The images in GAC schemes work fine.

Not sure if this is a NetRemote or MC issue so I'll post it in both forums

some background on my setup....
music files and album art stored on a server (album art in its own directory)
MC master library on a remote PC (NR album image works fine against the master library)
remote / secondary library on a 3rd PC
MC version 236 on all PCs

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 05:37:10 am »

I cannot burn any more

problems when burning an audioCD from a cue fiel. media center crashes/hangs.
When burning a compilation of selected files it "cuts off" or "removes"some tracks, mostly its track1 of the cd. the status information also shows wrong information, it allways shows the last track even though the CD ist is allready done and even ejected

this is since the last betas of MC, i can only burn a cd if i trn
burn a cd if i turn off direct ecode, otherwise mc crashed directly when i click on burn.

My system info.:

Media Center Registered 11.0.236 -- C:\Programme\Multimedia Programme\Media Center 11\

AMD Athlon 1544 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 209 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Update:

Ok one I has means reason found, debt is a become outdated/defective Aspi driver been the wnaspi32.dll in the system32 of XP the newer I simply from nero 6,6,0,8 took more exactly.

My New Systeminfo:

Media Center Registered 11.0.236 -- C:\Programme\Multimedia Programme\Media Center 11\

AMD Athlon 1543 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 2.0.1.74 , Win32 Nero Aspi Library, Copyright © 1999-2003 Ahead Software AG / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:10  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 06:21:03 am »

When using NetRemote against a remote library the IMG:MP.PlayingNowCover image is not displayed. The images in GAC schemes work fine.

Worked Around! - Ben at Promixis provided the workaround - reduce image display size in NR properties

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 06:27:49 am »

Replace & Play still not working...

The Explorer "Replace & Play" context menu  still doesn't work if MC isn't running. The other context menus seem to work fine. In fact, there seems to be no functional difference between "Play" and "Replace & Play" unless I'm missing some subtle distinction.

(I reported this in build 235 and realize it wasn't in the fix list for 236.  I'm just reposting to keep it from slipping away....)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 06:56:27 am »

5. NEW: Audible files resume where they last left off when restarting playback inside of Media Center. (bookmarking)

Will this be expanded to cover other file types as well, like mp3, dvd and so on?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 07:00:14 am »

It could be.  We had a discussion about whether it would be useful.  Maybe you could start a new thread and say how you might want to use it so we can better understand.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 08:33:15 am »

Will this be expanded to cover other file types as well, like mp3, dvd and so on?

Just a heads up that DVDs already bookmark with MC 11.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 10:09:24 am »

when sending an mp3 to a handheld device the mp3s do not get encoded to the right bitrate if 128-cbr is selected. the output is VBR higher than 128.

but when encoding this files from a hdd to other dir it works fine.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 11:18:03 am »

when sendung an mp3 to a handheld device the mp3s do not get encoded to the right bitrate if 128-cbr is selected. the output is VBR

but when encoding files from a hdd it works fine

When sending to a handheld, why do you wish to re-encode MP3s?
Just curious.
Personally I liked the old "Skip same filetype".

"lossy" to "lossy" = "mushy" in my opinion.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 11:42:18 am »

I do this because i dont want (need) 256/kb mp3s using up so much free space on my mp3player. thats why i let the file convert into 128kb. but the problem is that it doesnt work, its in VBR, and still takes up too much space. its not about me making any sense, more important, its about the fact that it doe not work yet 

it doesnt make any difference if i try with wave ape or ogg files, the result file on the destination device is not correct. it not like how mc11 was konfigured to output it.

Just curious.
Personally I liked the old "Skip same filetype".

"lossy" to "lossy" = "mushy" in my opinion.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 12:18:54 pm »

I checked the fix on 'drag and drop in playing now'.
Also draging between 2 views now works again (only if no filter is used).
It all works, but still VERY inaccurate.
This is all on my PC where I replaced MC10 with MC11 (version 236).

