INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various questions  (Read 665 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Various questions
« on: April 25, 2005, 06:33:57 pm »

Hi all,

After using MC for a few months I'm starting to dig into some of its more advanced features and have come up with some questions:

1. I usually prefer to listen to all my music randomly, but I have some criteria on how I'd like songs sorted. For example, I'd prefer lower rated songs to come up less often. I'd also like recently listened to songs to be pushed further back in the queue to allow unlistened to songs to come up. I believe the following formula would work for me, but I don't know how to sort on this formula. I tried looking into DB Expressions, but I can't seem to do mathematical operations on the values.

[Rating] * [Last Played]

My actual formula is a little more complicated as I need to account for un-rated items (I'll probably just equate unrated as 3) and accound for never-been-played items (probably give them some default value, like 180). Also, I'd need a way to randomly sort items that have the same value for the equation.

So, is this possible? If so, how?

2. How can I choose an amount of data to sync to my handheld? Or, put another way, is there a way to say, "sync this playlist to my hendheld until it is full"?

3. I haved a few CDs with copy protection (Sony's format, I think). In MC the tracks didn't show up at all, although the title of the CD was discovered in YADB. The interesting part is that Windows Media Player found the tracks and ripped them just fine. One example of this is Duran Duran's recent "Astronaut" CD.

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up