INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 Cue file problem  (Read 1284 times)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester
MC11 Cue file problem
« on: April 28, 2005, 04:19:19 pm »

Thanks I have again loaded...

An old problem unfortunately still up-to-date  ?, Cue files are imported again and again and again.

With this builds was the cue import ok, 184, 188, 196.

Library now has 7 files. Search and update took 0:00.

Imported 0 new files.
Fixed 4 broken links. (4 fixed, 0 removed)
Updated 4 files that had external changes.
(No new files are present correctly there also none are found)

Starting from this Builds each cue TRACK is again and again imported, 198, 199, 200, 233, 245, 246, 247,248,249,250,251,251new !

Library now has 15 files. Search and update took 0:01.

Imported 4 new files.
Updated 8 files that had external changes.

(Wrongly available files are again and again again imported)

This problem is still available please please repairs it!  :-[

The problem is that the TRACKS from the cue to be again and again again imported.
MC recognized not the this in the library are already, tested with a new empty library, only this album was imported. 
After 2 times is each TRACK imports already doubly available this continues then always in such a way.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11 Cue file import
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 04:32:21 pm »

No changes regarding cue files will be made before release.

ocenter

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Media Center 11.0.251 Release Candidate
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 05:41:04 pm »

I understand that you guys want to clean up this version of MC11 and get it out but can you give us any "window" of when you are going to get to this? I mean this has been a persistent problem since the beginning of MC11 and there have been numerous topics on it in the forum. I have read all the workarounds (importing folder by folder or excluding the folder that the cue is in) and they are very temporary solutions for a problem that has been there since the beginning. I love your product and have been a faithful buyer of the past three versions but I have to say that quite annoyed with the way the problem has been tossed to the side. It almost seems that you guys are more interested in the style than in the substance. I don't see how you can put cue support on your features when it is completely error prone. The users that follow this site on a per release basis can at least have some clue about the problems you have encountered with it but what about the ordinary user? I would love to recommend this software to my friends and coworkers (most have their PCs set up with high quality rips to broadcast throughout their houses) but this problem has been so neglected that I wouldn't even mention this to them, and that bothers me. I know this seems like a rant but because I really do like your product and have seen how far you guys have came with it, that is why I am writing it. Please give us some kind of outlook on this problem because with cue files becoming a norm with ripping, I see alot of people being disgruntled with this future release.
 Thanks,
   Ocenter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11 Cue file problem
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:04:36 pm »

Cue file support is limited at this time.  I can't say when or if that will change.

The list of things that people would like to have is very long, and we also have our own list.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
MC11 Cue file problem
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 03:57:31 am »

I don't see how you can put cue support on your features when it is completely error prone.
   Ocenter

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking

Sad to say there is no problem with the way CUE is described there. MC 11 supports CUE as it's described. MC has reached parity with winamp here, just plays cue files and that is all. Since we are so used to using the library for *MORE* than just playing files, it was natural to think there was more to this.

So i just stick with FB2K which is ahead in this area for cue files.

Of course many others along with myself  echo your sentiments on this but have grudgingly accepted it won't make it into 11 and hope it does in 12.

Cue file support is limited at this time.  I can't say when or if that will change.

The list of things that people would like to have is very long

That list includes a lot of "nice to haves" while ignoring the "must-haves".

If i were to list the "must haves" to make CUE workable, the list isn't that long.
- Fix moving of directories so that MC does not lose the imported cue files, this is a no brainer really. IF you import cue tracks rate them and/or analyse them and move a directory, all that information is lost.

Just try it, it seems to be fine for the first move but any subsequent moves result in the problem described above. Since it takes a significant investment of time to rate & analyse, this is defnitely a GOTCHA.

In a similar way to cover-art which happens to be in the same folder, yet with numerous reshuffles on my HD, MC has never lost track of what cover art to use for the album.

- Allow MC to write to the cue files directly for the limited amount of fields that cue supports. So there isn't any gap between what is in the library and the cue files. The remaining fields (AA etc) can be stored in the library only. Otherwise the cue files get a bit cluttered up with *REM* all over the place..dont think that is desirable. This might need to be discussed a bit more in the Cue threads so we have a general consensus on it.

That's all i can think of that is necessary to make working with cue files as seamless as working with separate tracks, whilst *still* making use of the MC database which is the main reason people use MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up