Guess what happened on my laptop where I installed MC11 (version236) next to MC10.
Here the drag and drop is far more accurate. There is a clear line (during drag) indicating where the song will be dropped. This is like in MC10.

In MC11 on my PC this line is clearly not available!! It feels like the drop is floating.
Even knowing this it is not predictable where the song will be inserted.

Hope this helps.
Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 12:42:50 pm »

Hello,
 I have the following problem with MC11/b.234. When I click on "Drives & Devices" I get an error message (a very long one)  and MC crashes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 11.0.234 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2367 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 660 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-708A     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first time it happens. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
geoptin

edbro

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 12:47:52 pm »

Just curious.
I need this because my handheld will only play bitrates of 128 or less. I reported this problem in build .225
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26675.msg185180#msg185180

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 12:51:41 pm »

I checked the fix on 'drag and drop in playing now'.
Also draging between 2 views now works again (only if no filter is used).
It all works, but still VERY inaccurate.
This is all on my PC where I replaced MC10 with MC11 (version 236).

Guess what happened on my laptop where I installed MC11 (version236) next to MC10.
Here the drag and drop is far more accurate. There is a clear line (during drag) indicating where the song will be dropped. This is like in MC10.

In MC11 on my PC this line is clearly not available!! It feels like the drop is floating.
Even knowing this it is not predictable where the song will be inserted.

Hope this helps.
Peter

Things look fine on my PC. Using the Opus MC Blue theme and an ATI video card at highest color depth and resolution.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 01:21:42 pm »

Hello,
 I have the following problem with MC11/b.234. When I click on "Drives & Devices" I get an error message (a very long one)  and MC crashes.

This is the first time it happens. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Please update MC.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 01:36:53 pm »

On the drag and drop problem.
Independent on what skin or effect I still the inaccurate drop. The line stays unvisable.
I am using a Radeon 9200 from ATI Technologies. This is not high end, but it should work, or not?

Do you use MC11 only on your PC?

Anybody experiencing the same problem???  ?

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 01:50:22 pm »

On the drag and drop problem.
Independent on what skin or effect I still the inaccurate drop. The line stays unvisable.

Only at the very end, right after the drop, the line pops up for a split second.
That proves, to my opinion, that the line can be displayed by my configuration.

Peter

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 01:59:27 pm »

This drag and drop bug can be reproduced. I have already written about it:

I think I found it. If I change the list order by dragging in the middle area of the visible part of the Playing Now list the dragged item goes where it should, but if I drag it to near of the top or the bottom of the visible list MC starts scrolling the page and drops the dragged item after the scroll to a different place.

The scrolling seems to start if the dragged item is dropped inside the area of about 5 tracks from the top or bottom of the visible part of the list.

A bug.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 02:14:28 pm »

A nice feature would be if it were possible to copy titles (and directoryies) from a remote library directly to my computer.

That would be a real cool feature, everything else works fine in the remote library server feature.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 03:21:29 pm »

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 04:51:45 pm »

Three related issues:

a) The "playlist" icon in the top bar leads to the Library Browser, not to the playlists. The "Drivers & Devices" icon leads to the playlists.

b) When hovering over the playlist icon in the top bar, the pop-up information says that Alt + 4 leads to Playlists, but it leads to the Library browser. The Alt + 5 leads to the playlists in stead of the indicated "Drives & Devices", so the fault seems to be  totally coherent with the one in a).

c) The help file, under "Keyboard Hot keys" suggests Ctrl + digit for some hot keys that are in reality implemented with Alt + digit.  For Ctrl  + 1 to Ctrl + 3, you can just change to Alt + 1 to Alt + 3, but then we have again the insertion of the Library browser in the list so the rest of the Ctrl + digit shortcuts should be replaced with Alt + digit shortcuts with other digits.
Maybe correcting the help file is deliberately put on the "to do later" list; I just wanted to mention it in case it was missed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up