INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP and International Characters  (Read 869 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
UPnP and International Characters
« on: April 28, 2005, 03:27:01 pm »

Testing showed that none of the UPnP Devices I have in house can play files with international characters in the meta data (specifically, I tested the Artist field).

So there's a new option "Filter International Characters" that is set to TRUE for all devices. If you find a device that can play such content, please let me know.

j

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: UPnP and International Characters
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 03:34:01 pm »

I don't remember this being a problem with my MP101, but I can check...

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 07:41:35 pm »

Testing showed that none of the UPnP Devices I have in house can play files with international characters in the meta data (specifically, I tested the Artist field).

So there's a new option "Filter International Characters" that is set to TRUE for all devices. If you find a device that can play such content, please let me know.

j

I tried on my philips SL400i and found a few international characters that work!

From the server log: 04/28/05 20:39:17 - Sharing (without conversion): D:\My Music\Será una Noche\La Segunda\El Porteñito - 08 - Será una Noche - La Segunda.wav

helpme

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 09:04:34 pm »

On my MP101 international characters seem to work fine with the Netgear server and with Twonky...just not with MC11

I'm not fully aware of what the servers are sending but the files are defined with international characters in the artist and display as such when played or searched ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up